The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Gaudette looks like he may be able to translate to the NHL but consistanting time will tell.   Boeser yup.  But less yup compared to last season.   Madden guess we will see

Stay in school lad and learn to write full sentences using actual words.  ::D

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Asset Management HIPPY.   Depth defenseman   seriously he is an AHLer for the rest of his career.  Beiga can skate circles around him and that says a lot    The depth of prospects?????   Utica Comets are not flush with top prospects by any means, you guys that covet all these players that are under contract of the canucks fail to see that not one single player down there is knocking the socks off anyone.    I'm fairly confident that if Bearstchi and Virtanen were healthy they would have been on the block.    This team is still bottom 5 ya sure Petey, love the guy, Boeser, ya he is a player, Joulievi not so much, Virtanen is what he is and its not much on a team like ours, sure he is a fit on a contending team at or near the cap for a fringe 3rd and 4rth liner at best with it only being his current contract that would entice.    Leivo and Leipsic same old dumpster diving projects that only service the purpose of having a full roster.   Hughes I hope translates to the NHL but that remains to be seen.     Gaunce is the only one down there that can surely step into the lineup and not be a RISK.

If you aren't a leaf fan you should be

9 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

I don't look at the scoreboard as that's pointless.   The team still has the same issues it had 5 years ago.  Defense full of holes cant score same old same old.    Still icing reclamation projects.   Still signing pi$$ poor contracts, still carrying contracts and salary of players no longer in the system, still putting hopes on players to return (tryamkin).  Still having a management group that continues to make errors in judgement with player values.   I can go on and on.    Facts are this, the team should be getting top notch draftees considering they are a cellar dweller for 5 years in a row.    Still not a fan of this group of guys running the show.    We have a solid scout in SWEDEN that's a for sure, and many of the rest of the scouts haven't changed much.     

You are really out to lunch carrying salaries from Lou that was traded what three GM's ago lol

On 2/25/2019 at 12:53 AM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Soderstrom is definitely worthy of top-10 consideration. No question about it. 

No. Disagree herb. He is a good skater, with a decent shot and good iq, but to put him in the top ten would be a stretch. He is difinetly in that 12 to 15 range though.

23 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Jack Hughes

Kaapo Kakko

Bowen Byram

Alex Turcotte

Trevor Zegras

Vasili Podkolzin

Victor Soderstrom

Pavel Dorofeyev

Peyton Krebs

Dylan Cozens

Villie Heinola

Matthew Boldy

Alex Newhook

Bobby Brink

Kirby Dach

Really strong top 15 IMO. Would love to get anyone in that top 10.

Interesting that you got heinola in your top 15. What is your read on him? I got york in my top 15 cuz he plays alot like ty smith. 

Warming up to nils hoglander in the second or third round. Him and brayden tracey would be nice grabs. Of course the kelowna d of thomson and korckzak and finish d kokkonen  would be nice also. Thrun would be a great grab in third or fourth round. The only issue with him is he has to work a bit on his skating, but the overall package is there. 

• Upvote 1

Really liking the way this draft is shaping up. To bad Edler wouldn't waive or we'd have another first to play with. I wonder what would need to be added to trade Sutter for a 1st?

Sutter (40%retained) +2nd +Granlund for Puljujarvi+1st+Manning?

Draft BPA but we need better LW and RD in the system. Brink and/or Soderstrom would be huge for us.

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

So stoked we kept the second highest number of draft picks in the NHL going into this years draft.  That was one of the most positive things i got from this years deadline. 

We have two extra 6th round picks... not that big of a deal.

Personally I think we should be trading some older pieces this offseason for top picks. Then sign a UFA or three. Myers and Dzingel (or Nelson) ideally, and then an older guy like Williams who can be traded at the deadline.

Tanev for a 1st at deadline

Sutter for a 2nd

Pearson for a 2nd

Granlund for a 4th

Schaller for a 5th

Goldy-Pettersson-Boeser

Dzingel-Horvat-Williams

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Spooner                              Utica call-ups- MacEwen, Gaunce, Lind, Jasek

Edler-Myers

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Tanev

Sautner-Schenn                 Utica call-ups- Juolevi, Brisebois, Chatfield

23 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Shaping up to be a very interesting draft. Clear consensus top 2 but after that its basically wide open until the 15ish range

personally, I don't think the order of the top two is a done deal.  I wish Hughes was healthy for the WJHC because Kakko was significantly better, but it's impossible to judge because JH was injured.

It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up, It's our year to get lucky and move up

If I we say it enough times maybe it will come true.. 

17 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sutter (40%retained) +2nd +Granlund for Puljujarvi+1st+Manning?

Oilers laugh and hang up.... Chia isn't there anymore :p  

I would be onboard though if it happened 

• Haha 2