The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van and Vegas

Vegas is really hard against the cap and have some hard decisions to make.

To Vancouver:

Shea Theodore

2020 4th round pick

To Vegas:

Hutton

Virtanen 

2020 2nd round pick

Vegas plays a fast game which Virtanen should fit nicely into, and Hutton would give them solid player on defense and would fit into their budget a little easier.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Shea Theodore is a nice player, but I would rather target Colin Miller. He's a little bit older (26), but he's a right handed shot that can put up points, which is something we desperately need. I'm actually surprised his name hasn't come up in more of these trade rumors. 

Not sure that Miller would shed enough salary for them, plus Theodore is a hometown kid

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure that Miller would shed enough salary for them, plus Theodore is a hometown kid

I'd still prefer Miller, even if we had to take a bit of a cap dump as well in order to make it work. 

That being said, I certainly wouldn't say no to Theodore either. Could slot right into Edler's spot when we finally cut ties with him in a couple years. I'm not overly concerned with losing Hutton, but Virtanen and the 2nd is a pretty steep price, especially considering that may leave us without a pick in the first two rounds next season if we make the playoffs.

Value seems reasonable though. One of the better proposals I've seen lately.

• Upvote 1

Would that shed enough salary to make it worth it for Vegas? 

Shea is only making 5.2, Virtanen @ 1.25 and Hutton has been rumored to be asking around 4.

They would likely ask us to take Clarkson's contact as well, which I would be willing to do. 

I'm guessing VGK will attempt to shed some of the more replaceable guys like Miller, Haula or Eakins for picks and replace them with minimum salary guys. 

34 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Would that shed enough salary to make it worth it for Vegas? 

Shea is only making 5.2, Virtanen @ 1.25 and Hutton has been rumored to be asking around 4.

They would likely ask us to take Clarkson's contact as well, which I would be willing to do. 

I'm guessing VGK will attempt to shed some of the more replaceable guys like Miller, Haula or Eakins for picks and replace them with minimum salary guys. 

Could live with that. Although, if we were taking Clarkson back, our 2nd becomes their 2nd.

Edited by VegasCanuck

Clarkson's contract, Miller, Hague for Hutton, Woo, 4rd.  

Vegas sheds approximately 10mil in salary instantaneously and gets a capable roster player to replace Miller ( Not saying hutton is as good as Miller but he's a serviceable, affordable player).  The younger defenceman are a wash essentially but Hague is farther on his development curve imo and could begin contributing sooner.  The 4th is a throw-in and could be replaced by whatever JB decides.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Vegas sheds approximately 10mil in salary instantaneously and gets a capable roster player to replace Miller ( Not saying hutton is as good as Miller but he's a serviceable, affordable player).  The younger defenceman are a wash essentially but Hague is farther on his development curve imo and could begin contributing sooner.  The 4th is a throw-in and could be replaced by whatever JB decides.

Put OJ in instead of Woo and I'm so game. 

Woo is a rare breed in my books. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

matthew mcconaughey ok GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

And a Ford ( 4'rd ) lol

the-price-is-right-1024x640.jpg

Edited by 6string

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Gusev

Colin Miller

Clarkson’s contract 

for 

Tanev 50% retained

Virtanen

a pick

This is the start of what any trade to Vegas should look like. I think Gusev is asking for 5.5+ a year! Vegas can’t afford him but we can. I’d run the risk of paying him that much right away. This guy is going to be great!

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Shea Theodore is a nice player, but I would rather target Colin Miller. He's a little bit older (26), but he's a right handed shot that can put up points, which is something we desperately need. I'm actually surprised his name hasn't come up in more of these trade rumors. 

Would be funny if we traded for 2 Millers in one summer. But I agree he would have been a great acquisition for us

Gusev 

Theadore 

Miller 

all seem like good targets.  I think Tanev 50% retained and JV are both good trade chips as those should be low cap hits.  I might be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind adding another draft pick if we have a solid team all locked up under the cap and at young ages, we’re not gonna be worried about question mark draft picks.