The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Auston Matthews to miss at least 4 weeks

Really?

Toronto is just fine.  Unfortunately.

They have Tavares & people have mentioned Kadri?  But Patrick Marleau is a more sure bet HHOF than Tavares & is a natural pivot & played significant sections of career at centre.  

Their priority, as others have coughed and mentioned, should still be a defender. If that means moving Kapanen, now they have is value up is an easier sell. If it means Nylander, they have not done themselves any favours. 

Rumours suggest, I am sure its just spin out of TO, Nylander is being selfish and wants $8 mill.  He does not have Draisaitl, or even ( :wacko: compared to when he signed I mean ) Pastrnaks performance who makes $6.76.  A 5 or 6 year deal at $6.25  or $6.5 mill is what a 60 odd point forward is worth. Put it on the table, don't fuss. And let him rot if he does not take fair value.

Jeff Skinner scored 62 points, then followed it up with 44 and a strike shortened 24 points in 44 games. But signed a $5.75 mill x 6 deal. Nugent Hopkins, Eberle, Hall, and on and on and on. Guys who have scored 60 points before coming off their ELC years have always been worth $6 mill. Get it over with!

2 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Does this mean that Matthews is injury prone?  The Leafs had better get rid of him while his trade value is still high!

Well, if this keeps up he could become the next Salo of Tanev.

Found a reaction video of some of the folks at TSN to the news of AM's injury:

regards,  G.

6 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Wonder if the media would question about his weight or whether or not he will choose to play the rest of career in Switzerland instead. 

I wonder if the angry part of the Toronto fanbase is calling their team soft for not protecting their star players

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Too bad he's injured again this year.  It was fun watching the Leafs play. 

Great young team to watch for those of us who watch out of market hockey and not just the Canucks. 

This is the 3rd year in a row he'll miss significant time with injuries. 

This injury will put him out of the scoring race and as a hockey fan this is a significant loss for my entertainment.  

The scoring race and Matthews’ inclusion in it is a huge portion of your entertainment? Kinda sad actually.

don't feel one bit bad for them.

Matthews played for a fan base, (some of them) that kept on trolling the Pettersson situation.  Their very fanbase continued to take cheap jabs at Pettersson's overall conditioning because of the injury and most of them were very happy to see him go down.  Now their first born is out for for weeks, with harmless injury.  Karma and it's finest right there Torontonians.  how you like that?

16 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

The scoring race and Matthews’ inclusion in it is a huge portion of your entertainment? Kinda sad actually.

A scoring race between McDavid and Mathews going down to the wire would be very entertaining.  

Now that Mathews is injured I don't see that happening

What's sad is people being happy when one of the top hockey talents in the world gets injured.. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

A scoring race between McDavid and Mathews going down to the wire would be very entertaining.  

Now that Mathews is injured I don't see that happening

What's sad is people being happy when one of the top hockey talents in the world gets injured.. 

You say this as if I actually give a s*** he’s injured. I don’t wish nor celebrate injuries on anyone.

There’s no telling if Matthews could have even kept pace with McDavid anyway. To base “a large portion” of your entertainment on those two people specifically battling it out is setting yourself up to be disappointed anyway.

17 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You say this as if I actually give a s*** he’s injured. I don’t wish nor celebrate injuries on anyone.

There’s no telling if Matthews could have even kept pace with McDavid anyway. To base “a large portion” of your entertainment on those two people specifically battling it out is setting yourself up to be disappointed anyway.

Not a large part of my entertainment..  a significant part of my HOCKEY entertainment are the words I used. 

I also said " for those of us who watch out of market games ". 

I DID NOT say you are happy he's injured.  

Clearly you need to work on your  reading comprehension. 

You are in this thread talking about his injury. I can safely assume it's for entertainment purposes. Can't be for work.

I'd rather be entertained by watching him and other top tier players play instead of being entertained talking about their injuries. 

On 10/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Tough break for TOR, but like others here may feel, I have no sympathy for that team and fanbase (includes media). I hope Nylander really sticks it to them, maybe him and his agent blocking their calls lol. Yes, Gagner is already, sort of, with the Leafs organization. I'd loved to see a trade of some kind. 

I hope they trade that Nylander to a lowly franchise like the Panthers.

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

You don't watch other teams? You are missing out on some great players out there who yes are very entertaining.

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

You don't watch other teams? You are missing out on some great players out there who yes are very entertaining.

I do, I watch every game I can. Doesn’t matter who is scoring though. Entertaining hockey is entertaining. Don’t care who the final two scoring guys are and it not being Matthews vs McDavid doesn’t diminish my enjoyment of hockey and the scoring race.

Archived