The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 - Line-Up - Trades to come ?

Caniners77

On 28/06/2018 at 9:39 PM, EdgarM said:

You are right we all want the same thing but I cannot see how tearing your team down such as what Edmonton, Arizona and Buffalo do year in and year out can spell success. 

You have to admit, the odds of ALL of these players magically succeeding at the same time is a bit of a gamble. Just like any prospect is a gamble they will make it as a regular in the NHL. Yet...…..your idea of getting rid of already established NHL hockey players to gamble yet again on more prospects, then we are already getting with are own picks, seems a bit of overkill on ONE aspect of player acquisition. 

All of this while the league plays with a cap system in which every team must abide by. That is what evens the teams out in the end. Just look at these teams that are wondering how they are going to sign all of their acquired stars under a cap system. Then look at these teams that never spend to the cap. There's a bit of a pattern here in which these teams that dump their good players every year also never spend to the cap.

Getting good prospects is fine, but hanging them out to dry like the above mentioned teams do year in and year out, cannot spell success by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

If they're first round picks. Absolutely take it  look what the isles got even with pick #11 and 12. Also is it really a gamble with Benning drafting? I'd like to leverage the fact that we have better scouting than we had in the past and acquire more picks. If it was a previous regime in place I'd agree with you that an established player is prlly better but why not leverage our advantage? 

Edmonton is an example of $&!# management. It doesn't apply to us unless you believe our mgmt group us dumb enough to trade a hall for Larson, an Eberle for reinhart or to sign a lucid to a huge deal and wreck the teM. 

I've said it before. I'll say it again. If you let Edmonton define for you what a tear down rebuild means in absolute certainty, they've already won. Crafting our world view around them will do more damage to us than anything messier has because we're neglecting a viable option . There have been successful elite teams constructed by top 3 picks. Established players may sound nice but if ours are at an age where they won't be useful once our core becomes elite why not recoup them now? You can still sign established ufas in the offseason  (beagle) and rinse and repeat

The benefits of winning in garbage time when we are out of playoff contention for morale (and playoff teams frankly wont give a $&!# about playing us) and allowing ourselves to thump our chests saying "we aren't tanking like edmonton"! Doesn't outweigh the potential benefit of those extra picks and a chance at getting more elite players on Benning at the draft table. At least for me.

....and this doesn't mean telling telling the kids to lose. Fight every damn night.  But manage the roster and time moving your assets to maximize value. 

I see the lines this minute as... 1 Baertschi  Horvat  Boeser    2.Eriksson Granlund Pettersson  3 Leipsic Sutter Virtanen  4 Ganger Gaudette Goldobin

1 Hutton Tanev  2 Edler Stetcher 3 Del Zotto Pouliot.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Eriksson - Gagner - Pettersson

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Leipsic - Gaudette - Beagle

Goldobin

Edler - Stecher

MDZ - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Hutton

Markstrom 

Nilsson

This is a bad lineup. Assuming they bring in Beagle which is fine, its already a logjam before adding Roussell to the mix. Plus the logjam they already have on the backend. And Gagner can't be the 2C. They need to make a trade after free agency, they just have too.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎24 at 2:14 PM, erkayloomeh said:

I don't see a fit for gagne on this team. 

Is he worth anything on the market?  

I don't think goldobin will be good enough 

No I doubt he has any value Gagner maybe some GM gives a 4/5th.

Goldy is an enigma. He is still such a boy. Some people mature slower than others. I feel he will probably break out once he is traded and/or waived take the Grabner route to the NHL.  

Gratuitous roster shot

Baertschi Bo Boeser

Pete Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Gaud Goldy

Loui Granlund Gagner

Edler Gud

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Stetcher

Juolevi* Pouliot/Biega

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Eriksson - Gagner - Pettersson

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Leipsic - Gaudette - Beagle

Goldobin

Edler - Stecher

MDZ - Tanev

Pouliot - Gudbranson

Hutton

Markstrom 

Nilsson

This is a bad lineup. Assuming they bring in Beagle which is fine, its already a logjam before adding Roussell to the mix. Plus the logjam they already have on the backend. And Gagner can't be the 2C. They need to make a trade after free agency, they just have too.

How about Riley Nash as a 2nd/3rd C? Then swap Gagner with Leipsic

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

How about Riley Nash as a 2nd/3rd C? Then swap Gagner with Leipsic

I know he just scored 40 points but is he really alot better than Sutter? I wouldn't mind bringing him in but at what price, if its 4 years around 4 million I would stay away myself. And I agree Gagner is definitely better on the wing.

