The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 26, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Horrible officiating. The stick was at the blue line. Terrible call on Teves too. 

Haha, what?  That play couldn't have been more obviously intentional, it was the right call.

8 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You're right, it is too early to give up on him... but next year will likely define whether he will end his career playing a secondary role, or man up and become the type of player he should be.

Right now he is WAY too comfortable being a regular in the lineup... he doesn't show any hunger to get better... the word I would use is 'cruise'... he is confident with his speed and defensive play, but is not prepared to put in the effort to drive to the net and create a goal... the only time he makes an effort is when he has a breakaway.

Not star quality right now... when he has all the ability to be a star.

Had he played 82 games, he would have been right around 20 goals, all while getting primarily defensive zone starts on the third line........but, yeah, let's all complain about that.

There was thought behind the decision.

The team did as they should for improvement, they played a young prospect and gave some extra time to some players.

Pettersson needs a rest but it is too late now, he will grow into the league.

The boys played hard, the game was fast, goals were scored.

I remember the Mitchell penalty shot, i knew it was as soon as Granlund hit the stick the second time. It is the same as a thrown stick on a breakaway or a player touching from the bench. It was the right call.

Jake looks better and better without the axe over his head, easily one of the bright spots in the game.

19 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

There was thought behind the decision.

The team did as they should for improvement, they played a young prospect and gave some extra time to some players.

Pettersson needs a rest but it is too late now, he will grow into the league.

The boys played hard, the game was fast, goals were scored.

I remember the Mitchell penalty shot, i knew it was as soon as Granlund hit the stick the second time. It is the same as a thrown stick on a breakaway or a player touching from the bench. It was the right call.

Jake looks better and better without the axe over his head, easily one of the bright spots in the game.

Wait, did guardian just make a post that I actually agree with???  

What a crazy day

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Had he played 82 games, he would have been right around 20 goals, all while getting primarily defensive zone starts on the third line........but, yeah, let's all complain about that.

Zero commitment man. Lazy bum.

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

With everything wrong with this GIF, why is it so hot?

Weird game.  Most of the goals were strange.  Own goals, crazy penalty shot and a lot goals off broken plays.

I want to see a night where we have Hughes, Teves, Sautner, Brisebois and Demko all in.  Playoffs hope ended a while ago.   May end up losing by 10 but youth will be served.

Demko should play out the string.

Would bring back Schenn at the 6-8 guy of hopefully a restructured young D.

I like how heavy Pearson plays.  With him Roussel and an improving Jake we have some grit on the wing if not a lot of skill.  What good teams have shown us though is don't spend a lot of money on the wing or in net.  Save your cap for centre ice and D.

Should be an interesting off season.  Lots of changes for Benning or his replacement to make.

Must say I'm nicely surprised by Schenn and could see him back next year.

I was thinking last night how we're getting heavier at fwd:   Pearson, Leivo, Horvate, Roussel, Virtanen, Beagle, Sutter already are... Granlund and Boeser are getting there.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Haha, what?  That play couldn't have been more obviously intentional, it was the right call.

They called it as the rule stands I guess (although I thought he didn't really push the stick towards the puck), but it is kinda silly that it results in a penalty shot instead of a penalty.

3 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

They called it as the rule stands I guess (although I thought he didn't really push the stick towards the puck), but it is kinda silly that it results in a penalty shot instead of a penalty.

I'm not sure how anyone, with any kind of objectivity, can look at that play and see anything other than Granny deliberately pushing that stick into the path of the puck.  The play was called exactly how it should be, according to the rules.

That said, it was an awesome play to watch.......quick thinking by Granny, too bad it was obvious.

16 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Wait, did guardian just make a post that I actually agree with???  

What a crazy day

He's maddening......95% of his posts make me cringe.  Then, just when I think he's going on the list, he drops a well thought out, reasonable post and he draws me back in.

24 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

I was thinking last night how we're getting heavier at fwd:   Pearson, Leivo, Horvate, Roussel, Virtanen, Beagle, Sutter already are... Granlund and Boeser are getting there.

it must be the hair

Some of you are really reaching on the Jake Virtanen hate with this game.  The guy had a goal and the argument that he sucks is he should have 2 goals this game.

He scores 15 goals playing primarily on the 3rd and 4th lines this year and the argument is that the goals he scored were not spread out more over the season.

Ya he is not consistent but he is only 22 and got the team 15 goals playing primarily in a defensive role and with a 1.25M cap hit and you guys want to trade him?  

Once CDC latches onto a scapegoat they really go all out to find faults.  Quite impressive.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He did not shoot the stick at the puck.  the stick was clearly moved before the pass was made.  it was not until the stick was in between the two Ducks that the pass was attempted.

It may well have been intentional, but how was the rule broken? 

11 minutes ago, DooBie604 said:

Some of you are really reaching on the Jake Virtanen hate with this game.  The guy had a goal and the argument that he sucks is he should have 2 goals this game.

He scores 15 goals playing primarily on the 3rd and 4th lines this year and the argument is that the goals he scored were not spread out more over the season.

Ya he is not consistent but he is only 22 and got the team 15 goals playing primarily in a defensive role and with a 1.25M cap hit and you guys want to trade him?  

Once CDC latches onto a scapegoat they really go all out to find faults.  Quite impressive.

And in 67 games

12 minutes ago, DooBie604 said:

Don't forget the one guy on here who only credits him with 13 goals on the year cause Empty Net Goals don't count.

The sandbagging is real. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Kragar said:

He did not shoot the stick at the puck.  the stick was clearly moved before the pass was made.  it was not until the stick was in between the two Ducks that the pass was attempted.

It may well have been intentional, but how was the rule broken? 

I'm not sure how anyone can see it that way.  Granny clearly pushes the stick into the path of the puck.  It's about as clear as clear can be.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Don't forget the one guy on here who only credits him with 13 goals on the year cause Empty Net Goals don't count.

The sandbagging is real. :lol:

Yeah, that post was so stupid I didn't even bother with it.

Classic CDC "x doesn't score enough".......x scores......"that goal wasn't nice enough" or "that was an empty net goal, it doesn't count".

LE has been riddled with that kind of ridiculous "thinking".

54 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Schenn has been great, it'll be interesting to see what happens this summer.  That said, if Schenn comes back in the top 6 then JB did not do his job in the summer.

Archived