The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

So rather than focus on a misspelling, why not consider the content of my post. 

Why would one bother to read the content if the poster won't even spell a name right? In the real world, if one of the people I supervise submitted a document to me and there were spelling errors, it would just go back to them without me reviewing it. If they continued to show they cannot spell correctly, I would assign them some more mundane work. A person has no credibility when they can't even spell correctly. Simple concept.

If it was a one off then fine. But you do it on purpose to annoy people and then you say it was auto correct or some other weird excuse. 

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I have no idea what you posted other than the wrong name again.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Seriously.... My prespective is ‘lessened’ cause I mispell a name

So not that I need credibility from you, but what part of my take on AB is not credible?  

Yes. And apparently other posters agree.

36 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

it's hard to take you seriously when the name you're "misspelling" (I find it hard to believe you don't also pronounce the "m" when you say or think his name, which makes it more than a misspelling) appears in every single post you quote, and therefore presumably read, spelled correctly. 

edit: maybe it would help you get his name right if you didn't come up with cheesy nicknames like "bomber."

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I like they way you spell Bomquist.  It’s kinda like Gagme for Gagner; it’s funny!  I think Boqvist does have a very high likelihood of bombing.  It makes perfect sense to spell his name Bomquist.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

it's hard to take you seriously when the name you're "misspelling" (I find it hard to believe you don't also pronounce the "m" when you say or think his name, which makes it more than a misspelling) appears in every single post you quote, and therefore presumably read, spelled correctly. 

edit: maybe it would help you get his name right if you didn't come up with cheesy nicknames like "bomber."

The guy has a bomb of a shot.  It’s a compliment. 

The love for a guy whom will playing for a rival is quite astounding. 

Gee whiz I just don’t know how to handle a poster who cares more about spelling and nick names than the content or POV. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

So your a school teacher who has an inferiority complex?  Mrs Crabapple, I finished high school years ago and don’t give a $&!#. 

This isn’t my day job.  In that job I could give two &^@#s if someone can spell or not.  I don’t worry about petty $&!# like that.  Whether they can perform in emergencies and make correct assessments, act calmly in chaotic scenes is far more

impotant than spellchecking. I can get an app for that. I deal with real world people and issues. 

So you know, correcting others grammar/spelling is a petty act of weak people who are  insecure about their own intellect.  Anyone who would disregard or disparage another on such petty, arbitrary  and meaningless grounds is a fool. 

Your work sounds mundane and just for reference, I am not your employee, those poor &^@#ers that have to work for someone such as yourself have my sympathies.

I have little use for people who act superior to others for only that sake.  Lucky for me that I don’t have to waste my time with the likes of you and others of your ilk on a daily basis. 

This forum is something I do for fun and if tightasses like yourself can’t handle a misspelt word, go see your therapist.  

FYI, you don’t know me at all and don’t infer knowledge when you clearly lack insight. 

BTW there are forums on spelling and grammar for displaced school teachers, librarians and such.  Please feel free to share your enlightening opinions on the proper use of comas, adjectives, spelling and verb tenses.  I think it’s called GrammarNazi/Police.com. 

I didn't read this. :)

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

So your a school teacher who has an inferiority complex?  Mrs Crabapple, I finished high school years ago and don’t give a $&!#. 

This isn’t my day job.  In that job I could give two &^@#s if someone can spell or not.  I don’t worry about petty $&!# like that.  Whether they can perform in emergencies and make correct assessments, act calmly in chaotic scenes is far more

impotant than spellchecking. I can get an app for that. I deal with real world people and issues. 

So you know, correcting others grammar/spelling is a petty act of weak people who are  insecure about their own intellect.  Anyone who would disregard or disparage another on such petty, arbitrary  and meaningless grounds is a fool. 

Your work sounds mundane and just for reference, I am not your employee, those poor &^@#ers that have to work for someone such as yourself have my sympathies.

I have little use for people who act superior to others for only that sake.  Lucky for me that I don’t have to waste my time with the likes of you and others of your ilk on a daily basis. 

This forum is something I do for fun and if tightasses like yourself can’t handle a misspelt word, go see your therapist.  

FYI, you don’t know me at all and don’t infer knowledge when you clearly lack insight. 

BTW there are forums on spelling and grammar for displaced school teachers, librarians and such.  Please feel free to share your enlightening opinions on the proper use of comas, adjectives, spelling and verb tenses.  I think it’s called GrammarNazi/Police.com. 

I loved this!  Had to quote it, so we could all read it twice.  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why would one bother to read the content if the poster won't even spell a name right? In the real world, if one of the people I supervise submitted a document to me and there were spelling errors, it would just go back to them without me reviewing it. If they continued to show they cannot spell correctly, I would assign them some more mundane work. A person has no credibility when they can't even spell correctly. Simple concept.

If it was a one off then fine. But you do it on purpose to annoy people and then you say it was auto correct or some other weird excuse. 

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I have no idea what you posted other than the wrong name again.

My god are you a monkey

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Sounds like a great place to work..... for??

I used to think some people on this board were idiots. Now I think it might be almost everyone. I hope it’s not representative of our society as a whole, but it sounds about right. 

Also, in regards to the Boqvist comment: luckily dyslexia shouldn’t hamper his ability to read a play, and bringing it up is pretty irrelevant. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If the people you supervise are a bunch of third graders then yeah spelling over content. Otherwise yikes! A supervisor needs to have good communication with the employees and I dont think being a sourpuss about spelling would achieve that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I know what you mean though, it totally irks me when people can't spell properly or use correct grammar..   

like for instance when you forgot to use a hyphen in one-off and didn't put a comma in that same sentence, separating the 'if' segment from the 'then' segment... 

simply preposterous...

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Boqvist has bustaroo potential because he is a very soft player.  Hughes plays with bite.  Size is not the issue.  

My choice was to go with Boqvist, until Hughes (who I believe is the best player in this draft) fell into our laps.  I see Boqvist having the next highest ceiling to Hughes, but he has the highest bustaroo potential too.  Boqvist could be a 50 Point guy, or another Philip Larsen. 

You’re severely underrating Dahlin, he’s an absolute stud. 

• Haha 1