The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February/March (24-02) 2019

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Kane jumps Chara from behind and has the total advantage in the fight and still gets destroyed.  Love it.  The refs should have not stepped in so Chara could have landed a few more shots for good measure...

It was a very serious beat-down.  Kane cowered as soon as Chara got his right hand free.  I know it's the refs' job to protect guys the best they can, but (in this case) just let Kane get destroyed.  

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Kane jumps Chara from behind and has the total advantage in the fight and still gets destroyed.  Love it.  The refs should have not stepped in so Chara could have landed a few more shots for good measure...

i think its about the elbow he received before.

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Zdeno Chara will not have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety for his hit on Evander Kane.

Don't you mean "hits"?B)

I'm anything but a Bruins fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Big Z feeding Kane knuckle sandwiches like they were Fritos....

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jake Gardiner and Travis Dermott are out week-to-week with back and shoulder injuries respectively.

Justin Holl, who spent 50-consecutive games on Robidas Island, and Martin Marincin will take their spots in the lineup against the Islanders.

Even Alex Biega, the almost perfect #7 d-man ( my opinion ) would have confidence issues after sitting for 50 games. The NHLPA should really stir the pot with TML. Frank Corrado was treated the same way. Two games, soon to be three, games at the 64 game game mark is pathetic. Corrado picked up an NHL paycheque and so does Holl, but TML have to be more sympathetic towards their fringe players.

17 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Even Alex Biega, the almost perfect #7 d-man ( my opinion ) would have confidence issues after sitting for 50 games. The NHLPA should really stir the pot with TML. Frank Corrado was treated the same way. Two games, soon to be three, games at the 64 game game mark is pathetic. Corrado picked up an NHL paycheque and so does Holl, but TML have to be more sympathetic towards their fringe players.

Not the only team to do it.  

Sbisa has only played 9 games this season.  Ty Rattie played only 4 games in 2016/17 for St-Louis before they finally put him on waivers in January.  Bitetto has not even played 100 games over 3.5 seasons in Nashville.  They finally put him on waivers this January.  

1 hour ago, mll said:

Not the only team to do it.  

Sbisa has only played 9 games this season.  Ty Rattie played only 4 games in 2016/17 for St-Louis before they finally put him on waivers in January.  Bitetto has not even played 100 games over 3.5 seasons in Nashville.  They finally put him on waivers this January.  

It must be extremely hard for a player to jeopardise an NHL payday by complaining. These are #7/ #8 d-men and #13/ #14 forwards, but I think that TML have treated Holl very poorly ! There must have been a handful of back to back games that would have been ideal times for him to play.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:14 AM, Alflives said:

What in the heck is wrong with the Sabres?  I just looked up their record, and they’re not much better than us!  They have a selection of high draft picks too.  Are they the Oilers from a few years ago?  Did they give too much to their young guys too soon?  I’m glad JB doesn’t give into pressure from fans/owner to play our young guys too soon.  

Wow I didn't realize they were already out or the playoff spot. Wasn't it just yesterday they were th top 3 in their division?

59 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Wow I didn't realize they were already out or the playoff spot. Wasn't it just yesterday they were th top 3 in their division?

That's what I thought!  We hear so much about how great all the young players are, that I just assumed their team was still top of the league.  When I noticed that they were falling into the bottom feeder spot, I wondered if they were giving their young guys too much too soon, like the Oilers did with their previous young guys.  I know we are terrible too, but we don't have all our top young guys up here yet.  I am hoping our young guys, when they're all together here, won't become the next Oiler or Sabre mess.  

Archived