The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

SKA can't do anything on their pp.

0 for 3 in the 2nd. 

Players skating back to the bench looking dejected.  

Can they hear the broom?

Podz hopefully gets more ice time in the 3rd.

Is this the deciding game of the series?

35 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Anyone know if the Worlds are happening?

Haven't heard, but it would definitely make sense to cancel them.

If the Canucks do actually finish out their schedule, I don't think there is any way to accomplish that before the middle of May, which could see Podkolzin in a Canucks uniform this year if he comes over right after the season is over to start quarantine.

• Cheers 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, aGENT said:

So... Yes? 

:bigblush:

Putin is not known to have a favorite KHL team. The major sponsor of CSKa is the largest Russian oil company, the major sponsor of SKA is the largest Russian gas company ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

In case anyone is wondering why CSKA is up 3-0 in this series against SKA, I would say that the CSKA head coach Nikitin beat Valery Bragin tactically. CSKA is playing exactly like Jacques Lemaire's teams in the past (New Jersey 1993-98 and Minnesota Wild 2000-09) - defense first, quick counter-attacks, very boring to watch. Russian experts are complaining that CSKA players are like robots - they play emotionless, effectively closing passing and scoring lines, not giving opponents much chances to score. They play like chess game, not hockey :)

On the other hand, SKA is more about offence. If they don't score, they are going to loose. Another problem for SKA is that Lars Johansson, Swedish goalkeeper for CSKA, is very effective against SKA in playoffs. The goal which SKA scored in first period today was the first one they scored to Johansson in any playoff game. SKA could not score to Johansson in 293 min 54 secs total (playoff games).

its interesting that SKA coach doesn't seem to think Podkolzin would be effective against this style of play. Is there any Russian media insight as to why he's not playing VP very much? 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its interesting that SKA coach doesn't seem to think Podkolzin would be effective against this style of play. Is there any Russian media insight as to why he's not playing VP very much? 

19 years old, is my guess

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Who cares, he's out of there. :canucks: I hope we sign him to play some games this year to get his feet wet. Does it burn a year if he plays less than 7 games or whatever that limit is?

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Who cares, he's out of there. :canucks: I hope we sign him to play some games this year to get his feet wet. Does it burn a year if he plays less than 7 games or whatever that limit is?

actually I'm not sure what his status is for burning a year as per number of games needed  - @mll might be able to shed light on this 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

In case anyone is wondering why CSKA is up 3-0 in this series against SKA, I would say that the CSKA head coach Nikitin beat Valery Bragin tactically. CSKA is playing exactly like Jacques Lemaire's teams in the past (New Jersey 1993-98 and Minnesota Wild 2000-09) - defense first, quick counter-attacks, very boring to watch. Russian experts are complaining that CSKA players are like robots - they play emotionless, effectively closing passing and scoring lines, not giving opponents much chances to score. They play like chess game, not hockey :)

On the other hand, SKA is more about offence. If they don't score, they are going to loose. Another problem for SKA is that Lars Johansson, Swedish goalkeeper for CSKA, is very effective against SKA in playoffs. The goal which SKA scored in first period today was the first one they scored to Johansson in any playoff game. SKA could not score to Johansson in 293 min 54 secs total (playoff games).

Yes very strong defensive scheme the CSKA coach has. I noticed it earlier in the season.  I think CSKA will win the cup. Have any KHL coaches transferred to the NHL? 

As for Podz I think he had a better first game than his second game. He brought the battle to the boards. The second game CSKA attacked Podz more through the neutral zone.  There was less board battles for him in the 2nd game.  The third game at home there were tons of board battles, I think with first line change, but Podz 'lost' his chance, so to speak. The SKA goalie flops to his butterfly so hard and fast that his shoulders touch the tops of his goalie pads, he goes flat, it exposes so much of the top of the net. CSKA seems to get a  soft goal every game. 

• Cheers 1