The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Really hating MacLean more watching his pandering cr*p this series.

Makes a big argument that the goalie interference call on the Flames was wrong and claims the Av's goalie flopped... and he's doing it only to suck up to Calgary fans.... he doesn't actually really care... he's cheering for T.O. and/or Boston.

At least Kyprious and Hrudey called him on his bullsh*t.

His anecdotes are getting a little long in the tooth, .. like his Uncle Dick, who shaped the first hockey stick in Yukon out of a dog sled ski,. Given to him by an Inuit Elder who is 99 years old ,

and just happens to be neighbours,..  

with,..

you guessed it,..  

Wayne Gretzky.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Gaudreau is fine as long as he is not being hit... he has lots of confidence and spunk.

As soon as he gets hit, he shrinks, starting whining to the Refs and starts second guessing himself.  That happened in the games the Canucks played vs Calgary.

He's gonna have to learn how to play through it like smaller players like Kane.  Kane also whines and doesn't like to be hit, but he won't fold.

True about Kane. Kane uses his teammates better than JG I find though. Seems JG tries to much one on one stuff. Skate to open ice or give and goes are more Kane's style and it's more effective. 

12 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Really hating MacLean more watching his pandering cr*p this series.

Makes a big argument that the goalie interference call on the Flames was wrong and claims the Av's goalie flopped... and he's doing it only to suck up to Calgary fans.... he doesn't actually really care... he's cheering for T.O. and/or Boston.

At least Kyprious and Hrudey called him on his bullsh*t.

He's from Alberta, he probably is a Lames fan himself to begin with anyways

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

True about Kane. Kane uses his teammates better than JG I find though. Seems JG tries to much one on one stuff. Skate to open ice or give and goes are more Kane's style and it's more effective. 

Kane is a beast.   Damn,  it wasn’t too long ago Buffalo wanted Tanev and a prospect or a pick for him.. or sumthin like that.. we overrated Tanev.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Out coached. Flames weren't ready to go. Should have mixed up the lines. 

PK wasn't ready. 

Disagree... don't think it was the coaching... the players have to be held accountable.

All the Calgary stars were invisible... Gaudreau had multiple chances to put the puck in the net in this last game... choked.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Kane is a beast.   Damn,  it wasn’t too long ago Buffalo wanted Tanev and a prospect or a pick for him.. or sumthin like that.. we overrated Tanev.

Actually referring to Patrick Kane... I agree, the other Kane has no problems in the playoffs.  ;)

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Out coached. Flames weren't ready to go. Should have mixed up the lines. 

PK wasn't ready. 

I have a hard time seeing Neal was sat in a game 7 ...   I don’t care how poorly he had been playing, replacing him with a wet rookie should be questioned.

Neal was brought in for his playoff experience.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Gave the Avs too much room. But tough to get in on such a speedy team I suppose. 

That's where the Canucks have an answer... Bo comes into the equation... he is one of the guys who can actually stay with MacKinnon in most situations.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I meant Patrick. But ya, would trade Tanev for Evander in a heartbeat. 

Just now, SilentSam said:

I have a hard time seeing Neal was sat in a game 7 ...   I don’t care how poorly he had been playing, replacing him with a wet rookie should be questioned.

Neal was brought in for his playoff experience.

That is one coaching decision I disagree with... last year Neal was a force in the playoffs and not giving him any chance was a mistake in my estimation.

Also one of the guys who can be physical.

Archived