The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Jets, Fortress Dusk Edition, Thursday, Oct 18th, 2018 5 PM PST SNV

Qwags

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can see why his nickname was "alien" back in Sweden. He just thinks the game on another level. He's making plays out there most veterans could never do. Amazing talent, were very lucky to have him. And the shot he has for a skinny kid, wow, imagine him with 10 extra pounds of muscle on him in a year or two.  

I'm not sure if the muscle would positively impact his shot.

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Petterson come back built like Boeser.

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Heck, I'd be happy if he came back built like Goldobin. ;)

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he clearly doesn't need it for his shot. I think he comes back better prepared for douchy plays. 

I think you guys are overestimating just a tad how much muscle can be put on in 7-10 days:lol:

28 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

10lb isn't much for a guy who's 6'2". Not to mention he's still growing into his body and well below an ideal weight of 185lb or so (IMO). 

You'd be surprised. I'm 6'2" and the 10lb of difference between 185 and 195 has a pretty big effect on my body/strength/stamina.

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Your sarcasm meter is clearly broken, 'Nuck.

Well see, it used to work on this site... then I started taking completely nonsensical comments as sarcasm when in fact they were literal; and now I've overcompensated 

At least I'm starting to remember some of you guys by name, so hopefully it starts to work again :lol:

11 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

You'd be surprised. I'm 6'2" and the 10lb of difference between 185 and 195 has a pretty big effect on my body/strength/stamina.

I’m 5’9 and at one point last year I hit 193 and dropped 20 pounds since. Holy crap I feel so much better and I can jog a whole lap at track without stopping. I feel my ideal weight should be 160-165 but those damn drive thru’s make it hard to get there. 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he clearly doesn't need it for his shot. I think he comes back better prepared for douchy plays. 

I think so too.  He'll be much more aware of the players on the ice and not put himself into sticky situations

4 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

I’m 5’9 and at one point last year I hit 193 and dropped 20 pounds since. Holy crap I feel so much better and I can jog a whole lap at track without stopping. I feel my ideal weight should be 160-165 but those damn drive thru’s make it hard to get there. 

I've actually.managed to achieve my ideal weight of 200lbs on a 6'4" frame...only problem is, I'm 5'10".:wacko:

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think so too.  He'll be much more aware of the players on the ice and not put himself into sticky situations

hopefully. But sometimes there isn't much you can do, look at Gaudreau getting rocked in the head by McAvoy yesterday, not sure what little Johnny can do to protect himself on that play. It'll be interesting to see what happens in that one, if anything. Its also interesting to hear Peters say he didn't see it.

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

But this is because your body fat % probably went from 20% to 15% (just random #s, you may be in much better shape). 

Much different than going from 175lb to 185lb while maintaining BF%

Archived