The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB has thrown away far too many assets - needs to be replaced as GM

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

It's a fact, not a walk-back.  Unlike you, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.  

Dude, if you'd only gone on about the inevitable dynasty in Toronto one time, it wouldn't be so comical, but it was such a thick theme with you that the walkback you're now doing is.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Dude, if you'd only gone on about the inevitable dynasty in Toronto one time, it wouldn't be so comical, but it was such a thick theme with you that the walkback you're now doing is.

Again.  I never said Toronto was going to be a dynasty, and I wouldn't say that they still can't become one.  

They're a very good team.  Tampa is even better and look at what happened to them.  Toronto losing to Boston doesn't make them a bad team or prevent them from having success this year.  Tampa getting swept doesn't prevent them from being one of the favourite teams to win it all this year.  

It's silly for Canuck fans to make fun of Toronto considering over the last 4 seasons, we've been the 2nd worst team in the league.  

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm not going to bother pulling up some of your Leafs pumping posts - people around here get sensitive and wounded when quotes are pulled from the past, as if that is some kind of taboo or unfair practice - but you and I both know better.

If you don't understand Canucks fans "making fun of Toronto" you really don't understand sports, rivalries, trash talk - let alone our birthright as Canucks fans.

I'm sure Toronto NEVER has trash talked us.  Remember when they threw all their Canadian support behind the Canucks in 2011?  Me either.  It was Bluejays or bust.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm sure Toronto NEVER has trash talked us.  Remember when they threw all their Canadian support behind the Canucks in 2011?  Me either.  It was Bluejays or bust.

It was nothing but envy through the contending years.

And then incessant trolling thereafter.  "Luongo still hasn't been traded" = Dreger hanging his head out a limo, yelling into the Leafaverse is pretty signature Toronto.

They had all the trash talk they receive coming.

And it's all in good fun. 

If they ever build a team that isn't a regular season wonder / pond-hockey fantasy, I'll be happy to kudos them.

Until then I don't envy Babcock his job.  They love to blame him - but the reality is that he's been operating without a 3rd pairing or 4th line - and they've been expecting playoff results.

It's hard not to make fun of that - it's up there with the Coiler dreams of contending with lottery picks and an unbuilt lineup.

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like at this point the Toronto hate is largely media envy (I say this as one such fan that hates Toronto for getting so much air time and coverage on TV). If we had half as much shine as Toronto on sports media I don't think people would pay that team any mind. There is no real rivalry with Toronto and Vancouver on the ice. When was the last time we met them in the playoffs? When was the last time we had a meaningful game played against them at all? There isn't enough of a team rivalry to hate them the way we do. We have more nice things to say about actual teams in our division/conference than we do for Toronto.

And in 2011 if I remember correctly nobody supported us in Canada. So to say we dislike Toronto cause they didn't support us in 2011 seems a bit nonfactual given nobody outside of BC really wanted us to succeed. 

23 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I feel like at this point the Toronto hate is largely media envy (I say this as one such fan that hates Toronto for getting so much air time and coverage on TV). If we had half as much shine as Toronto on sports media I don't think people would pay that team any mind. There is no real rivalry with Toronto and Vancouver on the ice. When was the last time we met them in the playoffs? When was the last time we had a meaningful game played against them at all? There isn't enough of a team rivalry to hate them the way we do. We have more nice things to say about actual teams in our division/conference than we do for Toronto.

And in 2011 if I remember correctly nobody supported us in Canada. So to say we dislike Toronto cause they didn't support us in 2011 seems a bit nonfactual given nobody outside of BC really wanted us to succeed. 

It's not media "envy"...it's more nausea.  

To be truthful, it's more fun if you hate a team.  There's passion involved, it makes it more meaningful.  We don't need Leaf apologists....we're within our hockey loving rights TO hate another team.   Other (Canadian) teams - whatever.   It's how it works. 

If you don't hate them, that's ok too.  Just don't give a bunch of redeeming qualities of theirs on a Canucks board and expect us to suddenly have a change of heart.  I do this deal on my own terms.  And, ftr, sometimes it happens...I no longer hate the Blackhawks.

But I am 99.9999% certain I'll always hate the Leafs.

Put it this way...if I saunter over to a Leafs board and start telling them about the wonderful Canucks, do you think I'll be welcomed with open arms?  Probably not..and I wouldn't expect to.  So I don't go there (without hand sanitizer).

(FTR, I hate most other teams...just that the Leafs and the Bruins are miles ahead on the list)

I actually hate the fact that a topic about JB turns into a Leaf love fest.  Shouldn't be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, Alflives said:

Their Toronto audience likes those guys bashing anything Vancouver.  The rest of Canada is jealous of our city, and climate.  Those goods on TSN make their money selling crap about us.  It’s sad actually.  

Yeah i had the displeasure of living in toronto for a year... it was horrible! Lots of cold, rude, arrogant people who are in overdrive mode... 

"Some" nice folks but only a few... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

There was Miller jumping in to protect rookie Stecher getting jumped a few years back. Or Kadri doing his usual Sedin head hunting garbage and Honey badger going apeshart. I don't think the team like's them all that much either :lol:

Gordie I hate the farking leaves <_<

On a positive note, I've taught my boys that the blue leaf team are to be referred to as the 'dirty, stink'n, rotten leafs' ::D

I'd actually started listed players/reasons why I hate them that was similar....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There was Miller jumping in to protect rookie Stecher getting jumped a few years back. Or Kadri doing his usual Sedin head hunting garbage and Honey badger going apeshart. I don't think the team like's them all that much either :lol:

Gordie I hate the farking leaves <_<

On a positive note, I've taught my boys that the blue leaf team are to be referred to as the 'dirty, stink'n, rotten leafs' ::D

I can't even recall those instances, outside the Kadri shenanigans. Two instances really doesn't make a rivalry. But I won't step in front of people hating whatever team they want. I dislike Toronto cause of the media. Lol. Just feel like the "rivalry" thing isn't factual. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I can't even recall those instances, outside the Kadri shenanigans. Two instances really doesn't make a rivalry. But I won't step in front of people hating whatever team they want. I dislike Toronto cause of the media. Lol. Just feel like the "rivalry" thing isn't factual. 

Plenty of reasons to dislike them. On the ice as noted, the media, the #proper rebuild... Why stop at one?! :lol:

Edited by aGENT

42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

It was nothing but envy through the contending years.

And then incessant trolling thereafter.  "Luongo still hasn't been traded" = Dreger hanging his head out a limo, yelling into the Leafaverse is pretty signature Toronto.

They had all the trash talk they receive coming.

And it's all in good fun. 

If they ever build a team that isn't a regular season wonder / pond-hockey fantasy, I'll be happy to kudos them.

Until then I don't envy Babcock his job.  They love to blame him - but the reality is that he's been operating without a 3rd pairing or 4th line - and they've been expecting playoff results.

It's hard not to make fun of that - it's up there with the Coiler dreams of contending with lottery picks and an unbuilt lineup.

hahaha funny thing is last year they were 3 points from missing the playoffs...hardly even a regular season wonder, more like an average team.