The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duchene, Senators Players trash team, coach in Uber

HerrDrFunk

18 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Well Sort of. My boss is a really bad boss so I think I do have reasons to complain.  

You probably do.

I realized when reading this story that I haven't really complained about my boss in years, even though I've had 3 new ones since transferring to a new department. Part of me was thinking that it was simply because I had better bosses. That may be true, or maybe I'm just in a better place personally.

Might be time to make a change... ...I bet Matt Duchesne is thinking the same thing.

9 hours ago, ABNuck said:

I think this actually comes down to character...being a respectful, humble and thankful individual with morals and a backbone. It's sad to see this behaviour really. A few CDC'ers on here have mentioned that "everybody trashes the boss"...no, no they don't. I don't. I'm thankful to have a job that affords me the ability to feed and shelter my family and buy a few things and go on some vacations.

These guys get to play hockey for a career and get paid millions of dollars to do it FFS. I think a bit of thankfulness on their part would be the right call. Obviously they don't have the backbone or character to talk privately with the individuals they have a problem with...disgustingly passive aggressive if you ask me...and sadly pathetic. If Duch has had a problem for 3 weeks with how things are broken down and doesn't have the courage to talk to the head coach or GM about it well...I wouldn't trade him at all. I'd bury him in the minors. I actually campaigned for us to try and sign him as a UFA this summer...screw him! I hope he ends up in Anaheim and everybody forgets he's even in the NHL...ungrateful little puke...

That's a little too high horse of you. They're millionaires, they should be more respectful, blah blah.

Athletes are people too and share the same frustrations. Just because they are paid more doesn't mean that they are held to some higher moral standard.

All this does is reconfirm my distaste for technology and social media. Where people think it is ok to record anything and release it for public consumption.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So...the Sens gave up in one year Nov to Nov

Turris

1st 2019 non protected

3rd 2019

Bowers

Hammon

Phaneuf

DiDomenico

Brassard

Dunn

2018 3rd

Shore

KARLSSON

And have essentially traded half of those players they received in return nd will watch that cancer Duchene walk as a UFA to some sunny US market where he doesn't care come July.

Milbury is laughing somewhere in to the arms of Doug Maclean and Garth Snow about how the debate for who the worse GM was is now settled

You forgot "Trader" Phil Esposito, Hip, but I think Milbury still has the title.

That being said, John Muckler's decision to keep Wade Redden over Zdeno Chara has to earn him Honorable Mention....

11 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

At least they're polite and respectful to the driver... :gocan:

'Struth. Luckily they weren't a dime short....

11 hours ago, Stelar said:

Agreed, sure hope the waitress who was working our table last night wasn’t recording while we were talking about how our men’s league goalie $&!# the bed in our game last night. 

We do things a bit different up here in the great wet north...

...we talk about how the goalie crapped the bed with him present. "Don't worry about letting that one in, Mikey....It bounced three or four times before it got to you..."

34 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

....and Bert (aka "Grumpy") would know. He was famous (infamous?) for speaking his mind. One of my favorite Canuck stories was told by a beat reporter who traveled with the team:

When boarding the plane, Bertuzzi "sliced and diced" his teammates on his way to his seat near the back of the plane. When he got to Brendan Morrison, he said "And you...you're 23 and you're bald!"

After Bert was in his seat and things had gone quiet, a voice was heard from the front: "I'm 26 a$$hole"......

14 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I don’t blame the driver for leaking the tape. I blame the players for treating him like a deaf mute servant who wouldn’t talk about it.

Talking about it is one thing, but releasing a private conversation without their consent is another. Players are people. They are allowed to have problems with management and voice their frustrations in private. We hold players to too high of a standard, they are like us. Their team is playing poorly and they talked about the coaching staff, apparently, not being up to snuff in what should be considered a private situation. As is human nature. Uber driver is a piece of s*** for posting the video. Period.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Talking about it is one thing, but releasing a private conversation without their consent is another. Players are people. They are allowed to have problems with management and voice their frustrations in private. We hold players to too high of a standard, they are like us. Their team is playing poorly and they talked about the coaching staff, apparently, not being up to snuff in what should be considered a private situation. As is human nature. Uber driver is a piece of s*** for posting the video. Period.

They weren’t in private though.

27 minutes ago, xereau said:

Its the people that are really nice in private, don't ever say a bad word about others, encourage all around them, that make the best friends.

"What team do you guys play for?"

"Ottawa".

That right there is when he made up his mind that he was going to release all of this.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

They were. Just cause it's a cab/uber doesn't mean they are free to be recorded and have the video posted without their consent. Uber themselves said the posting of the video violates their TOS. LOL

Oh, a stranger’s car is a private place is your eyes?

Of course it’s against Uber’s TOS. Legally though, you can totally record someone without their knowledge in Arizona. So I’m sure whatever the Citizen paid for the tape will offset having his Uber account canceled.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, a stranger’s car is a private place is your eyes?

Of course it’s against Uber’s TOS. Legally though, you can totally record someone without their knowledge in Arizona. So I’m sure whatever the Citizen paid for the tape will offset having his Uber account canceled.

It is if it's Uber and I go in with the understanding what I said there won't be recorded then posted all over without my consent. Which is exactly why the video is being taken down and such by Uber themselves. You can twist the situation all you want to fit your narrative. The recording never should have been leaked by Uber, that's all there is to it. 

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

It is if it's Uber and I go in with the understanding what I said there won't be recorded then posted all over without my consent. Which is exactly why the video is being taken down and such by Uber themselves. You can twist the situation all you want to fit your narrative. The recording never should have been leaked by Uber, that's all there is to it. 

It wasn't leaked by Uber. It was leaked by a random guy who happened to be an Uber driver. A random Uber driver who they never should opened their mouths in front of like that. It's really simple.

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It wasn't leaked by Uber. It was leaked by a random guy who happened to be an Uber driver. A random Uber driver who they never should opened their mouths in front of like that. It's really simple.

no one told Duchene that dash cams can point inside too. 

Archived