The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brayden Points price?

I think you need more than that. He's a 23-year old 100-point pace forward. I think if Horvat, Pettersson, or Boeser aren't in the conversation, Yzerman Brisebois hangs up immediately.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think you need more than that. He's a 23-year old 100-point pace forward. I think if Horvat, Pettersson, or Boeser aren't in the conversation, Yzerman hangs up immediately.

I think you are probably right A.J. but hopefully we won't let Yzerman hang up the phone......phone Brisebois!

True they may ask for a bigger piece. But can they? Alot of resigning to do for 2019 2020. 

My thoughts in this trade, they gain another first. And a player to expose for expansion.

The fact he plays along side Kuch pads his stats a little, no?

I think its kind of a non-starter.  They simply don't re-sign a couple of UFA D this offseason work Foote into their top 6 and keep rolling. The way their cap is structured they are pretty set to have money back on the books as soon as they will need it to pay their players coming up through the ranks. Tampa has done an excellent job of structuring their cap. They have players they can trade for solid returns to free up cap as well without hurting their competitiveness. They could ship any of Gourd, Johnson, Killorn, Pallat, Ciarelli for returns without batting one single eyelash. 

5 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

Everyone's going to be after the cap heavy teams. 

Would 2020 1st + 2020 3rd + Goldy get it done?

Future assets and a potential 20 goal guy in Goldy, who is clearly not in our plans...

Thoughts?

Not even close

Pettersson or Boeser +

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Not even close

Pettersson or Boeser +

You're kidding me right? They have no leverage. They are going to have to shed cap regardless. His stats are definitely padded by kucherov. Not saying he is a plug. But hes not worth Boeser or Petterson. Never mind adding. 

12 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

You're kidding me right? They have no leverage. They are going to have to shed cap regardless. His stats are definitely padded by kucherov. Not saying he is a plug. But hes not worth Boeser or Petterson. Never mind adding. 

@-AJ- summed it above "I think if Horvat, Pettersson, or Boeser aren't in the conversation, Yzerman Brisebois hangs up immediately."

Do you even watch Tampa games?

I've seen about 20-30 Tampa games this year, and in many of them he has looked better than Stamkos. I know Tampa fans who think he is better than Stamkos. He is 23 (I think) and has 40 goals and 90 points this season. No way a trade is being made without Pettersson or Boeser in the talk. He is also a beast defensively.

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

@-AJ- summed it above "I think if Horvat, Pettersson, or Boeser aren't in the conversation, Yzerman Brisebois hangs up immediately."

Do you even watch Tampa games?

I've seen about 20-30 Tampa games this year, and in many of them he has looked better than Stamkos. I know Tampa fans who think he is better than Stamkos. He is 23 (I think) and has 40 goals and 90 points this season. No way a trade is being made without Pettersson or Boeser in the talk. He is also a beast defensively.

Ya I agree. I watch as many as I can. Given their situation i doubt stammer agrees to leave. Taking a petterson or bowser contract would only work, again, if they dump someone due for a raise. A lot of raises due down there.

4 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

Are you under the impression that if Point became available thst Vancouver would be the only team to come calling?   They have tons of leverage.  If you want a 90+ point 23 year old you’re gonna have to pony up a significant asset. So yeah. Petterson or Boeser ++ would be involved. 

17 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

Everyone's going to be after the cap heavy teams. 

Would 2020 1st + 2020 3rd + Goldy get it done?

Future assets and a potential 20 goal guy in Goldy, who is clearly not in our plans...

Thoughts?

Just ask yourself....would you take that package for EP if we were in cap trouble???   F$%*ING NO!   

Tampa will tell you the same thing.

17 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

True they may ask for a bigger piece. But can they? Alot of resigning to do for 2019 2020. 

My thoughts in this trade, they gain another first. And a player to expose for expansion.

The fact he plays along side Kuch pads his stats a little, no?

Why do everytime a team is in cap trouble, everyone think that the solution is for that team to trade one of their best players for picks??  Like seriously, Tampa is a perennial cup contender they are not going to trade away their best players.  Smh.

There are so many other options for them.  They have guys like Killorn, Johnson, Palat or JT Miller that make +/- 5M that they can trade for other asset.  No point in trading guys like Kucherov Stamkos or Point.  They also have Callahan who could be bought out for a reasonnable cap hit.  Plus they've got guys like Katchouk, Stephens, Raddysh, Foote  ready to step in with an ELC.

Pretty they are not that desperate.

Don’t bother trying to attain the unattainable.  If we want to work with them and their cap issues, Johnson is

far more likely a casualty than Point.

We need another top 6 winger, he is a solid offensive producer and had gotten Selke votes as a defensive forward.  He is also a good centre and in case of injuries he could fill in on either an offensive or defensive line so we wouldn’t have to ride Horvat like a rented mule.

He is also from nearby Spokane, so if the Lightning tell him he isn’t in their plans, we might be an attractive landing spot.  Close to family and lots of opportunity on the roster to play a big role. 

With most of their defence becoming UFAs this year, you could probably

offer them Tanev+ and get Johnson and Miller back.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Brayden Points price?
On 3/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, -AJ- said:

I don't always keep up with other teams, haha.

Yzerman is still there as a senior advisor...Just no longer the GM...he’d advise to sign Point and not re-sign some of the several UFAs coming off the books.  Gourde and Kucherov new contracts kick in next year as well, that’s 8 million more right there, the cap is predicted to go up 3.5...they still need to do something and a cap dump with Callahan makes the most sense..that would give them all the money they need for those three guys, Point won’t make more than Kucherov or Stamkos even though he deserves it, but those guys take team discounts without really doing it as they pay no state taxes on all home games, and the games they play in Miami too, it adds up.  A 8.5 million contract there is like 10 million anywhere else, I’d expect that’s about what he will sign for...

On 3/25/2019 at 12:39 AM, Freeridebc said:

What?  Kucherov plays on the first line with Stamkos and Point centers their second line.  He’s easily better than any of our forwards with the exception of maybe EP, and he’s often TBs best player.  Sure he’s not Kucherov, but he’s right up there with Mathews and Malkin for the best second line center in the league and would be the best center on most teams first lines.  Nobody has as many points as him the last two years playing that position, and he gives opposing teams fits because they can’t ignore that line as if they do they get burned, and he’s a 200 foot player.  TB is so deep it’s like they have two first lines a second and third line.   And their record shows it.   

As far as leverage goes they have enough to pay him 8.5 x 8 which is likely what he will get (like 10 million in most NHL cities) even with the 8 million in raises going to Gourde and Kucherov, they have three UFA defenseman leaving, 3.5 more in CAP coming in and can buy out Callahan or trade him with a pick as a cap dump, nothing hard about it.  Foote and others are waiting to join the club, their is no holes to plug, and they will use those ELCs to balance the books. Easy.

Currently he’s the 6th highest scoring Center in the league...ahead of some big names like Tavares...a few days ago he was fifth but Stamkos leapfrogged him.  He could end up as high as third.

Archived