The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Hilarious to listen to all the Ferraros walk back their drama around Myers.    Er 7 years x 7 or 8 millionz?  Cool story Ray.

Burkie loves the signing.

I'm with you Burkie.

This is a great signing term and dollars wise.  A large RHD and Benn a very solid LHD depth.  I would've preferred a more dynamic defenseman, but I am not going to nitpick.  Based off of the past free agency's for all teams, I certainly expected this to be closer to 7x7 or at least 6x6.  The 5 years is very solid.  Considering that Lee is asking for 9.  The Miller + Myers combo deal looks very solid at this point.  Not to mention, the team looks like a much bigger team.  Collin Miller for a couple of picks would've been nice, but the same deal probably wasn't available for Vancouver due to them being in the same division.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Why to be confirmed?? Some mystery team slid in a last minute bid? Oh boy... Myers could be asking for 7x7 now!!!

Just waiting for 100% word from the Canucks, NHL etc. Haven't heard anything in a bit.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People think Myers is getting overpaid at $6M a season for 5 years? Seriously?

There was endless drama around 7 x 7/8 - and a lot of those folks are trying to walk back, but maintain the underlying myths - as if he's really only a 5, can't defend, etc.

• Cheers 1

Just now, highwayman3 said:

I don't mind PK at all, and I know people who have met him in real life.  Why wouldn't we want PK in our room?

I like him too.  He’s fun to watch.  He’s got a reputation for having a super large, take over s room, personality.  Not good with a young core.  Looks like a me first player.  

4 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

I don't think you know what sheltered means.  It doesn't relate to your partner.

I don't think you know what sheltered means.  It certainly relates to your partner, and your situational use - Myers was in no way 'sheltered'.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm just wondering who's gonna pay Jake Gardiner.

So much pointless prattle/noise around Myers getting overpaid.

my $ is on Montreal. 

Looking at what Hainsey and Ryan Murray just got, the Myers deal looks even better.