The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen retires

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

Seems a little young to retire but I guess outside the NHL its not the same.

A little sad, now its not just the oldest guys from our great Gilllis-era teams retiring. Congrats to Jannik on a great career. 

I can't believe how his NHL career fell apart when he went to San Jose. Was playing some of his best hockey prior to the trade too. Thought he'd be a great fit there for sure. 

56 minutes ago, gurn said:

Retiring with just over $18 mill career earnings.

Heck of a player, need another like him.

Motte.

Hansen was my favourite player during his time here. Hope he has a happy retirement. He said he would always call Vancouver home, so maybe he settles down somewhere around here.

• Upvote 3

Honey badger.   You are one of my all time favorites. Worked hard every shift . Went against all odds with where you were drafted. Great attitude.  Just a model player as far as I'm concerned. 

Bless you in your retirement. 

How could torts be like that towards the honey badger ?  Torts is an ignorant man . 

• Upvote 1

i haven't seen many, or possibly any, players that backchecked and forechecked as consistently and ferociously as jannik hansen did in the first half of his career. the guy did not believe in fly-bys. 

congrats on a solid career built solely on hard work.

I so miss Hansen here in Vancouver. The third line w him Malhotra and Torres is the best non Sedin line since 2005. 

The speed and aggression in his play was really exciting. Wish Virtanen could turn into a newer version of Hansen. 

He showed, what can be achieved with a bit of dedication. 

Happy retirement Honey Badger... you did good. 

• Like 1