The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

GM Interview Question "Jack, you seem a bit tired today - a bit nervous and that kept you up?"

Jack to GM "Nah, not nervous.   It was your daughter that kept me up after your wife was finally asleep"

That would get him to fall in the draft.    

Tacky comment. You’re better than that Rob.

Is Quinn as talented as Jack? Would he have gone 1 or 2 if he was a forward? I have said since the lottery last year! Rasmus is not the best offensive defenseman in the draft. In my mind (still has to be played out) Quinn will be a high point producing defenseman and the highest to come out of the 2018 draft as he was already playing with men!. And in todays NHL his skating could be something that makes 6 other teams wonder why they didn't take Quinn. Detroit is going to be the team that regrets it the most, because they had their eye on him! We currently do not have a defenseman that can skate backwards walking the line on the power play creating open ice and different looks! Going forward Quinn probably could step right into the NHL! Wait until March! he step in and help with a play-off push? And if he does, would you want to be the team facing the Canucks in the first round? Don't get me wrong to me the 11 game stretch is going to bite them. But man have the Canucks been decent especially if you take that stretch out. (clearly injury related results) And I am proud of management for not letting the kids use excuses! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Is Quinn as talented as Jack? Would he have gone 1 or 2 if he was a forward? I have said since the lottery last year! Rasmus is not the best offensive defenseman in the draft. In my mind (still has to be played out) Quinn will be a high point producing defenseman and the highest to come out of the 2018 draft as he was already playing with men!. And in todays NHL his skating could be something that makes 6 other teams wonder why they didn't take Quinn. Detroit is going to be the team that regrets it the most, because they had their eye on him! We currently do not have a defenseman that can skate backwards walking the line on the power play creating open ice and different looks! Going forward Quinn probably could step right into the NHL! Wait until March! he step in and help with a play-off push? And if he does, would you want to be the team facing the Canucks in the first round? Don't get me wrong to me the 11 game stretch is going to bite them. But man have the Canucks been decent especially if you take that stretch out. (clearly injury related results) And I am proud of management for not letting the kids use excuses! 

Read this in Billy Mays' voice 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Just listened to his 650 interview. Stoked he feels so ready and has some swagger. Boy, does he ever sound kinda meh, tho, every time he's asked about the Nucks. 

Interesting you think that. I watched the draft and the difference in the reaction of his brothers was apparent. What it means can be translated in different ways though.

Luke: "Tough luck bro'"

Although the only teams he may have wanted more could have been Chicago or the Oilers. I'd imagine he would have felt playing with McDavid in a Canadian market would have been cool, who knows? Every kid will have a favourite but it's not like Toronto were even close.

Jack: "You lucky guy, getting to play with Pettersson." or "You were never going to Toronto so you may as well make the best of it"

Having said that, joking aside he actually seemed to be elated in the interview and his Mom and Dad looked really happy.

z77vxDR.png

lpL9KzE.png

Edited by alfstonker

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So we're doing this now...

By this you mean micro analyzing his every syllable, facial expression and fragment of body language? To speculate/obsess about whether it means he is going to make the wildly implausible choice of refusing to play for us? But of course, this is CDC.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Cheers 3
  • Haha 1