The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The SNC-Lavalin Scandal - Jody Wilson-Raybould Refuses to leave Office

DonLever

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

not a shocker after that letter she put out today basically blaming Trudeau for everything :lol: And Butts re-Buttal (get it?) information shows she wasn't giving the full picture even now.

Its too bad, but clearly not a team player. I'm sure Jagmeet is making the offer as we speak to join the NDP.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not a shocker after that letter she put out today basically blaming Trudeau for everything :lol: And Butts re-Buttal (get it?) information shows she wasn't giving the full picture even now.

Its too bad, but clearly not a team player. I'm sure Jagmeet is making the offer as we speak to join the NDP.

My favourite part is how when this all fell down 2 months ago or so, how she was Trudeaus lap dog, and how she was hiding stuff and wasn't fit to hold her position.  Now...she's a national hero, a treasure she can't do wrong.

I love love LOVE how hypocritical our political scene is

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lol.

Let me stay even though I stabbed you all in the back.  In an election year too.

:rolleyes:

If she really was trying to protect the Liberals, she could have expressed stern warnings to continue with the prosecution instead of DPA.  Perhaps hint that there may be a potential scandal if the PM changes course from what she had already decided when she was AG.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My favourite part is how when this all fell down 2 months ago or so, how she was Trudeaus lap dog, and how she was hiding stuff and wasn't fit to hold her position.  Now...she's a national hero, a treasure she can't do wrong.

I love love LOVE how hypocritical our political scene is

I guess that might have been the spin from the CPC but up to this whole ordeal I liked what she was doing. 

I think this all comes down to some major entitlement on her part, and some terrible mis-reading of the situation on Trudeau and Butts part,  but it is what it is. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

My guess is CPC... The NDP really doesnt stand a big chance in the next election and i dont think JWR is really in it for anyone other than herself (like the majority of politicians). So joining the NDP is really of no benefit to her. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess that might have been the spin from the CPC but up to this whole ordeal I liked what she was doing. 

I think this all comes down to some major entitlement on her part, and some terrible mis-reading of the situation on Trudeau and Butts part,  but it is what it is. 

What I am wondering is, judging by the Butts texts, there is a fair bit that she may have inadvertently or intentionally left out.  If that's the case than why?

Stromes gonna love this cause I'm actually at bat for Trudeau right now

Trudeau said this was about jobs.  SNC said it wasn't.  Until emails and conversations showed SNC said give us better treatment or we split the company and go to america.

Trudeau said it wasn't pressure on his part.  JWR said it was, until her conversation showed it wasn't him entirely but the PMO much like the Nigel wright issue

JWR said she released everything to exonerate herself, yet the Butts texts prove she didn't release everything and that some potential exonerating evidence for Trudeau exists that she didn't release on purpose.

Yet she STILL wanted to stay in the party and knew that the party would HAVE to remove her.  This is starting to look really bad on her part, even if she did have the best intentions, it is also looking less bad for Trudeau overall but the damage is done and he is as unelectable as Scheer or Singh in my eyes

Politics are fun

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What I am wondering is, judging by the Butts texts, there is a fair bit that she may have inadvertently or intentionally left out.  If that's the case than why?

Stromes gonna love this cause I'm actually at bat for Trudeau right now

Trudeau said this was about jobs.  SNC said it wasn't.  Until emails and conversations showed SNC said give us better treatment or we split the company and go to america.

Trudeau said it wasn't pressure on his part.  JWR said it was, until her conversation showed it wasn't him entirely but the PMO much like the Nigel wright issue

JWR said she released everything to exonerate herself, yet the Butts texts prove she didn't release everything and that some potential exonerating evidence for Trudeau exists that she didn't release on purpose.

Yet she STILL wanted to stay in the party and knew that the party would HAVE to remove her.  This is starting to look really bad on her part, even if she did have the best intentions, it is also looking less bad for Trudeau overall but the damage is done and he is as unelectable as Scheer or Singh in my eyes

Politics are fun

thats one word for it for sure.

The question to me is, does having difficult discussions with cabinet members equate to undue pressure? Isn't that the damn job? 

I don't see how any of this amounts to crossing the line, it gets pretty close, on both side of this. But JWR was told, even by her own account, that it was her call. A lot of people clearly wanted a better explanation out of her, but she was unwilling to do that. Was it ego? Was it something else? dunno

Let's remove party glasses for a bit.

JWR is a lawyer by trade that did something unethical with regards to her performance of her duties. Liberal or not, she has no business serving Canadians. She KNEW better - but she did it anyway. This is not some Gandhi non-violent protest. This was meant to protect herself (as she readily describes). Forget that she's a woman and a First nations person. None of that is a factor in why she has proven herself incompetent.

And I maintain that JT deserves responsibility for hiring her in the first place. She screwed the pooch for her political career - and possibly her personal one.

