The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is the Current Ownership Failing this Team?

Dungass

14 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Linden stepped away because he wasnt for one I'm sorry an effective President who wanted more personnel influence. He had a different vision then Benning and the owner. So how was he betrayed or treated poorly?

Speculation. nobody knows, thus nobody knows.

It is all guess work.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember that last couple weeks before this draft.  I changed daily the player I hoped we would get.  I’m super duper happy we got Quinn Hughes.  I wonder how much TL had to do with us getting all these super good young players?  

Hughes might be an okay dman, but a Norris trophy guy? He is really small and this is still a big man's game in the playoffs. I am not sure Linden was too much in on small players, he had played in the cup finals and knows the sh*t storm that happens whereas Benning was pushed/cut from the league for being too small at 6'. Hard to be sure though as small players can work for the regular season games and they have usually already finished growing for a couple of years where bigger players sometimes keep growing until 21 yrs old.

So can anyone tell me why Benning said I’d like to go up in the video at the draft? Was he set to trade that pick for a vet? He keeps wanting to accelerate the rebuild, when shortcuts tend to set it back. Teams that have a plan and stick to it are reaping the rewards. Getting young players into the lineup is going to be difficult, and requires trades and/or waiving young players. People say we don’t expect to make the playoffs, but floods the line up with vets. I’m very confused by the plan, cause I don’t even know what it is. Rebuilding teams get young players in the lineup, they don’t give them away.

4 minutes ago, Watchincanucks said:

So can anyone tell me why Benning said I’d like to go up in the video at the draft? Was he set to trade that pick for a vet? He keeps wanting to accelerate the rebuild, when shortcuts tend to set it back. Teams that have a plan and stick to it are reaping the rewards. Getting young players into the lineup is going to be difficult, and requires trades and/or waiving young players. People say we don’t expect to make the playoffs, but floods the line up with vets. I’m very confused by the plan, cause I don’t even know what it is. Rebuilding teams get young players in the lineup, they don’t give them away.

The team has a great prospect pool and is in good cap shape.  We’re likely to see Pettersson, Juolevi, Gaudette and Demko as true impact rookies this season.  

The plan seems to be working.  Isn’t that what matters?

22 minutes ago, Watchincanucks said:

Well when you have the 7th pick you don’t say I’d like to go up, unless that pick was being traded. You just go up!

LOL.  that's a silly assumption W.

I'd like to go up if it's Hughes.  If it's Zadina, you go ahead.

I think you're outsmarting yourself here. 

The assumption the pick was being traded, and for what purpose, it pretty daft imo.

17 minutes ago, Watchincanucks said:

So in what other scenario do you not go up?

I honestly don't think your micro-focus on 'going up' matters much, and I'm not even sure you know what he meant by that, certainly not enough to make drama out of it.

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This!

Thankyou, this is getting insane. Backstabbing, betrayal, fan confidence shaken ? what in the hell are we talking about.

The media are taken this and running with it, I mean JB comes out and says nothing changing we are going to continue bringing in youth. 

Media question veteran signings as wrong and will ruin youth development when the same people scream that Vancouver has to surround youth with veterans or suffer Edmontons fate.

No matter what way you slice it the Canucks are getting ripped and why?

Benning said the team has cap if they thought Playoffs would have pushed for a veteran scorer, but hes willing to be patient and develop young guys. But this is a problem ?

Linden stepped away because he wasnt for one I'm sorry an effective President who wanted more personnel influence. He had a different vision then Benning and the owner. So how was he betrayed or treated poorly?

The owner references other teams with youth reaching the Playoffs, he gets ripped for somehow voicing a different vision then what others perceive lol.

Sorry Linden is gone, the team is fine. Zero issues here.

Is this a serious post or are you joking?

The team has lost huge in its management team.   Trevor leaving will leave a gigantic hole in the Canuck Organization. 

FA needs to step back and let real hockey people run this club. 

3 hours ago, Watchincanucks said:

What does this post have to do with Canucks are you attacking me personally calling me a liar? No substance to this post what so ever.

I thought you were making a post about yourself as you seem to alternative arguing with yourself and posting the exact opposite a few hours later.

Sorry bro, you are a tough one to figure out and have any form of discussion with as you are all over the map.    Are you sure you are not more than one person trapped in there?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

LOL.  that's a silly assumption W.

I'd like to go up if it's Hughes.  If it's Zadina, you go ahead.

I think you're outsmarting yourself here. 

The assumption the pick was being traded, and for what purpose, it pretty daft imo.

It's nice to know he can outsmart someone here

2 hours ago, Watchincanucks said:

So can anyone tell me why Benning keeps wanting to accelerate the rebuild?

Do you mean by keeping all his first round picks?    By having the best pool of prospects likely in Canuck history?   By not trading emerging prospects for older established players?  

All those moves above sure make him seem like a guy trying to do a rebuild as slow as possible - at least to anyone who follows the game.   Your conclusion is based upon exactly what?    

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I thought you were making a post about yourself as you seem to alternative arguing with yourself and posting the exact opposite a few hours later.

Sorry bro, you are a tough one to figure out and have any form of discussion with as you are all over the map.    Are you sure you are not more than one person trapped in there?

In case you have not figured it out, I want our young players in the lineup. I don’t see how that happens without injuries. So now you know, go back and show me how I’m inconsistent in my message. Oh I like Hughes but if there is one rookie I don’t think is ready it’s him. But if he made the team would not be upset, nor do I want to rush him. Every other rookie is developed in other leagues and don’t need to play in AHL. If we finish in 31st place I’d rather do it with 3,4 or 5 rookies in the lineup, not 1.

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Do you mean by keeping all his first round picks?    By having the best pool of prospects likely in Canuck history?   By not trading emerging prospects for older established players?  

All those moves above sure make him seem like a guy trying to do a rebuild as slow as possible - at least to anyone who follows the game.   Your conclusion is based upon exactly what?    

Wow edit what I said much? You call me a liar then change what I said. Just scroll back and look at what I actually said 2 hours ago.

Archived