Baertchi - Horvat - Boeser

Eriksson - Gagner/Granlund - Pettersson

Leipsic/Goldobin - Sutter - Virtanen

Schaller - Beagle - Roussel

Gaudette

Edler - Gudbransson

Hughes - Tanev

MDZ/Hutton - Stecher

Juolevi - Pouliot

Markstrom

Demko

Any players seperated by a slash needs one player traded.

Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Leipsic - Beagle - Granlund

Ganger, Schaller

Gaunce and Gaudette to Utica to work on his offense in a top 6 role. Dahlin in Utica with some call ups to replace middle 6 injuries. Motte in Utica. Hopefully Ganger traded, but who knows, maybe he has a bounce back year.

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Pouliot

Joulevi in Utica playing meaningful minutes and Hughes in college or Utica. No need to rush players at this point. 

Markstrom 

Nilsson

Demko gets call up for injuries.

Imagine how different this lineup looks IF EP thrives at C.

Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson

Schaller - Beagle - Gagner

Leipsic, Gaunce, Gaudette

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Del Zotto Stetcher

Pouliot, Juolevi

Markstrom

Nilsson 

Demko

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Imagine how different this lineup looks IF EP thrives at C.

Goldobin - Pettersson - Eriksson

Schaller - Beagle - Gagner

Leipsic, Gaunce, Gaudette

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Del Zotto Stetcher

Pouliot, Juolevi

Markstrom

Nilsson 

Demko

Plus if Gaudette proves he is ready by February, Mgmt could seriously consider moving Sutter at the trade deadline for a big return (I could see getting a late first round pick at that time of year). 

Looks like Utica could have a pretty good team this year as well.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser             

Petterson-Sutter-Eriksson
Roussell-Beagle-Virtanen
Schaller-Gaudette-Granlund

Leipsic

Edler-Stecher

Juolevi/Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Del Zotto-Pouliot

There is our lineup as of today I think.  Benning specifically mentioned Gaudette helping with scoring this year, so I think he is pencilled in and not bound for Utica.
L and R hand centres on 2nd and 4th lines.
Sutter/Eriksson and Beagle/Granlund as PK pairings... maybe Petterson gets to centre a 2nd unit PP to start getting some minutes in that position.

Gagner, Motte, Archibald, Goldobin, Biega are the odd men out as of the moment it would seem.  Hopefully we can get something for a couple of them, not sure if anyone gets picked up on waivers for sure.  Goldobin and Motte could "maybe" be snuck through at the end of training camp when all teams are trying to trim rosters.

Lineup to start the season

Granlund - Sutter - Gagner

Eriksson - Beagle - Pettersson

Roussel - Schaller - Virtanen

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hughes - Tanev

Pouliot

Markstrom

Nilsson

Pettersson will eventually move up in the lineup. My guess is Hutton, Goldobin and/or Gaunce, could be traded. 

With Beagle, Roussel, and Schaller, we have a bit of a log-jam at forward. Trade #1 - Hutton, Gaunce and Gagner for picks. Trade #2 - Sutter, Leipsic plus one of picks received in Trade 1 for Jakob Silferberg (need top 6 RW). Sign Hughes and Virtanen. Expect that one of Dahlen or Gaudette make the team. 
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/embed/766533

Baer            Horvat           Boeser

Roussel     Pettersson     Eriksson

Sutter           Beagle         Virtanen

Leipsic        Gaunce         Granlund

Schaller    ( Goldy) ?

Edler    Tanev

Guddy   Hutton

Stecher   Pouliot

Hughes 

Gagner,  Biega and Del Zotto get Waived.

All of the kids go to Utica .

Gaudette, Juolevi, Motte, Dahlen, Lind..........

Will Juolevi even be ready for camp?

Will Schaller be ready?

Baertschi  Horvat  Boeser

Leipsic  Sutter  Eriksson

Roussel  Beagle  Virtanen

Pettersson  Schaller  Granlund

Gagner

Edler  Tanev

Del Zotto  Gudbranson

Pouliout  Stecher

Hutton  Biega

Markstom

Nilsson

AHL via Waivers:  Gaunce, Boucher, Archibald, Kero, Sautner, McEneny

Trade:  Goldobin (6th or 7th round pick?)

AHL waivers exempt:  Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Demko, Dahlen, Motte, and more

You'd think the addition of 3 depth players would make me feel better, but it doesn't.  It just reminds me of how much of a hole we're in.  As the kids develop, the Canucks better not be afraid to put some big money on the waiver wire because that's the only way those contracts are leaving the team.

Archived