The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Please don't let the rodent get another ring....

The sheer thought of seeing that ring kissing puke skate around Rogers kissing his ring finger again makes me wanna puke...

At least the diving Sharks didn't go to the finals.... 

window hamster GIF

• Haha 2

Hats off to Cam Neely and his crew at “rebuilding on the fly” , there will be big holes to fill when Marchand , Chara, and Bergevin eventually leave..  hopefully they have pieces in there system to replace them.

The cliche” death by a thousand cuts” was used the other night on HNIC,  again, the longer this series goes, the favour tilts towards the Blues.

I look to see Chara targeted , he is less feared these aging days, and a liability if tormented with the same “pack attack” mentality his Bruins breed.  ..but to physically effect Chara, leaves Marchand, Macavoy and Krueg clearly open to be the next targets.. no different than the way EK65, Hertl and Pavelski felt it.

The Blues D will physically effect Pasturnak and Bergevin.

T.Rask  is in a zone and freshman Carlo looks solid at times, but their both in thick against the Blues and will tire.

The Blues pp is getting better as opportunity arises.. 

Be prepared for a Physical, Physical series boys and girls, one that Doritos and a few icy cold (slushy) lagers or pilsners match up well with..  and for after the game may I suggest non-dairy Haagen Daaz.. it wont suppress your off gasses overnight, and you will feel lightly refreshed.

i see a split in Boston, Blues taking both at home for game 3 &4.. a Boston win on the return home game 5.. and then a throat punch by the Blues for the Cup Win in St Louis.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

Rask vs Binnington - should be a great series. Hoping for the Blues, payback after losing to the Bruins in 1970. So, Biinnington starts for the Blues in early 2019, gets them winning, gets them into the playoffs, gets them to the SCF, and if they win he'll probably win the Conn Smythe.

Hard to believe this kid probably won't win the Calder

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rask vs Binnington - should be a great series. Hoping for the Blues, payback after losing to the Bruins in 1970. So, Biinnington starts for the Blues in early 2019, gets them winning, gets them into the playoffs, gets them to the SCF, and if they win he'll probably win the Conn Smythe.

Hard to believe this kid probably won't win the Calder

but he is an rfa next year and is about to get PAID

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Tystick said:

Boston has been sitting around waiting and Blues are fresh.

Could be an advantage for St. Louis.

I’d love to see the Blues win in seven, and celebrate with the Cup on ?Boston’s home ice.  

On 5/21/2019 at 9:54 PM, Jaimito said:

Blues in 6.  Best team in NHL since Xmas. Healthier.  Bennington is a match for Rask, who is a known choker despite his good run so far. 

Blues have enough grit too, plenty of size and balanced scoring.  Bruins has the edge in experience.  

Time for a virgin cup winner.   

Jamito..... From your prior posts I take it that you live in or near Montreal.  My son and I were at the old Forum today looking at those 24 Stanley Cup pennants won by the Habs. If you say that it’s time for a virgin to win, then who am I to argue.

24. Cripes that’s a lot. No wonder Bettman doesn’t want a Canadian team to win.

Edited by PistolPete13

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Jamito..... From your prior posts I take it that you live in or near Montreal.  My son and I were at the old Forum today looking at those 24 Stanley Cup pennants won by the Habs. If you say that it’s time for a virgin to win, then who am I to argue.

24. Cripes that’s a lot. No wonder Bettman doesn’t want a Canadian team to win. That last Cup win in the early 90s was against the Flames, so it was impossible not to have a Canadian champion that year. 

93 was against the Gretzky led Kings.  Possibly the last playoffs that wasn't rigged.