The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aidan McDonough | #25 | LW

On 1/20/2023 at 10:49 PM, Alflives said:

Sadly this guy can just wait until August and he’s a UFA.  IMHAO that’s exactly what he will do.  Don’t even know why he’s even considered one of our prospects.  He’s going elsewhere.  Likely signs with the Bruins. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Great news! 

Canucks have also stated repeatedly that they intend to offer him an ELC, so looks like it’s pretty much a done deal he’ll be coming here, once Northeastern is eliminated (or wins it all ;)).

2 year ELC since he'll still be 23 by September of this year, right? 

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

2 year ELC since he'll still be 23 by September of this year, right? 

Yeah, two years.

Due to his age and birthdate, all the scenarios were two year deals.

The only question was whether he’d sign with the Canucks this Spring and burn this season, or start his deal in 2023-24 (which would happen if he went to free agency, or, highly unlikely, took an ATO with the AHL Canucks for 2022-23 and an NHL deal starting next year)

1 hour ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

I don't recall the last player we had coming out of college that didn't sign with the team.  It feels like we've been pretty fortunate on that front, unless I'm missing something.

I can’t recall the last player we had coming out of college that actually turned out to be a decent player. Kevin Bieksa? I don’t want to see Troy Stetcher thrown around he’s been through waivers multiple times and is fighting for a league min contract 

Brock Boeser? But he was a first rounder 

8 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I can’t recall the last player we had coming out of college that actually turned out to be a decent player. Kevin Bieksa? I don’t want to see Troy Stetcher thrown around he’s been through waivers multiple times and is fighting for a league min contract 

Brock Boeser? But he was a first rounder 

Quinn Hughes is pretty good. ;) 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1