The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

Like I said....we need another 3 Dmen.  I'm thinking cup, not competitive.

Yes but we don't need 3 Chabot's with that core now (assuming they are developed well). The reality is they all have top 4 potential so really if they can attain close to their ceilings all we need is depth, which we have. Having one more draft pick surprise gives us flexibility

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

If not for injuries Warriors would have won again. I love basketball but the NHL is far superior to watch than the NBA. People think NHLers have too much power don’t realize just how strong NBA players are. I didn’t watch any NBA the last couple years because of the lack of parity. Even Charles Barkely advocated NHL over NBA. Lol. Still love me some basketball though :( Raps did us proud. 

That's it. The Warriors have so talent they just blow everyone out of the water. How many years have they made the finals? I honestly don't know. I won't discredit the athleticism of NBA players. They're pro's for a reason. 

The Raptors winning is good for Canadian sport. Love it. Glad a team that hasn't won a championship ever won. 

In the NHL we saw two teams who haven't won a cup win in the last two years. That hasn't really happened in any pro sports lately. It makes for better storylines and keeps it fresh.

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Like I said....we need another 3 Dmen.  I'm thinking cup, not competitive.

Juolevi and Woo have big upside. Time will tell if one or both of them can become a first pairing guy.

We definitely need another high end D-man in the mix though, whether through trade or the draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kaliyev, Brink, Lavoie, Leason, Korczak, Dorofeyev all passed over on day 1.

All would be great picks for us @ 40 tomorrow.

Korczak is my personal favourite, but I didn't think Kaliyev would make it through the first round. Top 10-15 upside, must be some big concerns. 

Good list! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Juolevi and Woo have big upside. Time will tell if one or both of them can become a first pairing guy.

We definitely need another high end D-man in the mix though, whether through trade or the draft. 

No Vancouver Canuck fan with any sense of historical knowledge would be happy with 4 solid defensemen.  History tells us we need 10 legitimate NHLers with 6-7 that are considered very solid.  Injuries are a right of passage here when it counts.

GMs more focused on vacationing in Vancouver than improving their hockey clubs it would seem. Whole lot of hype for nothing.

This is why you gotta complete any trades in the lead up to the draft. Once that time crunch hits GMs get gun shy.

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He's a must gamble at 40. We need goal scoring and lazy in two zones or not, that's an easy steal. 

The only guy I'd take before him would be Korczak, but I agree. The upside is great.

At this point I really wonder how far he'll fall though. Maybe a team like us that picked high is looking at him as a steal early in the 2nd, or maybe there's major concerns and he falls to the third. 

I know teams have 'don't draft' lists, but with how many projects went at the end of that round, I really wonder where he'll go.