The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

8 minutes ago, sampy said:

Nope. LE was 15th on the team in blocked shots last year, behind Virtanen and only a few blocked shots ahead of offensive minded Boeser. While also being -11. Defensive minded hahaha. He’s not good anymore, yes he’s human and deserves to be treated with respect but no he does not deserve or should be gifted a roster spot. If he wants those last couple million he can do it in Utica. This is a performance business, spots are earned not given.

thats about the most useless stat to bring up to argue Loui's impact on the defensive side of his game. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats about the most useless stat to bring up to argue Loui's impact on the defensive side of his game. 

Blocked shots is a useless stat?? Nope. A defensive minded player and one that plays PK tends to block shots. His takeaways wasn’t very good either, behind Motte and Leivo.

Edited by sampy

4 minutes ago, sampy said:

Blocked shots is a useless stat?? Nope. A defensive minded player and one that plays PK tends to block shots. His takeaways wasn’t very good either, behind Motte and Leivo.

no, its actually not that important of a stat, unless you play for Torts. Loui is a good PK player, its one of the reasons we were the 11th best PK last year. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, The 5th Line said:

2 hits in 80 games.  How's that for a useless stat.  That might be an all time record.  Someone should look it up

meh, whatever. His PK numbers are out there if you care to go look. Yes the guys offensive production is 1/2 of what it should be, but the endless nitpicking on the guy is pathetic imo. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no, its actually not that important of a stat, unless you play for Torts. Loui is a good PK player, its one of the reasons we were the 11th best PK last year. 

Well considering most coaches want players to block shots and players are adding equipment so they get hurt less I strongly disagree. And Canucks were good on PK because of players like Markstrom and Edler and his league leading blocked shots

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

meh, whatever. His PK numbers are out there if you care to go look. Yes the guys offensive production is 1/2 of what it should be, but the endless nitpicking on the guy is pathetic imo. 

Nitpicking hahahaha, he made $6mil to be ok at PK. That’s not nitpicking that’s stating the obvious.

Also, Beagle and Motte were the teams lead penalty killers. Check your stats again.

Edited by sampy

1 hour ago, sampy said:

Nope. LE was 15th on the team in blocked shots last year, behind Virtanen and only a few blocked shots ahead of offensive minded Boeser. While also being -11. Defensive minded hahaha. He’s not good anymore, yes he’s human and deserves to be treated with respect but no he does not deserve or should be gifted a roster spot. If he wants those last couple million he can do it in Utica. This is a performance business, spots are earned not given.

Boy, those are some convincing stats

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sampy said:

Well considering most coaches want players to block shots and players are adding equipment so they get hurt less I strongly disagree. And Canucks were good on PK because of players like Markstrom and Edler and his league leading blocked shots

You are on fire!

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

and sadly in Our world, there are tons of self-promoters who are so damn good at acting busy and looking knowledgeable and important!! These peeps take credit off your hard work and keep on moving up just becoz they are soooooooo good at BS'ing and producing fancy slideshows to Management.

Image result for trump thumb gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

In no way am I happy that a bottom six player is taking up $6m in cap space.  However, at the time that was market value for LE and he was a player that JB knew and JB knows his stuff.  It is what it is and there's not a whole lot to be done about.........he's a solid bottom 6 fwd and a pretty good penalty killer, and as long as he's capable there I don't see FA being too keen on paying him to play in Utica.

I wouldn't call him a solid bottom 6, on account of his lack of a physical game. he's a bit of an anomaly, really. top 6 talent dried up , no bottom 6 gusto. (actually could be a glimpse of Goldy in 10 years time, assuming his current trajectory doesn't change) 

but as has been noted, the worst part of it is his salary. beyond that he's a lower level serviceable nhl'er, kind of like Granny - and we all know what happened there

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Edit:

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/who-will-kill-penalties-for-the-canucks-in-2019-20-1.23929248

it takes a team really.

Edited by SilentSam

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

2 hits in 80 games.  How's that for a useless stat.  That might be an all time record.  Someone should look it up

Actually 3 hits if we're quoting stats. While I dont care for his playing style and want to see a separation between him and the Canucks I will put aside my opinion and look at his overall skill set.

