The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Dude we have seen that Jeff Cowan can put up points w the Sedins. Linus Karlsson could do much of what Brock does and probably more given Brocks minutes. We saw Guiseppe do it. LOL Kuzzi isn't a 40 goal scorer those stats are so inflated. Pete's a great player we need to get him a Bertuzzi to get him some space and feed him the puck.

I'm not opposed to moving Boeser either. This isn't about Boeser .Don't think your picking up what I'm putting down. 

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not opposed to moving Boeser either. This isn't about Boeser .Don't think your picking up what I'm putting down. 

Oh I'm reading your mail. I just think you're hanging the wrong guy. Garland is a part of the solution not the problem. We need to get rid of the softies.  

People talk about size doesn't matter Tocchet's gonna coach team toughness. etc but then we want to get rid of the guy who exemplifies playing that way. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Oh I'm reading your mail. I just think you're hanging the wrong guy. Garland is a part of the solution not the problem. We need to get rid of the softies.  

People talk about size doesn't matter Tocchet's gonna coach team toughness. etc but then we want to get rid of the guy who exemplifies playing that way. 

As does Hoglander, at 1/4 the cap hit... That can be spent better elsewhere. It's nothing against Garland as we player. We just don't need two of them. Keep the younger, cheaper one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

As does Hoglander, at 1/4 the cap hit... That can be spent better elsewhere. It's nothing against Garland as we player. We just don't need two of them. Keep the younger, cheaper one.

If Hogs or Karlsson can get that 50 points like Garland usually does than yeah change it up. 

I'm dreaming that a 6 6" kid will come in in a couple of seasons and take that spot. 

:frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

One way or another, this is going to be a highly competitive training camp with the likes of Karlsson, Hoglander, Podkolzin, battling for spots on the roster. 

Let alone the competition for defense. 

Surely Podkolzin need to put it all together this season, maybe even a make of break season

would waiving Garland work? I mean would a team claim him???

Im doubtful, in which case we could recall him... he is an anhl calibre player, 

Its amazing how the game changes, 10-12  years ago, Gillis was ripping his hair out trying to get another "top 6 forward"  everyone wanted another top 6 forward, they were as hard to come by as right shot d men...if not more so 

19 hours ago, hammertime said:

Exactly 

Garland's got the right attitude that we need more of.  Beauvillier and Boeser are the softies that need to go. 

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If Hogs or Karlsson can get that 50 points like Garland usually does than yeah change it up. 

I'm dreaming that a 6 6" kid will come in in a couple of seasons and take that spot. 

:frantic:

Karlsson could turn into a gritty winger that we need more of. 

I hope that we see him or Hoglander really take the reigns and step up this year.  

6'6 kid is probably 4 years away, if it all works out. 

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Exactly 

Garland's got the right attitude that we need more of.  Beauvillier and Boeser are the softies that need to go. 

I'm not opposed to all three. You guys keep trying to make this Garland vs Boeser and Beau. It's not. Beau is gone after this season one way or another anyway. Boeser, may or may not be in long term plans depending on whether he rebounds. 

Garland or Hoglander (plus ~$3m in cap to allocate elsewhere) is the debate. We don't need both... and I'd easily keep the younger guy and the cap space.

11 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

would waiving Garland work? I mean would a team claim him???

Im doubtful, in which case we could recall him... he is an anhl calibre player, 

Its amazing how the game changes, 10-12  years ago, Gillis was ripping his hair out trying to get another "top 6 forward"  everyone wanted another top 6 forward, they were as hard to come by as right shot d men...if not more so 

Youre an idiot. they could trade him for another 5 mil player if they needed to.  "would a team claim him:" is why youre an idiot/

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm not opposed to all three. You guys keep trying to make this Garland vs Boeser and Beau. It's not. Beau is gone after this season one way or another anyway. Boeser, may or may not be in long term plans depending on whether he rebounds. 

Garland or Hoglander (plus ~$3m in cap to allocate elsewhere) is the debate. We don't need both... and I'd easily keep the younger guy and the cap space.

Can’t trade Garland though without retention and added sugar. Or we trade him for another equally bad contract. Boeser’s contract isn’t good either. 

19 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Surely Podkolzin need to put it all together this season, maybe even a make of break season

Podz Boeser Myers Garland Hogs add the back up goalie, whoever that is. 

Podz, if he can get back to 14 goals

Boeser, if is worth his contract

Myers will be auditioning to stay around and finish the season here

Garland, needs to be consistent and get his 50 plus

Hogs needs to prove he's a pro

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think it is a matter of these are three wingers that are somewhat redundant and disappointing at their cap hits while we need to move out some salary. Not hard to reach as to who we would prefer to move. 
I don’t think there is a situation that we see Brock come back after his contract. He has been overpaid, seems to have little value around the league and his contract ends when OEL’s cap penalty jumps and Lekkerimaki is probably coming over.  It also probably;h coincides with the timing we should see Raty and Klimovich starting as NHL regulars of it is going to happen. Probably also around the time Willander and EP are coming over. 
The strategy seems to be place holders next 2 years until this group of prospects has matured together then see if can work them in when we need cost controls the most because of cap recapture and EP/Hronek’s new deals kicking in. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think it is a matter of these are three wingers that are somewhat redundant and disappointing at their cap hits while we need to move out some salary. Not hard to reach as to who we would prefer to move. 
I don’t think there is a situation that we see Brock come back after his contract. He has been overpaid, seems to have little value around the league and his contract ends when OEL’s cap penalty jumps and Lekkerimaki is probably coming over.  It also probably;h coincides with the timing we should see Raty and Klimovich starting as NHL regulars of it is going to happen. Probably also around the time Willander and EP are coming over. 
The strategy seems to be place holders next 2 years until this group of prospects has matured together then see if can work them in when we need cost controls the most because of cap recapture and EP/Hronek’s new deals kicking in. 

I think it's entirely possible Boeser rebounds to a 25+goal guy under Tochett... Up to him if he actually does or not. And if he does, expiring and rising cap along with all those ELC players could mean we retain him. But again, I'm not opposed to moving all three out as we improve the team.

But I certainly keep Hoglander over Garland.

• Cheers 1

I'd love to see Karlsson come in and have a strong camp and cement himself as one of the first few forwards that would be considered to be called up.

I really like what I saw from Karlsson in the latter half of the year. Not just because he looked comfortable offensively, but he added grit and sandpaper to his game. Protecting the puck in down low board battles, getting to the front of the net, and getting under the opponents skin. He still needs to improve his acceleration and speed in his skating, but he has a very wide set stance and thick build despite being listed at 6'1''. He looks very stocky and strong on his skates, that I could see him making a living as a net front and board battle sort of player that complements the top end guys. He reminds me a lot of an Alex Killorn kind of player, jack of all trades, and makes a line work. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:10 PM, cripplereh said:

I want to see what we do with Karlsson.

Will he get a long look?

I'd be going to make the team?

If not he will want out is my bet.

Are we going to trade him plus to get something, or as part of a Myers deal?

I’ve been wondering the same things. My guess is he’s probably NHL ready, but is there a spot for him? Maybe if Beau or Garland is moved. I think Boeser is here to stay, until at least the deadline. If he doesn’t bounce back, I can see him being moved.