The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

3 minutes ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

I don't know who you're referring to there. I did have a previous account, ashlynnbrookefan. Solid argument back though. I now know there is no debating with you and will leave it at that. 

Oh yeah I remember that guy too :lol:

Yeaaaaah...you'll get no argument from me. That would be a HUGE waste of my time :lol:

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Oh yeah I remember that guy too :lol:

Yeaaaaah...you'll get no argument from me. That would be a HUGE waste of my time :lol:

It would. Arguing with anyone on here is. Healthy debate is good for everyone, as long as both parties know what's going on. I know you don't though so I will no longer attempt that with you. Good thing there's lots of other posters who are aware on here. Enjoy the draft son!!

I'm a Jim benning fan but if he doesn't do anything this draft...I have to say Canucks have to bring in a pres like Burke cause it shows Jim can't trade....I've watched the trade deadline every year and watch him do almost nothing and same goes for the draft.....I want Zegras so bad and please no Barrie need a big right hand D. He'll bring in Lucic if he comes with picks....just do something. 

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm a Jim benning fan but if he doesn't do anything this draft...I have to say Canucks have to bring in a pres like Burke cause it shows Jim can't trade....I've watched the trade deadline every year and watch him do almost nothing and same goes for the draft.....I want Zegras so bad and please no Barrie need a big right hand D. He'll bring in Lucic if he comes with picks....just do something. 

They're picking at #10 and it's unlikely zegras is there, best find peace with that.  I doubt we'll see a trade.......it's not the deadline, they have the summer.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

They're picking at #10 and it's unlikely zegras is there, best find peace with that.  I doubt we'll see a trade.......it's not the deadline, they have the summer.

I get that he might gone...but Jim never bites the built and makes a trade...his biggest trade was kesler and he forced a trade...your not tired of seeing nothing happen? 

Most rebuilding teams take bad contracts for picks or move vets and sign free agents.....not Jim though

11 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I get that he might gone...but Jim never bites the built and makes a trade...his biggest trade was kesler and he forced a trade...your not tired of seeing nothing happen? 

Most rebuilding teams take bad contracts for picks or move vets and sign free agents.....not Jim though

Not even remotely.  This is the best shape, with regard to prospects, that this org has ever been in........and they don't have the assets to make a big trade, imo.

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

What if ownership doesn't allow him to?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not even remotely.  This is the best shape, with regard to prospects, that this org has ever been in........and they don't have the assets to make a big trade, imo.

I agree we have never had a prospect pool this good....I'm not saying go out and make a huge splash I just mean add another second or get lucky and add a late first and we may lack assets but we have cap space...

So after some scrambling, here's my ranking (not mock draft).

Lots of places (10-12, 13-17, 20-25, 26+) where its just groups, then going on preference within them. But here it is. Don't expect the draft to look anything like this.

1. Jack Hughes

2. Kappo Kakko

3. Bowen Byram

4. Kirby Dach

5. Alex Turcotte

6. Dylan Cozens

7. Matthew Boldy

8. Vasili Podkolzin

9. Cole Caufield

10. Peyton Krebs

11. Alex Newhook

12. Victor Soderstrom