The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers re-sign Mikko Koskinen

Will be interesting to see if the Oilers can find a suitor for Talbot.  Can't imagine there's a great deal of trade interest out there?

I could see the Blue Jackets having some interest if they end up dealing Bobrovsky but that deal would presumably involve a 3rd team since the Oilers have already signed Koskinen.  Maybe the Blackhawks?  As well as the Hurricanes have played, I can't see them being comfortable with carrying McElhinney and Mrazek down the stretch.  Maybe that's why there is some chatter around the Oilers and Hurricanes?  The Hurricanes have a pretty good cache of picks for 2019 so they might be a good trading partner.

The Islanders could have been a destination at the start of the season but Lehner and Greiss have been solid for them.  I can't see a Blues-Oilers swap for struggling goalies since the Oilers presumably will only want to keep one $4M+ goalie.

Whatever the case is, I can't see the market for Talbot yielding much of a return for the Oilers if there's even a deal to be made.

Archived