The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Place the blame where it belongs: Travis Green

MikeBossy

13 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Basically what this thread title is. Putting all the blame on Green and nobody else. Karen, Kurt (the producer) Botch and I think one more person were telling him he was wrong. And in David Pratt fashion he was YELLING over the logical co hosts and disagreeing like a entitled man baby we all know he is. Just shocking that the station keeps him around as he tries his best to be the next coming of Neil McRae (I didn’t like him either but Pratt idols his bad guy take on sports). 

When Botch is one of the comparative voices of reason....:wacko::picard:

Time to change the station.

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

When Botch is one of the comparative voices of reason....:wacko::picard:

Time to change the station.

Problem is that 650 isn’t that much better. James and Perry are pretty bad to listen to as well. Rick Dhaliwal is the only reason to listen to that show as he is as good as Vintage Canuck on here. Someone needs to make a podcast to have a real take on sports then most of the talking heads on the airwaves. Until then it’s pick your poison.

542C0D1E-420A-425A-9F39-4F0792FD00B1.gif

1 minute ago, EP Phone Home said:

Problem is that 650 isn’t that much better. James and Perry are pretty bad to listen to as well. Rick Dhaliwal is the only reason to listen to that show as he is as good as Vintage Canuck on here. Someone needs to make a podcast to have a real take on sports then most of the talking heads on the airwaves. Until then it’s pick your poison.

Agreed on the 650 morning show. Listening to those three try to bark over each other about stupid crap is PAINFUL. I generally listen to the update, the guest and then change the station. 

I'm not sure what's so difficult about putting together a competent morning show with out idiots screaming over each other but holy hell...

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

They were talking about this on Sportsnet 650 yesterday. Evidently replays are a LOT harder to come by in 'have not'/USA arenas compared to Canada. 

I have little doubt that by the time the coaching staff actually saw what happened, Baer/Horvat had already scored giving us the lead and Green attempted to maintain his composure/not incite his bench/win the game.

Not to mention, I don't think any arena is going to replay a dirty hit and an injury over and over on the big screen

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

That's the one I was referring to. He said "I still was trying to get it on may iPad, to see what happened" - "And we score the next shift to take the lead" Crucially he didn't say he couldn't/didn't see what happened on the iPad.

Further on as if to justify himself he says.

"A lot of our guys still weren't aware of what happened"

"A lot of our guys didn't know till after the game and didn't really see it"

"And we had to find it on our iPads and look for it and obviously we have the screen and iPads" "and the players don't"

That is a pretty accurate transcript and if you go and listen to Green he sounds flustered AND he sounds almost guilty. As I say at no time does he say he didn't find it and at no time does he say NONE of the players knew what happened. I can only assume he told some of them but in what context I don't know.

There has certainly been something said to Green imo. He looks defensive and a bit timid. I have never seen him looking so cowed and on the back foot. Listen to the latest interview. He is trying to "chat" which is not like him.

He actually did say that no one on the ice saw it, and no one on the bench saw it. (I'm paraphrasing) he said that close to the beginning of the interview. He does contradict himself later when he says a lot of guys weren't aware what happened, so I don't know what to make of that.

As for Green being defensive, imo he's being wary and guarded because the press seemed to be trying to trick him into saying more about retaliation. I can't blame him for that, he obviously doesn't want to end up in the same situation that Crawford found himself in.

I'm not entirely convinced that Green was being completely honest with us, but then again I'm not sure that he's guilty either. The waters have certainly been muddied. But since it's still possible that the Canucks actually didn't know what happened, I've still decided to give them the benefit of the doubt this one time.

4 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

He actually did say that no one on the ice saw it, and no one on the bench saw it. (I'm paraphrasing) he said that close to the beginning of the interview. He does contradict himself later when he says a lot of guys weren't aware what happened, so I don't know what to make of that.

As for Green being defensive, imo he's being wary and guarded because the press seemed to be trying to trick him into saying more about retaliation. I can't blame him for that, he obviously doesn't want to end up in the same situation that Crawford found himself in.

I'm not entirely convinced that Green was being completely honest with us, but then again I'm not sure that he's guilty either. The waters have certainly been muddied. But since it's still possible that the Canucks actually didn't know what happened, I've still decided to give them the benefit of the doubt this one time.

I'm hoping TG develops an AV level smirk to give to the bottom feeding journalists when they ask ridiculous questions.  AV had a gift for absolutely belittling the "media" with one look and no words.

40 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Perhaps the real problem is that there doesn't need to be daily talk about the canucks on the radio. 

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

I have little doubt that by the time the coaching staff actually saw what happened, Baer/Horvat had already scored giving us the lead and Green attempted to maintain his composure/not incite his bench/win the game.

Do you think that I move like this could potentially be damaging to the trust that Green has fostered in the dressing room? I mean, if Green discovered that the play was dirty while the game was still on, and didn't reveal what he saw so they could stay focused on the game... I imagine some of the players could feel betrayed that he took away the opportunity for them to stick up for Pettersson.

9 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Do you think that I move like this could potentially be damaging to the trust that Green has fostered in the dressing room? I mean, if Green discovered that the play was dirty while the game was still on, and didn't reveal what he saw so they could stay focused on the game... I imagine some of the players could feel betrayed that he took away the opportunity for them to stick up for Pettersson.

Doubt it.

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm hoping TG develops an AV level smirk to give to the bottom feeding journalists when they ask ridiculous questions.  AV had a gift for absolutely belittling the "media" with one look and no words.

image.jpeg.464b6060d980ab75f02f406f45087386.jpeg

AV's response to Fiddler's Bieksa impression was priceless.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not sure if anyone is catching his facial reactions whenever he is forced to Jeff Patterson’s questions but he doesn’t look too happy whenever he hears the squeaky JPat raise his voice.

1 hour ago, Sweathog said:

Players want to win

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Some of the players must've seen it. And if they didn't, they weren't doing their job. (watching out for Elias) IMO, Green instructed the players not to retaliate because they had a chance to win the game.

Players job = play hockey.

Your job (fan) = watch Elias (or whomever else you'd like) .

9 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I highly doubt that anyone really wants Matheson or any of the other Panthers  seriously injured over this. It's more about the Canucks actually responding (getting in a fight or mixing it up in a scrum) that's the issue.

I dont think we wanted to seriously injure moore either but $&!# happens when emotions get the better of you, (also I dont think it was bertuzzi's fault) lets just play and let him get suspended, and worry about EP instead of revenge or blaming someone

Archived