The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why didn't Calgary go with Rittich? Is he hurt? Might have been a different series with him. 

9 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Wouldnt have made a difference.  Their issue is goal scoring and their inability to defend the Avs top players.  

So, then the question becomes, do the Flames try to re-sign Smith (37 yrs old, current $4.25 million contract), or do they look for a new guy via trade or free agency?

Cue Canucks trade proposals?

regards,  G.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I kinda thought Calgary looked soft all season same with the lightening. The thing is in a 7 game series you have time to expose the flaws you wouldn't in the regular season. This is why I hope Canucks draft a big fast player 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

If Bennett was my teammate I would refuse to go in the same lockeroom as him.

He’d get his own changeroom

Is there a number 13 or 23 on the ice???... I can't seem to see them anywhere.  :picard:

I am sorry to say this, I don't like to see a player underachieve, but Gaudreau has completely choked, he had a break away and a penalty shot in the first period and should have scored on at least one of them.  Gaudreau got hit a few times and clearly it has put off his game... he is anxious, frightened and has no confidence.

So has Monahan... just complete invisibility... lack of fight...  Watching him in a scrum when his best buddy Johnny Hockey was getting thrown around and he does absolutely nothing... hangs onto the sleeve of the Av's player and tries not to attract attention.  He should have been in there nose to nose with whoever it was.

The lack of confidence from these two has rubbed off on the rest of the team too... with the exception of Sam Bennett who although he is not a star has at least kept fighting.

Mathew Tkachuk has performed nearly as badly as Monahan and Gaudreau... should have stepped up his physicality and aggression... not there.

And Smith is a clown... needs to step up, but not making the big saves he needs to... flopping around dramatically and not stopping anything.

I actually feel good about the Canucks if they squeeze in the playoffs next year compared to what I am seeing from the Flames.

I think Petey would put up more fight than Gaudreau even if he was getting pushed around.

Archived