The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand injures Duclair

This rat will always get a shot in whenever he can. If you are just trying to avoid collision, why does the hand have to make contact with Duclair's head area?

He injured his leg but without the contact to the head, Duclair's leg doesn't have to get dragged onto the ice due to the opposite force applied to the head.

Probably won't be any suspension because he makes it look like he is avoiding collision but the fact remains that he got a shot in and that caused the injury.

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The guy plays like he's had a concussion his entire life.  Pretty impressive he's made it this far without a pair of balls or a functioning brain.

Either the NHL or a player needs to end this gutless piece of garbage's career sooner rather than later.

I disagree. He has a functioning brain otherwise, how else would he be avoiding retribution. He has been hiding between Chara and Lucic's legs. Now, Chara is too old to protect him, he scratches himself for the game.

He has no balls. No guts. That I agree. He's a coward. Didn't think it was possible but he is about ten times worse than Cooke. 

20 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

HE WAS JUST TRYING TO PROTECT HIMSELF.

At this point I'm starting to think that Marchand is a sociopath. He thinks everyone that comes near him is coming to hurt him and that's why he always keeps on saying he was just trying to protect himself. 

He has the traits of a sociopath (according to this website (https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopath-vs-sociopath-what-s-the-difference/):

• Repeated violations of the law
  • Pervasive lying and deception
  • Physical aggressiveness
  • Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  • Consistent irresponsibility in work and family environments
  • Lack of remorse

Maybe something happened to him during his childhood that screwed him up bad. Maybe he will come out after he retires with an autobiography, detailing what had happened to him and the cause for his unacceptable behaviours. If so, I feel bad for him but he should really seek mental help. It's too bad for NHL too, that one of its elite players behaves this way.

When I first saw this yesterday, I didn't think it was that big a deal, as much as I wanted it to be.  But seeing the angle at the 40 second mark of the video changes everything, IMO.

Fry the Rat.

26 minutes ago, khay said:

At this point I'm starting to think that Marchand is a sociopath. He thinks everyone that comes near him is coming to hurt him and that's why he always keeps on saying he was just trying to protect himself. 

He has the traits of a sociopath (according to this website (https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopath-vs-sociopath-what-s-the-difference/):

• Lack of remorse

Maybe something happened to him during his childhood that screwed him up bad. Maybe he will come out after he retires with an autobiography, detailing what had happened to him and the cause for his unacceptable behaviours. If so, I feel bad for him but he should really seek mental help. It's too bad for NHL too, that one of its elite players behaves this way.

I totally agree with the potential abuse Ratface must have suffered as a young Rat that is behind his abhorrent behavior.  I bet he was forced to watch the movie "King Rat", and read Ratman's Notebook.  Events such as these can negatively influence any young Ratfink.

Shocker that he was a healthy scratch when Boston played Chicago. Not only is he a cheapshot artist and reckless player, but he lacks the cojones to take his lumps from Chicago. Not that they have many players willing to make him pay. I could see Toews trying to fight him though.

This is the one time i dont doubt the rat ?  Duclairs toe dragged on the ice while in the collision it honestly looked like the rat tried to avoid him. Hands were high but he was turning and it was at a good speed. Total accident here....... as rats dont have eyes in the backs of their heads......or do they :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shocker that he was a healthy scratch when Boston played Chicago. Not only is he a cheapshot artist and reckless player, but he lacks the cojones to take his lumps from Chicago. Not that they have many players willing to make him pay. I could see Toews trying to fight him though.

Cassidy said he got injured on that play - he's day-to-day and it's unclear if he will be able to play tomorrow.  Boston also ended up losing the game.  

18 hours ago, khay said:

• Lack of remorse

Sean Avery never did, some people are just not right in the head and never change for the better.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Marchand ate some really bad cheese, and it affected his brain?  :o

Maybe Marchand is just a nut job. League has to have at least one or two at all times. Kinda like bad news, it draws more eyes and attention on tv than good news. Couple bad eggs to stir the masses, keep them tuned in. I am onto you Bettman, with your fake news. "Quick, the fans are mad about Goalie interference being a gong show, tell Marchand to 'protect himself' tonight"

Just another example of how dirty Marchand is.

And another example of how the NHL keeps letting him get away with it.

If that had been Burrows who leaped up to hit a player in the head (which appeared to leave blood on the ice) and incidentally caused a knee injury he would have been suspended for the rest of the season. They would have said he had plenty of time to just avoid the contact all together and instead chose the predatory option of leaping into the guy's head. Marchand, like some other favored players on favored teams, gets to keep playing by a different set of rules and it's not only unfair, it's dangerous.

Archived