The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB has thrown away far too many assets - needs to be replaced as GM

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

On JB, Eriksson, radio has the Canucks trading away the future to rid themselves of the Eriksson contract.

IMO this is insane, this team is rebuilding.

If Eriksson's contract is so bad why is Benning still here? Gillis was burned at the stake for "ALL THOSE BAD CONTRACTS" This forum has many posters that frie dGillis and bent the knee to Benning.

Wake up, look at what your idol has done,

Capped out

Traded away more draft picks and what will be a lottery pick and lets throw a salt in that wound, to a team that needed to get rid of this player to sign better ones, vaseline please.

Multiple clause contracts to older players that will not be moved for YEARS.

Franchise loss of repsect league wide, essentially the national media keeps the Canuck talk to the bare minimum, what are they going to talk about, their confusion of what is going one here? If they nothing good to say, say nothing. There has been a lot of silence.

This is a death by a thousand cuts.

What makes up for all the mistakes, the time taken, loss of draft picks? Getting close to a playoff spot? A playoff spot that this coming year many team may tank to get better odds or just a better draft position because this year is so good and deep?

Mulligan for Eriksson, Mulligan for Sutter, Mulligan for Gudbranson, Mulligan for letting assets go for nothing, Mulligan for trading away draft picks, Mulligan for FAILING in the draft, Both Jake and Olli were taken in the wrong spots and compared to others in their classes, failures, Mulligan for capping out, Mulligan for screwing the Seattle expansion draft, Milligan for have the team lose 50 games a year, Mulligan for creating the worst team in Canuck history.

How many more Mulligans? Deep prospect pool? Montreal and NYR as examples, surpassed the Canucks in 2 years there should be 15 1rst and 2nd round picks, where are they? Mulligan

Id.gif.b1f660d6037274668fbbd0607ca196d9.gif

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

JB has gotten so many free assets!:frantic:

Stecher, Myers, Beagle, Roussel,  Motte, Levo - and that's just guys that are likely to be in the lineup this year.....

Every single team "throws away assets" -  and gains others for "free."   Much ado / drama - about the norm.

Your facts are scaring the children.....

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

You were more fun last time.   Perhaps another name change will do the trick?   

Well Stealthnuck how would i know? FYI The guardian was a friend and was unjustly suspended, doesn't matter now because he is dead. 

None of us use extra names, why bother? In my case i hadn't posted in 6 or 7 years and was ignored when asking for the old password, it seems i was in the wrong network.

Just now, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Well Stealthnuck how would i know? FYI The guardian was a friend and was unjustly suspended, doesn't matter now because he is dead. 

None of us use extra names, why bother? In my case i hadn't posted in 6 or 7 years and was ignored when asking for the old password, it seems i was in the wrong network.

ZOUOXYs.jpg

20 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

All that to do list, what about drafting good young players? Or getting more than 4 onto the team before selling out the future?

In another universe, maybe JB went all-in on rebuilding through the draft... but he didn’t in this one.  

We’ve done a good job developing on top of drafting this way.  Plus, we have a scrappy bottom 6 to let our young guys flourish.  We’ll go as far as they can take us.. and the depth on the team will ensure Juolevi, Woo, Lind, Rathbone, Lockwood, Madden, Podkozlin, etc etc wont be called upon until ready and should have some decent veteran teammates when they are.

We’re doing it the old fashioned way.. not trying to game the system or cut corners and get extra “assets” or tank, etc.. just adding young and old talent together and trying to win.  We’ll see if it pays off.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

We’re doing it the old fashioned way.. not trying to game the system or cut corners and get extra “assets” or tank, etc

They used to plow fields with oxen too and thought the world was flat.

Game the system? Okay there is a rule that states rookies can only get X amount of dollars, so lets never offer them that.

Teams are allowed to make trades, lets not do that either because heaven forbid this team might get ahead faster.

How about Benning signs 25 clause contracts eh? Then he doesn't have to work at all for 4 or 5 years.

Oh, you got me, I thought you being serious. :D

3 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

You know they said the same thing in Edmonton every year they had another high draft pick or new coach/gm.

And like Edmonton, exactly like Edmonton, this team has rushed it young players and is asking them to carry the team. They are reliying on them to be the backbone of the team.

Hasn't this experiment of rushing the young players and relying them to be the backbone of the team been tried 1, 2 or 300 times in the past?

Does this market really need to be slapped in the face with the same results that have happened over and over again with other teams? Teams that this market has been ridiculing for a decade or longer?

Prospects are not proven players, i notice that many of the "saviors" from 4 years ago are no longer listed, what happened to all those sure things?

Yo predict three Stanley cups, okay i predict Benning gets fired, this team has to go through another rebuild using Bo and Brock to regain and get extra 1rst round picks so the team has a larger group of similar skilled guys in the same age group, right now there just isn't enough.

