The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Henrik Sedin STILL HAS IT! Now he's averaging 2.5 million a goal this year. First tally in 56 games. I respect them, but want them gone badly. They couldn't do this on a regular basis, especially against competent teams.

LOL @ Garrett looking so happy after the win. 7 Game losing streak must of got to him.

It's too bad beating the Hawks doesen't mean what it used to mean. The Sabres just scored 5 on them and beat them too.

THey are truly pathetic.

"have"

9 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Especially for a game that had the intensity of a pre-season game. :lol:

Edgar, I'm surprised you saw it like that, I didn't. I thought we played with a bit of fire in that game - even Edler and Tanev were on the prowl looking to add to the score line.

Speaking of Tanev - does the guy LIKE pain. I watched him take at least 5 hits against the Hawks and 4 of them were easily avoidable. The coach really needs to have a word with him. Any player has to do his best to avoid taking a hit - there is no way he could go through a Playoff series playing like that.

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Jake's hit on Keith

jv18-keith.gif?w=654&h=586

This hit alone is worth a good contract extension... This is what we've been missing for ages...

I was an Ehlers fan, but man does this feel good.

Bet you a lot of team mates will be happy to see this as well. Thank you JV

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nice to see respect from a guy you played against all those years.  

Just my opinion but does anyone else think the Sedins had one of their better games BECAUSE Chicago didn't "go physical" on them and instead allowed them to play. This season I have noticed most teams just push and check the Twins in order to break their cycle play. Chicago obviously didn't get the memo.

9 hours ago, riffraff said:

His game appears to improve each night.  He still turns the puck over but it's magnified, imo, because he's a young skilled guy.  He is not the only Canuck to turn pucks over.

flipside is he can make some elite plays and score.  I'd like to see him start next year with a quality offensive line mate.

Ya, that's important, quality line mates with finish.  He is showing some great vision.

51 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This hit alone is worth a good contract extension... This is what we've been missing for ages...

Just how big is Jake?  The Canucks website has him at 229.  I think that's updated after the weigh ins at camp every year.  Hockey DB has him at 229 too but Eliteprospects lists him at 207 and Wikipedia has him at 208

I'm no longer worried about the pudgy Jake fwiw

4 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Just how big is Jake?  The Canucks website has him at 229.  I think that's updated after the weigh ins at camp every year.  Hockey DB has him at 229 too but Eliteprospects lists him at 207 and Wikipedia has him at 208

I'm no longer worried about the pudgy Jake fwiw

I find that none of the websites accurately reflect a player's weight. Jake's weight is somewhere in between all that. I distinctly remember multiple commentators mention this year that Jake is playing at about 215lbs.

11 hours ago, petmar74 said:

Losing looks good on Chicago!

They're a beaten down animal now; hardly any satisfaction winning over a team almost as bad as ours in my opinion.

The Blackhawks and their fans can at least remember better times when they look up to the rafters of their building and see 3 recent Stanley Cup banners. Us? Well, we've got a whole bunch of Northwest Division title banners, and we can fantasize about a bright future sooner than they can I suppose.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Keith played over 10 minutes in the first period and a game high 24 for Chicago but after that hit his shifts were shorter and he was a non-factor and coughed up a number of pucks.   THIS sort of play is why you wait for a Virtanen to emerge.   Few guys can hit like this and have speed to be able to move up and down your line up.   If his shooting percentage could get remotely close to something "average", he will also get you 20 to 25 goals if you give him regular minutes.

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bo scores his 20th of the season, to equal last year's total, in 25 less games. If he hadn't gotten

injured he could have had a shot at a 30 goal season. Imagine what he'll be able to do

once Petterson, Dahlen, Gaudette, and Lind get here and not to mention a more seasoned

Brock for a full year. With more goal support and better talent on his wings, is a 30g/30a

coming up in near future?He just keeps getting better.

He’s on pace for 30/30 over a full 82 this year. As long as Sutter is on the team to take on the defensive centre role, Bo has a shot at 30 goals

Archived