But, at the same time, I feel like this chaos makes Canadian politics so interesting. It's like watching a car crash.

Still waiting for VanGnome to whiteknight JWR.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats one word for it for sure.

The question to me is, does having difficult discussions with cabinet members equate to undue pressure? Isn't that the damn job? 

I don't see how any of this amounts to crossing the line, it gets pretty close, on both side of this. But JWR was told, even by her own account, that it was her call. A lot of people clearly wanted a better explanation out of her, but she was unwilling to do that. Was it ego? Was it something else? dunno

It absolutely does not matter at this point.  To the centrists and those on the right Trudeau did the unthinkable and is the absolute devil and the Liberals are standing by him so they're just as bad.

What she did was entirely unprofessional and has painted her entire party in such a negative light that regardless of the fact that Trudeau DID potentially try to save jobs and the fact he did nothing illegal at all and in fact the PMO was less ethically at risk than with Nigel Wrights issues

They are evil, they are wrong.  Look at what JWR exposed....

She screwed her whole party and it's starting to look like she was actually at least half wrong about it all

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Secretly recording phone calls.........

Time for this JWR to get the boot.  Very dishonourable thing to do. 

Finally, it took a long time,  but JWR has been kicked out of the Liberal Caucus.   Along with Jane Philpott,  Trudeau finally got the courage to remove them.  

JWR has been a cancer to the Liberal Party by dividing the party and possibly costing them the upcoming election.

It was either JWR or Trudeau.  One got to leave the Liberal Party.   With months away to the next election, the public have short memories and the Liberals have a better chance to win.

JWR has a big ego; it was about herself all the time.   Do any political party to want someone who is not a team player?   If she wants to re-run in the next election, her choices will be Independent, NDP, Green, or the Tories.   Hard to see her run for the Tories because of their poor record toward aboriginals.   Her political leanings are more in line with the NDP or the Greens.

Edited by DonLever
  • Upvote 3

Honestly this upcoming election scares me. Trudeau has shown himself to be a little soft and probably not the best leader for the Liberal party. However, I think he is the lesser of 3 evils vs Singh and Scheer, especially if the Donald gets elected down south for another 4 years.

One thing I respect Trudeau for is he will stand up to Trump whereas Andrew Scheer would be hand in hand with him in all likelihood. Yeah it is an assumption but a fair one in my view as their political stances align.

I tend to lean left politically but I wouldn't be opposed to voting Conservative if they had another leader, I would vote for Harper.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Honestly this upcoming election scares me. Trudeau has shown himself to be a little soft and probably not the best leader for the Liberal party. However, I think he is the lesser of 3 evils vs Singh and Scheer, especially if the Donald gets elected down south for another 4 years.

One thing I respect Trudeau for is he will stand up to Trump whereas Andrew Scheer would be hand in hand with him in all likelihood. Yeah it is an assumption but a fair one in my view as their political stances align.

I tend to lean left politically but I wouldn't be opposed to voting Conservative if they had another leader, I would vote for Harper.

It's too bad for the Cons that Rona Ambrose decided to pack it in. She probably would have beaten JT in 2015....now, she'd mop the floor with him.

Scheer is just smarmy enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...sort of an Adrian Dix 2.0....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, otherwise said:

I don't get how JT can think that kicking them out will somehow make me want to vote for his party-ever. But I'm a westerner so he probably doesn't care. Everything he says smacks of hypocrisy. 

Sorry but JT Kicking her out definately  has convinced me to support the Liberal party.

We need a strong leader like Justin T. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's too bad for the Cons that Rona Ambrose decided to pack it in. She probably would have beaten JT in 2015....now, she'd mop the floor with him.

Scheer is just smarmy enough to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...sort of an Adrian Dix 2.0....

I think thats true. 

You just can't make this stuff up :lol:  talk about a tough room for JT. 

Trudeau addresses young women in the House hours after turfing Wilson-Raybould, Philpott

Daughters of the Vote, run by Equal Voice Canada, works to get more women elected

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau could face a tough crowd when he delivers a speech to 338 young women later today — just hours after he expelled from the Liberal caucus two women who were members of his cabinet before resigning over the SNC-Lavalin affair.

The young women, representing every riding in Canada, are in town for the annual Daughters of the Vote summit.The event is organized by Equal Voice Canada, an organization working to get more women elected to all levels of political office across Canada.

A number of participants walked out during a speech by Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/daughters-of-the-vote-1.5082589

Have been reading Butt's texts over the course of this event and weighing them against what JWR has said and JWR's statements are starting to seriously not add up.  She was being gifted 2 plum positions as minister and turned both down.  She turned down the role of aboriginal affairs and Veterans affairs because she felt she deserved her seat when the facts are as MOJAG she was at best mediocre

it is also starting to look now as though the recorded conversation was intentionally lead to make Wernick and the PMO look as complicit as possible in the narrative she had created.

The texts are easily found and don't paint JWRs statements in a good light