The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen retires

Generational.EP40

On 4/26/2019 at 8:16 PM, Hindustan Smyl said:

Have a good one Hansen.

Whenever you get a hardworking player that is great in the lockerroom and requires zero maintenance, you know you have a valuable asset.

All the best in retirement.  You sucked balls in your final few years, but the pros certainly outweighed the cons as a whole.

Really enough with the ingenious praise Stan, it sucks.

1 hour ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Really enough with the ingenious praise Stan, it sucks.

It’s not disingenuous praise.  

I stand by all of my comments.

Hansen was a warrior for us and deserves all of his accolades.

However - the notion that he could still compete in today’s NHL is laughable.    We traded Hansen at a very good time.  Ditto for guys like Burrows, Bieksa, Lack, etc.  Great players as Canucks, but hairy ball lickers upon leaving.

3 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

It’s not disingenuous praise.  

I stand by all of my comments.

Hansen was a warrior for us and deserves all of his accolades.

However - the notion that he could still compete in today’s NHL is laughable.    We traded Hansen at a very good time.  Ditto for guys like Burrows, Bieksa, Lack, etc.  Great players as Canucks, but hairy ball kickers upon leaving.

I give up, u just won’t get the point.

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

Point?

I’d shoot Hansen out of a cannon into the Pacific Ocean if it landed us Brayden Point.

Ok. I mean that they had decent careers. Like 99% of athletes they most likely decline in the later years and ‘suck balls’ as you say. 

The ‘point’ is celebrate those highlights and send good  wishes. Skip the ‘dishes’ and focus on the positives.

Just now, CaptKirk888 said:

Ok. I mean that they had decent careers. Like 99% of athletes they most likely decline in the later years and ‘suck balls’ as you say. 

The ‘point’ is celebrate those highlights and send good  wishes. Skip the ‘dishes’ and focus on the positives.

Fair enough good buddy.

I was just kidding around.

I have an evil and twisted sense of humor.  :-p

After we traded him and he didn't do well in SJ, I really wanted the Canucks to pick him back up again. He played great for us. Was always the type of 4th/3rd liner this team needed. Later in his career with us he was producing offensively and making others on the ice look way better. Kind of wished he would have come back to us before he hung up the skates. 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:22 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm telling you all, Tyler Motte is our new Honey Badger!  

Enjoy the retirement Jannik, you were a great Canuck!

He sure started off that way but as the season progressed he became less relenting. Hansen maybe took 2 nights off in a season per year. 

10 hours ago, MikeyD said:

He sure started off that way but as the season progressed he became less relenting. Hansen maybe took 2 nights off in a season per year. 

Haha I know, but this is Motte's second real NHL year.  He'll become more consistent. 

Hansen was one of my favourite Canucks even before his bigger scoring years.  I'm getting the same warm fuzzy feeling about Motte lol 

16 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Haha I know, but this is Motte's second real NHL year.  He'll become more consistent. 

Hansen was one of my favourite Canucks even before his bigger scoring years.  I'm getting the same warm fuzzy feeling about Motte lol 

I completely agree. We must also remember that Motte is projected to have a better offensive upside as well. Nobody looks at Motte as an offensive player but in juniors he had some nice numbers. We saw his offense at the beginning of the year, hopefully if he can put it all together we can get that consistency continued as well. 

Archived