The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

14 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Just here to troll, bud. Trolling by having rational expectations on a kid that everybody on cbc claims is gonna be the next Messier

Yes, when you choose to make blatantly dishonest statements like this to belittle and annoy the Canucks fans, it is evident that you are just here to troll.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Yep that's me. Just here to troll since 2007 on these forums, bud. Been right about most of the stuff I post but dare I put realistic outlooks on a kid by saying his iq is average and that he has plenty of time to figure it out but he's not the exceptional player everybody is glorifying him to be. 

I said Pettersson was elite in the world juniors because you could see how high his iq was. Probably was trolling then. I'm saying Hoglander is real close to ready and just needs fine details of slowing the play down to be a big contributor and has high iq for his age. I'm trolling there, likely. 

Just here to troll, bud. Trolling by having rational expectations on a kid that everybody on cbc claims is gonna be the next Messier. 

Pods hockey iq is his best attribute 

5 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, when you choose to make blatantly dishonest statements like this to belittle and annoy the Canucks fans, it is evident that you are just here to troll.

Don’t mistake lack of intelligence with trolling. Lets him off the hook.

Any way, people read too much into comparisons thinking “he said he’s Messier, how many Cups does Pod have? Hurr durr”. When it’s almost always just a stylistic thing.

We're suppose to use facts in our posts man no wonder no one likes mine lmfao 

@MikeyD is not a troll ha 

he sees something different then other people and those people are the reason I enjoy coming here , it opens my mind and once in awhile I learn something ha 

just because he sees VP one way , maybe trying to change his mind with clips of VP showing of his hockey IQ instead of just calling him a troll would be the smarter move but that's just me. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

We're suppose to use facts in our posts man no wonder no one likes mine lmfao 

@MikeyD is not a troll ha 

he sees something different then other people and those people are the reason I enjoy coming here , it opens my mind and once in awhile I learn something ha 

just because he sees VP one way , maybe trying to change his mind with clips of VP showing of his hockey IQ instead of just calling him a troll would be the smarter move but that's just me. 

Fir myself it’s a poster who celebrates “being right” about the bustaroos we’ve had as prospects to announce that Pods will bustaroo too.  What real Canuck’s fan would rather celebrate their being right over the team’s success?  To me that indicates:  a cute one of these. :lol:

3B6C47EF-8674-4B97-80F6-3CBC17BBCDBF.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fir myself it’s a poster who celebrates “being right” about the bustaroos we’ve had as prospects to announce that Pods will bustaroo too.  What real Canuck’s fan would rather celebrate their being right over the team’s success?  To me that indicates:  a cute one of these. :lol:

I agree but MikeyD didn't say VP would be a bad player.

he questioned an aspect of VPs game and why call him a troll when you can show a highlight video of VP and see he has good hockey sense but not on a petey or Hughes level or even on the level of other great players like that scum bag....cause right now we don't know until his in the NHL. 

its a fair point of view 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but MikeyD didn't say VP would be a bad player.

he questioned an aspect of VPs game and why call him a troll when you can show a highlight video of VP and see he has good hockey sense but not on a petey or Hughes level or even on the level of other great players like that scum bag....cause right now we don't know until his in the NHL. 

its a fair point of view 

A Canuck’s fan who brags about predicting previous draft picks becoming bustaroos to justify his negative opinions about Pods is (IMO) not a true fan.  What true fan wants their prospects to bustaroo, and then brags about being right? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A Canuck’s fan who brags about predicting previous draft picks becoming bustaroos to justify his negative opinions about Pods is (IMO) not a true fan.  What true fan wants their prospects to bustaroo, and then brags about being right? 

He gave you reasons why he feels his right and that's fair. 

Also it's not like he only put negative posts out there about prospects. 

What your talking about is blind faith......not always a good thing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

You're the last person that should be calling anyone a troll. Your homerism is bordering on apollo levels.

Everyone has a different opinion. Respect it.

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

He gave you reasons why he feels his right and that's fair. 

Also it's not like he only put negative posts out there about prospects. 

What your talking about is blind faith......not always a good thing. 

Okay, shall do. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

When have I said he was gonna be a bust? I've said contrary multiple times. I'm just saying he's going to have a slower development than people think for his offensive game because he hasn't put the offensive pieces together. He has moments of brilliance with the pucks but he has multiple moments of over complicating the game in most of the games he plays. He's just inconsistent, that's all. He still has an extraordinarily high ceiling, but he's a project. Just like Jim Benning said he'd be when he drafted him. 

I'm not against him, I'm rooting for him 100%, I just think as CDC is prone to, and we see it in literally every single one of our prospects, that people are really looking at him with rose coloured glasses and aren't seeing any negative aspects in his game that he certainly has. I was excited for this pick when it was taken, I still am but I'm underwhelmed with his development in some areas of his game since last year. I'm hoping he puts the pieces together because who wouldn't want a player like that on your team? I just have a difference in opinion and I think it's laughable everybody thinks he'd light it up if we inserted him into the lineup today. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

When have I said he was gonna be a bust? I've said contrary multiple times. I'm just saying he's going to have a slower development than people think for his offensive game because he hasn't put the offensive pieces together. He has moments of brilliance with the pucks but he has multiple moments of over complicating the game in most of the games he plays. He's just inconsistent, that's all. He still has an extraordinarily high ceiling, but he's a project. Just like Jim Benning said he'd be when he drafted him. 

I'm not against him, I'm rooting for him 100%, I just think as CDC is prone to, and we see it in literally every single one of our prospects, that people are really looking at him with rose coloured glasses and aren't seeing any negative aspects in his game that he certainly has. I was excited for this pick when it was taken, I still am but I'm underwhelmed with his development in some areas of his game since last year. I'm hoping he puts the pieces together because who wouldn't want a player like that on your team? I just have a difference in opinion and I think it's laughable everybody thinks he'd light it up if we inserted him into the lineup today. 

Good post.  We all just want our team to win. :towel:

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm purely speculating here BUTTTTTT I think his development path and style of play may actually be similar to our very own Mr. Horvat.  Pretty much all I've seen of him is watching the world juniors so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt but I think he'll be able to step into the NHL fairly quickly and be a reliable player but the production may take a couple years before it really shows.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'm purely speculating here BUTTTTTT I think his development path and style of play may actually be similar to our very own Mr. Horvat.  Pretty much all I've seen of him is watching the world juniors so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt but I think he'll be able to step into the NHL fairly quickly and be a reliable player but the production may take a couple years before it really shows.  

I would say this is a pretty decent assessment. Lots of similarities. Bo tended to overcomplicate as well but also one thing that Bo didn't do early on in his career was play risky hockey. He played it very safe and I think it hurt his point totals in his first couple seasons. Once he branched out and started playing more similarly to how he played in juniors then he excelled a lot more. This year I think he's regressed a bit to playing safe hockey again and I think it's hurting his game again. 

However I think I'd be surprised if Podz played it safe coming in. I just can't for whatever reason envision with his play style of being a safe player coming into the league. But I agree with a lot of your assessment for sure on the production side of things. Here's to hoping Vasily comes in guns ablazing. 

• Cheers 3

I've scoured all Russian websites and I don't see Podkolzin listed for games in any of the three leagues (KHL, MHL or VHL) 

Is he resting after playing so much in the junior tournament?

I could see an interesting future line of:

Hoglander        -            Pettersson        -            Podkolzin 

Finisher/ Playmaker - Finisher/ Playmaker - Powerforward/Grinder/Spacemaker 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Cheers 1