This team has two ways to go, Edmonton/Buffalo or Colorado, one way makes making the playoffs worthy of a parade and the other looks at the playoffs as a step towards the finals.

This team's window for winning IS NOT now, they haven't even sniffed .500 yet.

You must have made some of these statements in jest or in sarcasm because you alway have been about not rushing the 20 yr olds, about developing them. Trying for the playoffs targets them for intense media pressure and opposition attention. Knock Elias, Brock, Bo, one or more, and the Canucks are done. Nope no pressure on them to perform.

lol explain how we are like Edmonton  we have had  no number over all draft picks  at all  so you are wrong again  so wrong  and colarado  lol when did they draft McKinnon   2012 7 years the avs have been rebuilding  so I see your method pick the flavour of the month and run with it  lol    pressure, the nhl is built on pressure   players are always pressured to preform   , well except ericsson    ,  I think you just need the alien deathstare Elias Pettersson - The Alien Death Stare

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Teams are allowed to make trades

The first thing you have written with your new handle that I can quote and agree with!   I knew it would eventually happen.   Congrats!   :)

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Do you think they live on the moon? You are wrong, there are hundreds of people that know the Aqulini's.  Some even talk to them.

I have no clue on what you are talking about.

You do not even acknowledge that you were wrong about Elder NMC impacting the Seattle Expansion draft.  You were wrong about that.  Perhaps you're wrong on other things as well.

3 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Name them? Calgary Okay but Calgary ended up ahead of the Canucks by a mere 26 points even losing the extra game Markstrom stole.

So who? Dallas? Colorado? Vegas?

Lol....like how you pick out the top 3 out of 4. You forgot the Blues. Not to mention that the only team we really have to worry about in that group is Vegas because they are in our division. All the strong central teams will be fighting it out against each other making it more likely for a Pacific team to get a wild card spot. 

So for my prediction as to the team we beat out to make the playoffs......drum roll.....it will be the team that slips. 

8 hours ago, Baggins said:

Because 5 years ago you held Shanny on your shoulders saying TO was rebuilding right - adding picks. Yet adding picks have made no difference for them. So much for doin' it right. 

So now you're saying you don't need to draft and develop well to rebuild because TO didn't? Interesting.

The problem is you guys hold up certain teams as the shining beacon while ignoring how many other teams have failed to win cup using that very same method. You also tend to ignore things like how long Chicago sucked before turning it around.

I look at the bigger picture and all options. Unlike you, I'm completely aware of the odds of later picks. Picks become prospects so trading for prospects is no different than using the pick. Both carry the exact same risk - they may or may not pan out. You have tunnel vision - one way and one way only and ignore these facts.

What.... the hell, are you talking about Baggins?????

When did I say you don't need to draft and develop well to rebuild?  

Yeah, just because you do STEP ONE of a rebuild well, doesn't mean anything if you do the rest of it poorly.

Also, one team wins the cup.  Math and common sense would dictate that most teams fail most years.  What the hell is the point of looking at teams that didn't win.  You look at the teams that DID win and what did they do to win it all.  Jesus Christ it's like trying to explain things to an infant.  If you're not trolling me, I hope you wear a helmet for your safety on a daily basis.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

In another universe, maybe JB went all-in on rebuilding through the draft... but he didn’t in this one.  

We’ve done a good job developing on top of drafting this way.  Plus, we have a scrappy bottom 6 to let our young guys flourish.  We’ll go as far as they can take us.. and the depth on the team will ensure Juolevi, Woo, Lind, Rathbone, Lockwood, Madden, Podkozlin, etc etc wont be called upon until ready and should have some decent veteran teammates when they are.

We’re doing it the old fashioned way.. not trying to game the system or cut corners and get extra “assets” or tank, etc.. just adding young and old talent together and trying to win.  We’ll see if it pays off.

The old fashioned way was to spend more than other teams and buy all the best free agents.

• Wat 1

48 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

What.... the hell, are you talking about Baggins?????

When did I say you don't need to draft and develop well to rebuild?  

Yeah, just because you do STEP ONE of a rebuild well, doesn't mean anything if you do the rest of it poorly.

Also, one team wins the cup.  Math and common sense would dictate that most teams fail most years.  What the hell is the point of looking at teams that didn't win.  You look at the teams that DID win and what did they do to win it all.  Jesus Christ it's like trying to explain things to an infant.  If you're not trolling me, I hope you wear a helmet for your safety on a daily basis.  

And you conclude that the 'Leafs are the next Blackhawks!'

Thanks for putting it in language that infants can understand.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

The old fashioned way was to spend more than other teams and buy all the best free agents.

Oh... you mean like the Detroit model. 

Or like the Rangers. 

Edited by spur1