The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, cory40 said:

He is already at the weight many said EP would need to get too to play here.

Yes... But I think a forward tends to get more of a pass.  Gaudreau comes to mind in that regard.

As a defenseman he cant allow himself to get shrugged off the puck in a defensive situation.  

Luckily, he plays like Stetcher in the fact his positioning and skill is high enough that he rarely needs to.

30 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Trust is a lot higher now that we have some good picks under our belt.

Also, CDC is more educated than 3 & 4 years ago. People, CDC, the market, and not just Vancouver have seen smaller players thrive, display skill, score, make plays. They have seen we do, in fact, need D and talent on D. Similarly, have seen guys like "I wont trade him for ten 1st round picks'' Luke Schenn fail. Where small players like Pastrnak are killing it! Many of the old prejudices, except with Burke, stuck in his old school days, have been dispelled...

So people are much more open to the selections being made.

We can concentrate on speed and skill first & foremost!

Truculence, we need more damn truculence in the league......I need a new tie..

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Are we now tree huggers? 

:lol:

I aint butt hurt Tram left. WD didn't play him after he proved he was one of the best players on the ice. He worked his tail off and jumped through the hoops asked of him and still never got a chance to step up when our D we injured. 

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Omg funny

Babylon 5 OP show

Someones gotta tell Jimbo to find a new barber and to stop dying his hair.  His hair looked good his 1st few years. Now it looks like he cuts his own hair with his toes

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I aint butt hurt Tram left. WD didn't play him after he proved he was one of the best players on the ice. He worked his tail off and jumped through the hoops asked of him and still never got a chance to step up when our D we injured. 

I feel like CDC needs the same talk I gave my kids when their dog ran off. 

It'd start off with me taking them out for ice cream and sitting them down... “okay you know, he’s gone. And there’s a good chance he’ll never come back. There’s a good chance that if he ever does come back he won’t be the same. That’s just life. It happens.”

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Yes... But I think a forward tends to get more of a pass.  Gaudreau comes to mind in that regard.

As a defenseman he cant allow himself to get shrugged off the puck in a defensive situation.  

Luckily, he plays like Stetcher in the fact his positioning and skill is high enough that he rarely needs to.

Hughes doesn't get shrugged of many pucks or he wouldn't have been in the 1st round or playing at the WC.

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I feel like CDC needs the same talk I gave my kids when they’re dog ran off. 

It'd start off with me taking them out for ice cream and sitting them down... “okay you know, he’s gone. And there’s a good chance he’ll never come back. There’s a good chance that if he ever does come back he won’t be the same. That’s just life. It happens.”

This is true. Though I still think there is a pretty good chance he will be back. He's not a dog. He can speak for himself and he hasn't expressed otherwise. He's currently under contract. We will see. My money is also on Valeri Nishkabob coming back to Dallas. Some of these Russian kids need more time to leave mother Russias bosom. 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I listened to the 1040 & 650 interviews. And the media scrum. Man does he ever sound mature. That really struck me, he sounds so confident but not cocky. He's smart, he understands the work, he's considerate. I'm super excited after listening to that and I was already excited.

I think he's a consideration to make the team next year. You talk about draftees needing development. We just drafted him hours ago and I think he could step in tomorrow and be at least a good player on our AHL team. 

Another good pick. This is so exciting. Our powerplay will have him, brock boeser and Elias pettersson... Forget about it. Great night for our franchise! Now we just need Jack next year. 

No, Jack Hughes would make the Canucks a powerhouse.  They've got the makings of a real core now.  Unlike what they had in 2009.  I'm not calling them a championship team, there is much work left to do but they have a better and more balanced base than the 2011 team had

• Upvote 2