The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher gets the call for Team Canada!

Dombrova22

He’s a very good player. 

I absolutely love Troy and I think this will really sky-rocket his value, just like Tanev from a few years ago.

Him Hutton and Hughes are my absolute faves on D.  

On a side note, and my word isn’t even worth two cents to this franchise, but my only concern (critique) with Troy is his IQ / choice of positioning in the defensive zone. And this isn’t even an issue MOST of the time! 

I’m sure he’ll come back next year and this won’t even be a concern ever again, the kid works too hard. 

Great effing job bud, take a day off and pound a few rona’s. You deserve it! 

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Glad to see him get recognized by the Team Canada brass. Not everyone gets the privilege to represent their country. 

Not to take away anything from Stecher, but a ton of Canadian players decline the invitation to play in this tournament. I mean it’s less than 2 weeks away, while most country’s roster has been finalized, only 5 Canadian has been confirmed for the tournament.

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Not to take away anything from Stecher, but a ton of Canadian players decline the invitation to play in this tournament. I mean it’s less than 2 weeks away, while most country’s roster has been finalized, only 5 Canadian has been confirmed for the tournament.

thats sad af but not surprising. its a fake championship. just lump it with the freakin, whats that trophy no one cares about... the trophy with the has beens, and you have this one. "sorry boys, you werent good enough this year, wanna join this team full of losers"

WARNING: controversial take. take a deep breath before you hit that confused face DON'T DO IT. you hit it.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:33 AM, shiznak said:

They have a pretty big pool to fish from....it's still a huge honour to be asked to play for your country.  

So happy for Troy.  He has worked so hard in the last few years to get where he is. He has earned all the respect he has garnered. I admit I am pleasantly surprised that the Central and Eastern hockey minds also appreciated his game to this degree.

Team Canada actually looks quite good. I think they have a real shot at winning this. With Bo they might have maybe even been the favourites.

Fabbro  chabot top pairing.

maybe second pairing stetcher and Theodore 

3rd pairing Montour and nurse

severson extra.

murray, Blackwood, and hart goalies.

stone, Tavares, couturier etc forwards.

only weak link is AV as the coach over ruff lol

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Is he hurt?

Doesn't look like it - he is playing. 

They have 7Ds in the lineup as teams can ice 20 skaters and they have 4 RDs.  He was listed as starting with Chabot both games (actually ever since the 2nd game).    

Nurse Severson

Chabot Stecher

Theodore Fabbro

Ph. Myers

Fabbro was D7 to start the tourney but now plays 17-18min.  Severson is now their most used RD with the Montour injury - upwards of 20 minutes with over 23min last game.  Myers joined a few games ago to replace Montour and doesn't play all that much (11:30 last game) but he too plays the right side.  

7 hours ago, mll said:

Doesn't look like it - he is playing. 

They have 7Ds in the lineup as teams can ice 20 skaters and they have 4 RDs.  He was listed as starting with Chabot both games (actually ever since the 2nd game).    

Nurse Severson

Chabot Stecher

Theodore Fabbro

Ph. Myers

Fabbro was D7 to start the tourney but now plays 17-18min.  Severson is now their most used RD with the Montour injury - upwards of 20 minutes with over 23min last game.  Myers joined a few games ago to replace Montour and doesn't play all that much (11:30 last game) but he too plays the right side.  

More Important games. Maybe AV doesn't like or trust him?

25 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

More Important games. Maybe AV doesn't like or trust him?

or he has simply not been playing as well as the others.  The guys playing ahead of him are good players and Vigneault wants to win.   

Archived