The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

June 10 2019 Benning Media Availability

Rate this topic

JamesB

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Then it's our duty as fans to make it clear Lucic is not welcome and run him out of town.

Okay woah. I'll cheer for him if his protecting out young guys...that's  what we need. If you don't like Luic then who would you rather see us get with his kind of don't mess with rep? And I might add at the cost of us getting maybe a pick back...

I get the fact you don like him as a player but what did he do to make you hate him as a person? Like the death threats yea that's b.s but other then that other players pull the same stunt and if your mad about him getting in a bar fight well most guys have been in one. 

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

if this happens then might as well go back to being one of the slowest teams in the league.  Lucic may look mean, but a lot of times he stood by and watched other oilers stick up for his team mates.

As I said in the Lucic trade thread. I would prefer to go after Ryan Reaves if we are after toughness and size. His contract is only 1 year for 2.775. Vegas has cap issues so they may consider it.  While were at it we should try to get Colin Miller in a package deal as he has apparently fallen out of favor in Vegas. Sure we wouldn't be dumping Eriksson in this deal but perhaps we could entice a cap floor team to take on Eriksson once his bonus has been paid.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay woah. I'll cheer for him if his protecting out young guys...that's  what we need. If you don't like Luic then who would you rather see us get with his kind of don't mess with rep? And I might add at the cost of us getting maybe a pick back...

I get the fact you don like him as a player but what did he do to make you hate him as a person? Like the death threats yea that's b.s but other then that other players pull the same stunt and if your mad about him getting in a bar fight well most guys have been in one. 

Reaves would be good and likely to be available for cheap.  The death threats are simply a line I'm not ok with considering acceptable, period.  Simply inexcusable to tolerate that kind of garbage on our team, and it says a lot about him as a person that he didn't see an issue with it or even admit that it was a problem.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, babalu said:

As I said in the Lucic trade thread. I would prefer to go after Ryan Reaves if we are after toughness and size. His contract is only 1 year for 2.775. Vegas has cap issues so they may consider it.  While were at it we should try to get Colin Miller in a package deal as he has apparently fallen out of favor in Vegas. Sure we wouldn't be dumping Eriksson in this deal but perhaps we could entice a cap floor team to take on Eriksson once his bonus has been paid.

Some here think Edmonton has to give up 8th overall to dump Lucic - how much less would the Canucks have to give up to dump Eriksson.  Teams near the floor are more likely to add a LTIR contract as it doesn't use a roster spot and the cost is minimal.  As it happens Vegas has Clarkson's LTIR contract - it's only 200K in salary after his bonus is paid for a 5.25M cap hit.  Last year Chicago gave up Hinostrozza to move Hossa's contract out.  

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Reaves would be good and likely to be available for cheap.  The death threats are simply a line I'm not ok with considering acceptable, period.  Simply inexcusable to tolerate that kind of garbage on our team, and it says a lot about him as a person that he didn't see an issue with it or even admit that it was a problem.

I agree but we don't know if his first and only one to cross those lines. Reeves would be great but I would prefer picks coming back too and Luic could pull a Kelser and only pick two teams and Oilers could be willin to pay an kings ransom,that's the only way I would be okay with him coming to the Canucks.

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but we don't know if his first and only one to cross those lines. Reeves would be great but I would prefer picks coming back too and Luic could pull a Kelser and only pick two teams and Oilers could be willin to pay an kings ransom,that's the only way I would be okay with him coming to the Canucks.

As far as I'm concerned having that little respect for the sport is reason enough to keep him far away from our kids.  Shows all I need to know about his character, or complete lack thereof.  Simply not welcome on any respectable team.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

As far as I'm concerned having that little respect for the sport is reason enough to keep him far away from our kids.  Shows all I need to know about his character, or complete lack thereof.  Simply not welcome on any respectable team.

Would you be okay Kadri then? His on the market

For this Lucic thing, it has to start with the premise that we are taking on a bad contract if the price is right so the main part of any trade should not be Lucic. It should be what Deadmonton is offering us to take on that Contract.

Would prefer not.  Either Reaves or bring in a more traditional enforcer.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/02/video-muslim-nhl-player-threatens-to-slit-the-throat-of-opposing-player

his made death threats to another player too.  Luic isn't the first or sad to say it but the last to make a death threat in the nhl. 

Reeves and Luic and Wilson and Benn are like the last few heavy weights/enforcers left and you will have to pay either way. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Honestly cant believe some people here are cool with Lucic coming to Vancouver.

1-  he has talked mad **** about this team and city on NUMEROUS occasions.

2-hes a ****ing scumbag

3- hes a slug who cant skate and cannot score anymore

4- he has 4 years left on his contract. (24 million)

He contributes absolutely NOTHING.  As much as I would love for hockey to be violent and rough again,  it's not.  Guys like Lucic are anchors on your team and anchors for your cap space.

**** THAT!  Would rather watch Louie coast for the next 3 years or bury him in the AHL then watch that BUM Milan wear the blue/green/white.

Louie holds legitimate value for teams trying to reach the cap floor.  High cap hit with most of the dollars already paid. 

1. Canucks fans have talked mad **** about him too all cause he played for Boston...I don't remember him having problem with the city or the people before that. 

2. Every team has a scum bag. Heck the teams that won cups have more then one ha 

3 it's been said his in better shape and also Oiler's players are above average skaters or the most of them. 

4 that's the reason everyone wants 8th overall to come with him  so paying Luic for those four years and also getting a guy like Zegras or Cozens on the cheap for the following years makes it worth while. 

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/02/video-muslim-nhl-player-threatens-to-slit-the-throat-of-opposing-player

his made death threats to another player too.  Luic isn't the first or sad to say it but the last to make a death threat in the nhl. 

Reeves and Luic and Wilson and Benn are like the last few heavy weights/enforcers left and you will have to pay either way. 

I'm not a fan but to violate the sanctity of the handshake line is unforgivable. 

I'm not a fan but to violate the sanctity of the handshake line is unforgivable. 

I agree but I'm willing to bet his not the first one to pull something like that and usually players don't repeat what's told to them during hand shakes. I'm sure Pronger or some other of the players have some real choice words for some players. 

Not interested in Lucic. Edmonton would have to be adding something pretty damn enticing. It'd also be contingent on us not having to protect Lucic in the expansion draft, whether that's him waiving his NMC for the draft or his clause somehow becoming null and void like I've seen talk of around here lately. 

• Upvote 1

not sure why everyone is on this acquiring lucic bandwagon

unlikely coilers would move him for loui

cuz what is the point for them? they need to dump salary

not do a lateral cap trade and throw in some additional asset value as well

so unless retention by the nucks happen if loui is involved

i do not see much point in this trade (for either team actually)