The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen retires

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

Have a good one Hansen.

Whenever you get a hardworking player that is great in the lockerroom and requires zero maintenance, you know you have a valuable asset.

All the best in retirement.  You sucked balls in your final few years, but the pros certainly outweighed the cons as a whole.

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, cyoung said:

He could keep up, the game is also way more skilled...which he wasnt. Loved him when he was in van, absolute workhorse

I think the current state of the game would have suited Hansen perfectly.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the story of Goldobin going back to Russia attached to this Hansen story.

Not saying it's true but look at the Vorky Trasnsfer Rumors halfway down the page ....

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jannik-hansen-retires-canucks-2019

FOTO_20190426_215346.jpg

Probably nobody noticed, or perhaps because this is about Hansen retiring and not about a rumour about Goldy...

If Goldy is off, then while disappointed, I’d say good bye and good riddance....

Those two players couldn’t be further apart in attitude if you tried....

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lancaster said:

He could probably still play in the NHL if he wanted to.  

If the Canucks didn't have Eriksson in the lineup, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Hansen on the 4th line.  

Only way he plays in the NHL today is if they use his face as the puck, or if he’s giving pregame BJ’s to the stars of the team.

I love Hansen as much as the next guy, but his game completely fell off a cliff during his last two seasons.

2 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Only way he plays in the NHL today is if they use his face as the puck, or if he’s giving pregame BJ’s to the stars of the team.

I love Hansen as much as the next guy, but his game completely fell off a cliff during his last two seasons.

Really? Congrats on a good career but u suck (maybe literally) now? Why add those comments?

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, spook007 said:

Probably nobody noticed, or perhaps because this is about Hansen retiring and not about a rumour about Goldy...

If Goldy is off, then while disappointed, I’d say good bye and good riddance....

I agree, you're right. I was just waiting to see if anyone picked up on it even though it's about Hansen.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Really? Congrats on a good career but u suck (maybe literally) now? Why add those comments?

It was in response to someone who said that Hansen could still play in today’s NHL.  

I love Hansen as much as the next guy, but there’s a reason why he became the water boy down there in San Jose.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:48 AM, spook007 said:

Absolutely.   Good post.

• Thanks 1