The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jesse Puljujarvi requests trade

There is such an obvious trade to make here as many have mentioned.  

Bring Lucic home with Puljarvi, and send them back LE and one more asset (Hutton or Goldy). 

Make this happen Benning! Seeing Juolevi and Puljujarvi on the ice together, hopefully rekindling some of the magic from the 2016 World Juniors would be awesome! Who knows, maybe when Aho and Laine become free agents they’ll come here to reunite the band lol.

Seriously though this guy has so much potential and his career is just getting started, not to mention he’s 6’4” 200 lbs at only 21. We should absolutely make Edmonton a solid offer.  

I would love to see him with Horvat and Pearson. The three of them are some big strong guys with a lot of skill. This could be the type of line that could help him reach his potential and would be very difficult for opposing defencemen to contain. 

Then sign Anders Lee as Pettersson’s LW with Boeser at RW and we’re looking good! Much stronger top six than last year. 

Edited by YearoftheNuck

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Bring Lucic home with Puljarvi, and send them back LE and one more asset (Hutton or Goldy). 

I like where you’re going with this! It’d be great if we could convince them to swap their 8th pick for 10th as well. 

I feel like Benning might be missing some of the obvious ones though and is too busy barking up the wrong trees, for instance the moment that Karlsson signed that contract, Benning should’ve been on the Sharks regarding Braun (who knows maybe he was though, as I’m obviously not privy to what’s actually going on behind the scenes lol).  

Edited by YearoftheNuck

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think people are under rating Hutton a bit, not saying he’s amazing but last year was pretty solid.  I think he should get Pulj by himself.  Also LE is way better than Lucic, faster, cheaper, shorter contract.

Pulj and Lucic for LE and Goldobin seems more fair though as Goldobin is close to waiver wire. 

Edited by brian42
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I like where you’re going with this! It’d be great if we could convince them to swap their 8th pick for 10th as well. 

I feel like Benning might be missing some of the obvious ones though and is too busy barking up the wrong trees, for instance the moment that Karlsson signed that contract, Benning should’ve been on the Sharks regarding Braun (who knows maybe he was though, as I’m obviously not privy to what’s actually going on behind the scenes lol).  

The Sharks were looking for picks to create cap space.  Benning was not going to give up a 2nd and a 3rd for a 32 year old D whose contract is up next year.  

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Lucic + Pooly (and a 2nd if I had it my way) for Eriksson really is the trade to make. It's making more and more sense as things develop further. 

Respectfully disagree. Would rather go for Colin Miller and Ryan Reaves. There is going to be some serioud buyers remorse on Lucic.

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Loui and Lucic aren’t NHL players anymore.  Is Puljujarvi an NHL player?  Not at the moment he’s not.  Goldy isn’t either.  I think we keep 10, and our crap.  The Oilers can keep 8 and their crap.  Their crap is kind of worse than ours. 

I tend to agree with you. There has to be more coming back than Lujic and Pooly for Loui. Not that moving Loui is not warranted. With retention I think LE has some interest with other teams. His beeking off over in Sweden could have killed a Sutter trade in the sense that a vet presence is needed in the bottom six. 

With Edler signed it likely gives Benning better leeway towards more deals. Next ten days will be exciting. After all this is our playoff excitement in lieu of no playoffs!:towel:

• Upvote 1

Let's not be too quick to send assets off for Poolparty. The kid is 90% likely to be a bust. CBJ passed on him because they thought he was the dumbest kid in the draft and the last few years haven't exactly proven that wrong.

So "potential" is great and all, but for all those people saying Hutton or whoever, remember you're likely sending Edmonton something for absolutely nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Puljujarvi  is definitely not a top 6 forward .  If he is a top 6 forward , you would think all the GMs in the league would be all over him right now.    Ken Holland just made it look like the player wants out.  Instead it is Edmonton who wants to get rid of him.