The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SUSPENSION] Kadri Suspension - Rest of Round 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I dont think so. DB was in his stance the entire time Kadri was coming at him. His knee never moved from his stance. I though Kyprios said it right. "I can hit you with my elbow and it isnt elbowing". To me, the kneeing penalty is reserved for when a player hangs the knee out. Not the case here IMHO.  

at the very least, call tripping or interference if you have to call SOMETHING. in real time, i don't think anyone saw it as a malicious hit. jake debrusk isn't known to be dirty. he plays hard, but not dirty

8 hours ago, 6string said:

Kadri and Nylander should be moved in the off season to free up some cap space, both tonight were eventually costly to the team.

Yes. Dubas messed up on Nylander. Willie should of been moved the moment they signed Tavares. Willie N is now an overpaid floater who can really only put up points playing with Mathews. His value has greatly decreased. 

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

at the very least, call tripping or interference if you have to call SOMETHING. in real time, i don't think anyone saw it as a malicious hit. jake debrusk isn't known to be dirty. he plays hard, but not dirty

Kadri had time to look up an properly avoid the whole thing as well. 

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Kadri had time to look up an properly avoid the while thing as well. 

or, just take getting lit up like a man. DB took all of his crosscheck to the face, and still got up and tried to go after him, but you can clearly see the trainer hold him back and chara stepped in and he just went down the tunnel. during his post game he seemed fine, but, i think most of us, at some point in our lives played hockey competitively, and you're kinda taught, don't let em know you're hurt. for debrusk's sake, i hope he's okay. he's been so fun to watch on that bruins team all year

now i see andrew raycroft on twitter calling it all a work. try saying that to someone like daniel carcillo, someone who's adamantly trying to spread awareness of CTE and head injuries, who will most likely see that someone being crosschecked in the face and a former colleague calling it fake-- but i should mention that ray ray's been a real leafs homer lately

26 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Pretty ballsy to make a dirty play like that with chara less than 10 feet away, kadri is lucky he will be awake to serve his suspension

Cooke laid out Savard with a headshot while a worse lunatic was on the ice (Lucic while he was still in his prime).  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You think Leafs fans are a shade upset about this now?

Wait until they lay down Kadris punishment as being 2 maybe 3 playoff games and we all look back to this

Just saying

In person hearing, he ain't getting 2 or 3. Will be much more than that.

11 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

But see the hypocrisy is that you (like many Canucks fans including myself) are huge Burrows fans...how can you be for one and against the other? 

I guess the only logical answer being that fans of one and not the other but that’s where the hypocrisy lies. IMHO your response is way over the top. “Needs to go for good”? Come on now lol. Yes he’s very careless and reckless letting emotions get the best of him but how’s that any different from Burrows or Kesler who I adore. My take is more that he’ll be punished and have to learn from it or keep facing the league. I get why he did what he did but it was clearly over the top.

I don't recall Burr ever doing this highly disturbing move.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I stand by what I said.  This guy's unstable and needs help.

image.png

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't recall Burr ever doing this highly disturbing move.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I stand by what I said.  This guy's unstable and needs help.

image.png

Lol if you’re going to say so and so is “unstable” then so is everyone else. 

I’m not saying Kadri is an angel but you can’t pick and choose who is. Isn’t Burrows the guy who made personal remarks to Tootoo about him and his family regarding his alcohol substance abuse issues when his brother committed suicide due to said abuse? Wouldn’t you say that’s unstable and if not more than Kadri? One can certainly make the case.

/it’s a 2way road. Be careful who you paint the villain because there’s always 3 fingers pointing back at us when we point to another. Especially when you/I/us Canucks fans were/are fans of similar reputable players.

12 hours ago, gerry35 said:

Can't believe people are still upset about 2011, that was 8 years ago already. Long since time to move on.

There are only 3 people that would think that way:

1) Canuck fans that were too young to have understood what was actually happening during those playoffs.

2) Canuck fans that didn’t become fans until after 2011 playoffs.

3) Not a Canuck fan.

picture this.. the year is 2091, every player, owner, ref, linesman, official that was involved with the SCF has passed away. I have outlived them all and yet my body is failing me. By the grace of some divine influence I still have all my mental faculties, and as such I know the end draws neigh. I tell my family to gather in close for my final words before proceeding to the great beyond. This group of people who mean the most to me in the universe moves close to my bed to make sure they catch every piece of wisdom that will surely come from my death bed. With disdain in my eyes I utter just two words before the darkness consumes me:

”Buck Foston!” 

16 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Lol if you’re going to say so and so is “unstable” then so is everyone else. 

I’m not saying Kadri is an angel but you can’t pick and choose who is. Isn’t Burrows the guy who made personal remarks to Tootoo about him and his family regarding his alcohol substance abuse issues when his brother committed suicide due to said abuse? Wouldn’t you say that’s unstable and if not more than Kadri? One can certainly make the case.

/it’s a 2way road. Be careful who you paint the villain because there’s always 3 fingers pointing back at us when we point to another. Especially when you/I/us Canucks fans were/are fans of similar reputable players.

Last I checked, Burrows doesn't play anymore.  He paid his dues...so now it's Nazem's turn.  Other teams likely have had the same conversations about Burr - so it seems fair that Kadri isn't immune to that.  Guy's a ticking time bomb...needs to be addressed for a number of head shots. 

Not sure why a Canuck fan feels so inclined to defend him?  "Isn't an angel" is an understatement and an insult to angels.   He's an ass and the league will likely send a strong message here.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Last I checked, Burrows doesn't play anymore.

And other teams likely have had the same conversations about him.  Seems fair that Kadri isn't immune to that.  Guy's a ticking time bomb...needs to be addressed for a number of head shots. 

Yep, I don’t think anyways denying that :) 

30 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Be careful who you paint the villain because there’s always 3 fingers pointing back at us when we point to another. Especially when you/I/us Canucks fans were/are fans of similar reputable players.

He is a villain at this current time...and we've had to pay heavy prices when our guys have been labeled as such.

So by comparing our guys, it's actually just emphasizing a need to make sure this one also gets the book thrown at him.  Like we have in the past.

I don't have to like Kadri.  And I don't.

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Yes. Dubas messed up on Nylander. Willie should of been moved the moment they signed Tavares. Willie N is now an overpaid floater who can really only put up points playing with Mathews. His value has greatly decreased. 

Trade Nylander to Edm for Lucic! Maybe The Leafs will get tougher or get stupider?::D

Archived