The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Sikhguy23 said:

We need someone to find his grades from high school, specifically English. Might be a huge bust if he got anything lower then an A. I wonder if Jimbo looks at these things

Oh its important. Jimbo had a private investigator  look back to quinn's grade one year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sikhguy23 said:

We need someone to find his grades from high school, specifically English. Might be a huge bust if he got anything lower then an A. I wonder if Jimbo looks at these things

Maybe Quinn’s clearly better English language skills is why JB chose him over Boqvist?  

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Quinn’s clearly better English language skills is why JB chose him over Boqvist?  

All about the english alf. Screw his skating or overall hockey iq. It's about the the English-speaking skills.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Isam said:

All about the english alf. Screw his skating or overall hockey iq. It's about the the English-speaking skills.

I read somewhere Quinn scored over 1200 on his SATs.  Why he wasn’t drafted ahead of Dahlin is actually shocking.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Isam said:

An epic battle is happening of how to spell cat or something. Lol. Somehow grammar is related to the development of Hughes as a hockey player. The last couple pages had me in stitches. 

Bruhhh don't you know that spelling a players name correctly has a profound impact on their development? ;););)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, zimmy said:

As someone working in the educational field, I take some offence to your stereotypical view of school teachers etc. even as I genuinely enjoy your takes and creative word play.

You don’t have to malign a proud profession to make your point. Most of us understand what you are doing and aren’t here to put red X’s at the top of your page.

Let’s keep it light and respectful!

I got a bit overzealous in my response. Apologies.  

• Cheers 3

55 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Sorry. Rough day at the office.  I really don’t like grammar police... 

Your reply was bizarre because my comment had nothing to do with grammar. My comment had to do with you intentionally misspelling a players name over and over.

Not sure how you suddenly call that the grammar police. But whatever floats your boat. :)

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

What about pronunciation? I have serious worries that Benning might be setting our guys back. Gadjovich had an injury plagued season after the whole Yonah/Jonah thing. And it’s taken Guillaume Brisebois several years to recover from JB’s butchering of his name at the draft (and several times since). ;) 

I guess the conclusion is that the Canucks and all of our prospects are totally f$cked ;) 

Edited by Bovechkin
  • Haha 1