The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

2 hours ago, stawns said:

they don't give a sh!t what you, I or the media morons think, that's why it's a solid rebuild so far.  They have a plan and have stuck to it.  It was never going to be a quick turnover

I understand that. I was responding to the gross understatement that they want to “reconfigure a bit”. I found that hilarious in the face of our dumpster fire of a D (one of the league’s worst by any metric you want to use). Yes, please, reconfigure away.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, Zhukini said:

Even if Pearson is buried on the fourth line, Guddy's decision making with the puck were costing the team far more than Pearsons will

Agreed. I am honestly wondering how long it takes til Crosby "Ballard's" Gudbranson for his lack of hockey sense. Maybe Malkin will do it?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I understand that. I was responding to the gross understatement that they want to “reconfigure a bit”. I found that hilarious in the face of our dumpster fire of a D (one of the league’s worst by any metric you want to use). Yes, please, reconfigure away.

I wouldn’t be crying if not a single D returned to the team honestly.

Stecher I would miss the most as he is the right age group and we would miss him more than any return we could get for him.  Ideally he is a 3r pairing guy who can move higher to cover for injuries... and not slotted in to play 28 minutes a night.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

you are on the pipe he is a 13th forward. that you slot in for emergency situations as filler only.  he throws muffins at the net and mostly into the goalies chest.  he got hyped up numbers playing with the sedins and has been the dog poop he is ever since 

Agree to disagree. At the time he was almost a 20 goal player, and now he plays a solid defensive game and kills penalties well. The fact that the one person who up voted this post is one of the premiere trolls of CDC, I'm A OK with having a different opinion then you.

56 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

#checkyoursarcasmmeter

#whatsasarcasm?

Because it's apparently totally fair to expect people are totally mind readers on sarcasm and can totally hear your sarcastic voice. :rolleyes:

How dare they not get your sarcastic words of sarcastic sarcasm!

(Pro tip: if you use sarcasm, make sure it's understood that it's sarcasm, otherwise it's going to sound literal. ;))

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

If Pearson and Spooner both get back to form we could have a pretty decent forward group once Virtanen returns. Still need another top 6 forward tho.

I actually hope they hold onto Spooner and see if this season was just an outlier.  If he can get back to form, it could be a big addition to the team

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Because it's apparently totally fair to expect people are totally mind readers on sarcasm and can totally hear your sarcastic voice. :rolleyes:

How dare they not get your sarcastic words of sarcastic sarcasm!

(Pro tip: if you use sarcasm, make sure it's understood that it's sarcasm, otherwise it's going to sound literal. ;))

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...or facetious...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

I wish Guddy the best. He was a stand up guy. Did his fair share for the community and had a pretty solid impact.

It's too bad he didn't work out here. 

Hopefully Pearson can flourish in our top 6. If he can, this will be a big win. 

Thumbs up for the creed pic dude and your post too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EastVanCanuck said:

Wait for the playoffs and see what happens.

Mmmm I don't know.. Carolina is on a roll right now.

They have extra motivation to make the playoffs since Don Cherry crapped all over them.

Would love to see Cherry's face if the Golden Boy Crosby misses the playoffs thanks to those "Bunch of Jerks in Carolina".

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

So, you are saying he can't think and he can't skate at an NHL level?  I tend to agree.  He is a powerful icer of the puck though, there is that.

Lol. I dont want to trash on the guy. He seems like a great guy and was a proud Canuck. I do question wether or not he puts the time in during the off season to improve his skating. 

• Cheers 1