I believe Loui had a bit of bad luck and was signed heavily to play with the twins. When that didn't work out as we all hoped to no fault of his or GM JB he showed his frustration with poor play and a lack of drive. We can't blame a guy for signing a contract he didn't draft up. That's on our management and that being said it has benefited us if you look at JBs approach in recent times. Live and learn move on.

I don't necessarily think LE buys into and fits into the brand of hockey TG is selling. Is Loui a bad player? Probably not. Is he a bad person who deserves the treatment or comments spurs in here, definitely not. I think given more OZ starts and some PP deployment he could easily net 20-25G and 50PTS. 

It's probably best for us as a franchise to use him in an offensive role where he's set up to succeed so it increases his trade value. This is a guy who's had success everywhere he's been except here. Willie D was a garbage coach there's no denying that and he hasn't exactly been given consistent linemates or opportunities in an offensive role under Green.

Pretty sick of people still whining about this guy. He's on the team and if he is given a final chance (albeit on a short leash, and he should be) it's best for all involved. If he can turn it around we can squeeze a pick out at the TDL or make a sound hockey trade. 

Pretty sad fan base sometimes reading the crap on here. We get it he's under performed in his 3 seasons. Make the most of it and it be nice to see our fans support our guys. Even if he isn't the same player he used to be it doesn't warrant constant negativity and uninformed comments. Guys an NHL player on ALOT of teams. It's just a poor contract in a cap era. Period.

I'd deploy a line up to showcase him and try to place him for success give him 20 games or so and carry 14 forwards and 7 D. At the end of those games dump one of Goldy or Baertschi or simply at that point waive Loui if it hasnt improved, Rousell will be back shortly after anyways and we need to move someone but given our cap structure were fine to do so on our own time.

Ferland     Petterson   Boeser

Miller          Horvat       Eriksson

Pearson      Sutter       Virtanan

Baertschi   Beagle       Leivo

Motte

Goldobin

Edler      Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn      Stetcher

Fatenberg.

Call up Joulevi first injury.

This thread is a total joke at this point. *Yawn*

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I wonder if we can send him back and forth from the Canucks to Utica every day just in case some team accidentally hits the claim button one day.  

Like clicking on a link just after there's a screen load movement.......love it.  But if no GM actually clicks by accident, the constant movement back and forth will surely frustrate the hell out of LE enough for him to either play better or take a trade to any team possible.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I wonder if we can send him back and forth from the Canucks to Utica every day just in case some team accidentally hits the claim button one day.  

Or maybe there's a glitch in the system and every time we demote him to Utica an additional million dollars came off our cap. No one would notice, right?

6 hours ago, sampy said:

Bro...if you average out Loui's preseason stats over an 82 games season, he's on pace for an 82 goals. He stole stem cells from Teemu Selanne in the summer...SHHH!

Edited by VIC_CITY

2 hours ago, KanNuck said:

I think given more OZ starts and some PP deployment he could easily net 20-25G and 50PTS. 

This is such an out of touch comment.  A Laine comment really.  I don't recall him being a beast with the Sedins but that's who the Canucks thought he would play "real good" with.  Yes he'd get more points with top players but other players deserve that spot more than him.  Why should he get gifted it?!!!  He should be outworking players and elevating the play of anyone who he plays with at that salary.  

6 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

This is such an out of touch comment.  A Laine comment really.  I don't recall him being a beast with the Sedins but that's who the Canucks thought he would play "real good" with.  Yes he'd get more points with top players but other players deserve that spot more than him.  Why should he get gifted it?!!!  He should be outworking players and elevating the play of anyone who he plays with at that salary.  

He shouldn't be gifted anything but fact is he's a 6M cap hit. I'd try one last time to have him turn it around and stick him strictly with Horvat and Miller hoping it does so. 20 games or so isn't the be all end all. 

I'd rather try to showcase this guy in a pure offensive role and move that cap. 

Just my two cents. Also I never said guy was or is a beast.