The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Andre Burakovsky

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Scary amount of cap space for a team that's a lot closer to contending for a cup than most people realize.  They could use a couple more guys like this though.

Find myself sometime being a little jealous of the Avs....

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Scary amount of cap space for a team that's a lot closer to contending for a cup than most people realize.  They could use a couple more guys like this though.

Very young team too with a lot on the pipeline. 

Powerhouse for a long time to come. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

They kind of remind me of the WCE Canucks. I think goaltending is their weak link, but if they get a confident Grubauer in the playoffs, then teams better worry. Hopefully karma doesn't have one of their stars never be the same after a cheap shot.

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...

Lol Colorado Joe at his finest :lol:

high wiz khalifa GIF

Boy does the Goldobin contract look good... 

Not only did Colorado Joe sewer some picks to land him... But also paid him 3.25 LOL

2019-Jun-28 Traded from Washington Capitals to Colorado Avalanche for Scott Kosmachuk, round 2 pick in the 2020 draft and round 3 pick in the 2020 draft

Would like to personally thank Colorado Joe for not working for the Canucks. Maybe I'll send him a gift basket? 

Long live Nikolay Goldobin :wub:

• Wat 1

On 9/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, morrissex95 said:

Dude that Duchene trade was highway robbery they got Girard, Byram, Kamenev and Bowers for Duchene. Highway robbery. 

You're right.

The one instance where Colorado Joe did well was in a trade with Ottawa... Ottawa is arguably the only other team that's a bigger laughing stock than Colorado Joe's team. 

Then again Ottawa is in Canada so that automatically makes them better than dumpster Colorado ;)

5 hours ago, apollo said:

You're right.

The one instance where Colorado Joe did well was in a trade with Ottawa... Ottawa is arguably the only other team that's a bigger laughing stock than Colorado Joe's team. 

Then again Ottawa is in Canada so that automatically makes them better than dumpster Colorado ;)

How so? With Byram and Makar, Colorado will be one of the best teams in the west in 2 or 3 years. Add in their big 3 forwards and that's gotta be the best core 5 players a team could ask for.

10 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

How so? With Byram and Makar, Colorado will be one of the best teams in the west in 2 or 3 years. Add in their big 3 forwards and that's gotta be the best core 5 players a team could ask for.

Mark my words... Joe Sakic as a player, manager, coach, gm, whatever... Will NEVER be anything and never be a winner in the salary cap Era. 

Big whoop he won some cups on stacked teams when the Avalanche were spending 90 million and teams like vancouver were spending only 30 mill 

Colorado Joe is the most overrated man in hockey. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Mark my words... Joe Sakic as a player, manager, coach, gm, whatever... Will NEVER be anything and never be a winner in the salary cap Era. 

Big whoop he won some cups on stacked teams when the Avalanche were spending 90 million and teams like vancouver were spending only 30 mill 

Burnaby Joe* 

Why so much hate?

We should show some respect to Homegrown talent.. the man was a great player lol being a homer is nice but at what expense.. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Burnaby Joe* 

Why so much hate?

We should show some respect to Homegrown talent.. the man was a great player lol being a homer is nice but at what expense.. 

he did get a nice ovation at the draft. 

15 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Burnaby Joe* 

Why so much hate?

I just don't feel he did much for the province that paid the taxes to run the rinks he trained at, the hospitals he used, the schools, etc... 

Homegrown talent that never gave back to the province. 

Look at guys like Crosby, Gallagher, Mackinnon, subban, I could go on and on... About guys that gave back to their hometown 10 fold than "Burnaby" Joe did... Hence why I call him Colorado Joe. 

I've hated the Avs ever since 2001 when I saw my first Canucks game... Game 4 of the first round series. I hated them when they beat us and I still hated them when the Sedins ABSOLUTELY PUMMELED them during their Era... At some point we had a record of 25-1-1 against them. 

When was the last time Joe came back and coached some minor hockey here? Hes probably made 100 mill + in his career and I see no donations to the city... Nothing colossal. 

With great power comes great responsibility... And as for responsibility, Joe certainly didn't fulfill much to his home town. 

I guess I don't like his set of morals. 

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Overrated or not, he's assembled one hell of a core moving forward.