The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Viking clap.. Our new cheer?

Jme646

That would be awesome if it became a thing for the Canucks. It sounded amazing on TV, but that was also probably because of the full arena and all the hype on the Sedins. Although I think it would be cool if people tried it at least every game. It's better than the "woo!" after goal announcements.

With Pettersson coming in as well, we got some more Swedish star power on its way. Viking chant should become tradition.

Do it half way through the game (I say not at 22 or 33 minute mark, as most fans are not in their seats by that time from the intermission).

It's easy to coordinate, as long as you have Johny Canuck / Fin split on the screen. With Johny Canuck getting everyone into place and letting them know it is time, and fin beating the drum (with a mic ofc) and us fans clapping away.

Regardless, I'd love to see it again during the Sedins Jersey Retirement.

I’m glad someone started this thread. I would be ecstatic if this became a Canucks home game thing. After they announce our starting lineup, and periodically throughout the game. It’s honestly what our arena has been missing for a long time, that atmosphere. Te best part is even non fans can do it and be a part of it.

its a neat idea... we don't have anything thats "ours" since everyone else in the NHL is using the white towel waving. Its origin here would be in a Sedin tribute so seems perfect.

If the team goes for re-branding next year, and there's every reason they should now, focused around the Johnny Canuck theme this could actually be a thing. 

It would need a specific time tho since its very coordinated... i like the symbolism of @Scottish⑦Canuck 22 & 33 min, but starting the 3rd with it is good too. 

Archived