The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Intro Song for Next Season pls....

Rate this topic

RakuRaku

Fellow CDC's! Not sure what most of you think but the current intro song is a tad annoying.... "Get... Get... Get... loud for it... Get.... Get.... " x50....  I almost get myself off out of frustration!

I want to hear what you guys think of some suggestions:

1) Bring back the classic: Where Streets Have No Name by U2! :towel:

2) Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons - gets fans pumped up :P

3) Happy by Pharrell Williams - brings a happy mood... win or lose! :rolleyes:

4) I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas - party mood?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Nope, here we go, as in "great, yet another goal song thread" by The Unoriginals.

I said Intro... not goals.... I don't recall seeing another similar thread recently.. but if you don't have any suggestions, you may remain silent?? 

".... and you didn't even sense my sarcasm" by The SmartAss

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I said Intro... not goals.... I don't recall seeing another similar thread recently.. but if you don't have any suggestions, you may remain silent?? 

".... and you didn't even sense my sarcasm" by The SmartAss

I 100% did, hence my response in return. Sorry, maybe you haven't been around long enough on CDC to know how many goal/intro song debates and threads there have been over the years. 

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I 100% did, hence my response in return. Sorry, maybe you haven't been around long enough on CDC to know how many goal/intro song debates and threads there have been over the years. 

OK fair point mate... so what do you suggest?

The intro is absolutely brutal. Embarrassing to be honest. I attended about 5 games last year with different groups of people and every game we cringed during that intro. 

EDIT: While we're at it here, who's brilliant idea was it to enter the ice through the zamboni entrance? What possible benefit does that serve? 

Because the net has to be taken off and the camera crew is one the ice, the Canucks are forced to skate an awkward half lap between the centre line and the top of the circles. I know this is a major nit pick, but for some reason it drives me insane. 

Edited by Pepe Silvia

I think we need to retire the U2 intro. We are in a new era of Canucks hockey so it’s time to move on from it. 

But yeah, Get Loud for Me was an awful choice. I’d like some rock song like “The Immigrant Song”  by Led Zeppelin or Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain”. That’s just me though. But No matter what we choose, someone will not like it. Because you can’t please everyone-_-

• Cheers 1