The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand injures Duclair

Everytime I see these types of collisions the first thing that comes to mind is it's time for International Ice, it's just going to continue to happen and probably get worse with players still getting faster and stronger, NHL/ Owners and GM's need to come to an agreement for the future of their players.

The more I see this the more furious I get.  While the situation was accidental (ie. no premeditated), it looks like he went out of his way to hit Duclair, their path wasn't set for collision.

Apparently Marchand missed today's game against the Hawks due to an 'upper body injury'.  Guy was just fearing retrobution.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The more I see this the more furious I get.  While the situation was accidental (ie. no premeditated), it looks like he went out of his way to hit Duclair, their path wasn't set for collision.

Apparently Marchand missed today's game against the Hawks due to an 'upper body injury'.  Guy was just fearing retrobution.

The guy plays like he's had a concussion his entire life.  Pretty impressive he's made it this far without a pair of balls or a functioning brain.

Either the NHL or a player needs to end this gutless piece of garbage's career sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

He always denies any intent, I call BS. 

You've cried wolf for too long, douchebag.

I wish the NHL would 2x his suspension length every time he injures someone.

Not enough.  

Johansson is still out with a concussion - that was 22 games ago.

Marchand has put up 19 points in the 15 games he has played since.  

38 minutes ago, mll said:

Not enough.  

Johansson is still out with a concussion - that was 22 games ago.

Marchand has put up 19 points in the 15 games he has played since.  

At this point the NHL is opening themselves up for a negligence lawsuit in the event he ends someone's career.  Any responsible league would have given this coward a lifetime ban by now.

Definitely a purposeful act by the Rat to clothesline Duclair.  Considering the result is an injury to Duclair, Marchand should get the rest of the regular season and the first 7 games of the playoffs.  While he’s on suspension the Rat should have to be a speed bump in the local Walmart parking lot.  How long before some vigilante justice ends the Rat’s ratting?

Like others, at first it didn't look so bad to me in real time.  We say he had all the time in the world, but in fact with it sped up to true speed he didn't have a ton.

What bothers me about this is the purposeful act of putting his hands out like that, at the last moment, which could result in nothing OTHER than clotheslining Duclair.  If it was any other player, I would say that he maybe didn't realize until the last moment, and then put his hands out too high by accident.  But knowing Marchand as we all do, I'd say with almost certainty that this was on purpose and he knew exactly what he was doing.

That's fine... he will get off Scott free, or another slap on the wrist and will be out there in no time - ready to intentionally injure someone else.

17 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Anyone that thinks this was an accident, I have a bridge to sell them.

Anyone with at least half a brain knows this wasn't an accident.

Unfortunately I don't think if you put all the heads together from NHL hockey ops and DoPS you would get half a brain.

Archived