The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

“We are very excited to add one of the WHL’s elite :bigblush: puck-moving defencemen in Jett to our lineup,” said Hitmen general manager Jeff Chynoweth in a statement.

“He is an impact player at both ends of the ice and will be a tremendous complement to our existing group. We would also like to thank both Ryder and Vladislav for their time in Calgary and wish them success moving forward with the Warriors.”

• Upvote 1

Cool...

I guess he'll need a billet...just thinking about putting my name in the pot...on his off days, he can practice on the lake after the zamboni cleans it off...lol

Will be taking in some Hitmen games this coming season

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:36 PM, The 5th Line said:

Which part?  If we want to keep close eyes on our guys, knowing one of the coaches would help, and I'm sure Juolevi had an easier time adapting to pro life in Finland compared to how Woo would.

Woo has things to hone, this can be done with a 9 game stint, maybe a small injury and a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL, back to the CHL just before the WJC which he is a team leader in redeeming Canada and off to the Calder cup.  

Don't think we need to move Woo to Finland just yet. 

Added to this, thought a bunch of Posters consider OJ a flop, missed puck etc...   so why would Salo and Finland improve Woo's development?  Hmmmm?  

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Woo has things to hone, this can be done with a 9 game stint, maybe a small injury and a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL, back to the CHL just before the WJC which he is a team leader in redeeming Canada and off to the Calder cup.  

Don't think we need to move Woo to Finland just yet. 

Added to this, thought a bunch of Posters consider OJ a flop, missed puck etc...   so why would Salo and Finland improve Woo's development?  Hmmmm?  

Because those posters are morons

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I haven’t seen Woo play only highlights but I have a feeling he’s like an Ed Jovanovski type player but with a right handed shot . Which is great imo and much needed.

Can’t wait for the “Woos” at Rogers arena. Hopefully September preseason the “Wooos” begin.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Upvote 2

On 5/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, The 5th Line said:

I don't know, maybe we should.  I'm just saying there is still lots he could learn in Junior.  

Juolevi went there, came back and still couldn't crack our crappy defense.  How much development did he really get over there?  There was a 15 year old who debuted in the SM Liga this year.  

Who was the player?

Also, if that was used to undermine the league quality, Liiga is probably a top 5 league in the world. Juolevi developed quite a bit there as he was playing top minutes come playoff time.

He didn't make the team out of camp, so what? Do I wish a top 5 pick would be on the team already? Of course. He was on track to be up by Christmas and got unlucky with injuries, he'll make the team this year.

Playing big minutes in Utica as the #1 D versus playing on the bottom pair in the NHL potentially had a lot to do with him not making the team out of camp as well.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:42 PM, The 5th Line said:

I don't know, maybe we should.  I'm just saying there is still lots he could learn in Junior.  

Juolevi went there, came back and still couldn't crack our crappy defense.  How much development did he really get over there?  There was a 15 year old who debuted in the SM Liga this year.  

You need to get a ticket and come to Europe and watch some hockey.   Look what MH did with Dallas this year and yet he was not being played as much as OJ in the playoffs last year.   This isn't pond hockey over here.    To compare junior hockey to either the Swedish of Finish elite leagues is farcical.

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Kasper Simontaival this year was 16, Mikko Kokkonen was 15 a few years back.  I hear you, I'm just saying not every CHL player needs to be shipped over to Europe. 

if Juolevi is as good as people here say he is, well I'm sorry but he played pro in his draft +2 and still couldn't make this defence in his draft +3 so he's either not as good as I'm being told or the development in Finland didn't make that much of a difference. 

It's kind of hard for someone to make the team when they are out with an injury. He would have definitely been on the team if he didn't get injured. Maybe think a little before posting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

He would of definitely been on the team, because CDC says so.  That's legit and credible, no doubt..  I think so hard before I post it hurts sometimes. 

Benning had pretty much eluded to the fact that Juolevi would have been up mid way through the season if he hadn't been injured. But yeah, keep up with the dumb posts and prove to everyone else that you have no credibility.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

He would of definitely been on the team, because CDC says so.  That's legit and credible, no doubt..  I think so hard before I post it hurts sometimes. 

I think Woo needs at least another year of Junior (then likely a year or two in Utica) before he makes our team.  Yes, he's very good already, but his physical game is something that he will need to adjust when playing men.  

• Upvote 2

What is the CDC consensus of Woos future AHL or stay in the Juniors. 

I dont know what to think as I have zero confidence in the Comets Staff and for him staying in the Juniors he will dominate but it’s playing against boys.

I wish AV was the Comets coach as he did wonders with the Moose that made up alot of the Canuck core back in the day.

anywho I like Woo Alot . when he’s a Canuck in the future it would awesome imo if he wore #2 wooo!!!

• Upvote 1