The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tyler Motte

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

At least he'll still be an RFA.

Probably get a better deal next time.

Yeah I'm thinking this could be the perfect play for both sides. If he has a year as good as last year you can lock him up on a 3 year term, he is the perfect 4th line player and comes cheap. From mottes camps perspective this is a show me deal, he wants to show he can do even more and get paid for it. I'm good with either scenario!

• Upvote 1

Stop it.

Get some help.

If he was “the perfect 4th line player” he’d be 6’5, fast and played the same brand. 

Not 5 foot 10 and 192 lbs at weigh-in... in September, not April. 

The creed-bar of low expectations is a cult phenomenon here. 

Having got that ditty out there, awesome, good signing. Glad to have him back and on a 2-way to boot. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Stop it.

Get some help.

If he was “the perfect 4th line player” he’d be 6’5, fast and played the same brand. 

Having got that ditty out there, awesome, good signing. Glad to have him back and on a 2-way to boot. 

Perfect as far as cost to performance and style of play.

If there was a "6’5, fast and played the same brand" player on the market the numbers would be north of 3 million... that's the opposite of perfect.

So stop it and get some help!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

He has a unique skill set and good teams, even great teams, have value players in a bottom six role just like this guy. 

He has a little Kirk Maltby / Chris Draper thing going (I still think of those two as one player). 

I thought I was alone.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Perfect as far as cost to performance and style of play.

If there was a "6’5, fast and played the same brand" player on the market the numbers would be north of 3 million... that's the opposite of perfect.

So stop it and get some help!

:frantic:

Google that word. 

Just do it. 

See if you learn something about the English language which you can become a fisher of men with. 

I like having him on a 1 year deal. Gives him all the motivation to play better. He was contributing offense pretty well for the first half of the season considering he was playing with Beagle and then came along Eriksson, who completely sucked the life out of that line. Assuming he makes the roster, I would like to see MacEwan play on his line to add some size. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Motte for Selke, 2022-23  

Book it!  :) 

His 200 hits put him 1st on the canucks by a mile and at #26 in the entire league. But it's his insanely low 10 PIM's that screams Lady Byng:P

Edited by coryberg
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Stop it.

Get some help.

If this was the old school NHL then I'd agree with you.

However, times have changed over the past 20 years and I don't think size has anything to do with what's the perfect 4th liner anymore. It's the same with the prototypical stay at home defensemen being ditched for more mobile defensemen. It's all about mobility and the willingness to grind now more than it is size.

As far as Motte goes, I'm not going to say he's perfect, but there are a lot  6 foot 5 players aren't perfect 4th line players either.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

No, it doesn't.

7.7 is a bogus calculation from Capfriendly - that includes all signed D - 10 of them, including Sautner, Brisebois and Fantenberg - nnd it includes 13 forwards already, 2 of whom will have to make way for Boeser and Leivo,, with Goldobin on the edge competing for a spot.

In other words - add about 4 million of cap space to account for the players already  included in that calculation that will not be on the roster.

Nice to see someone understands how the CAP works.

• Cheers 1