3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Its not a slight to roussel at all. 

LW              C

Ferland.   Petet.   Boeser 

Pearson Horvat.  Miller

Baer.     Sutter.  Virtanen

Roussel  Beagle Leivo

Motte

Who does roussel replace when he comes bck after his knee injury? He may struggle after mising the first few months of the season.

Baer unfortunately has a tendency to get hurt, that’s likely the spot that will open up.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Baer unfortunately has a tendency to get hurt, that’s likely the spot that will open up.

Good point, but i hope his luck has changed.

Next person that hits baer in the head will see me take his head ala Tiger Williams / Bob Myers.:frantic:

A mix of the following in the bottom 6

Roussel Sutter Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Leivo

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Scary to think that if we had to pick one of those horrendous contracts/players - I'd probably take Loui's as ridiculous as it sounds.  At least he's not 'actively' hurting the team every moment he's on the ice like some of those other plugs on that list.

Could make the argument for Okposo over Eriksson. Okposo had back to back 40 point seasons prior to last season, has more points in his first 2 seasons with Buffalo than Eriksson has in his 3 years here. He's 31, Eriksson is 34. Downside being he has 4 years left and Eriksson has 3. Both ugly contracts but it's pretty close imo. At least at some point Okposo had done some good on his team as far as point production. Eriksson has largely been invisible.

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Its not a slight to roussel at all. 

LW              C

Ferland.   Petet.   Boeser 

Pearson Horvat.  Miller

Baer.     Sutter.  Virtanen

Roussel  Beagle Leivo

Motte

Who does roussel replace when he comes bck after his knee injury? He may struggle after mising the first few months of the season.

Waive Biega (not that I don't like him, but he's replaceable) and keep 14 forwards. That is if we don't have an injury up front by that point anyway.

22 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Waive Biega (not that I don't like him, but he's replaceable) and keep 14 forwards. That is if we don't have an injury up front by that point anyway.

Ya, Biega would be the odd man out if Goldobin is still on the roster at that point. But the more likely scenario would be someone else ends up on IR and we don't need to send anyone down unless it was an injury call up. Knowing our luck, we may have several players on IR...

12 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Honestly, not looking to “defend” him either - but if we can’t move him there’s worse fates than Beagle and Loui on your 4th line.  (I’d prefer Motte/Leivo as I’m sure most would.) But at least Beagle/Loui can play some defense.  

The worst part would undoubtedly be sifting through the hilaaaarious “10 million dollar 4th line” comments ad nauseam. 

Eriksson - Beagle - Sutter. 13.5 million dollar 4th kind but we can realistically role it out this year as a checking line and still compete with other teams easily

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Don't worry, we can get that up to 14.5 million dollar fourth line by putting Sutter on right wing.

12 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Eriksson - Beagle - Sutter. 13.5 million dollar 4th kind but we can realistically role it out this year as a checking line and still compete with other teams easily

To address this topic seriously, I haven’t seen any indication from management or coaches that Sutter is pegged for the 4th line.  

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

So, Fantenberg is the 7th D?

Always go with 8 D men, it's much easier for a d man to fill in on the 4th line wing, then a forward to fill in for a D. Biega does very well for 1 or 2 games as a F.

Schaller, Goldy and Eriksson will likely be in the minors.

I think it would be best for Gaudette, Goldy and Juolevi to play big minutes in the A. Being a Healthy scratch is bad for their development.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Stupid enter button

20 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

'4th liner at best' isn't accurate. He's been ranked in the top 20 PK players in the league and has put up ~30ish pts. Not worth the salary but hardly that description. 

Probably still middle of the pack of the hardest to move contacts, unless you're Calgary :lol:

This can be true, is it? I’d have to see that report. 

He’s not even one of canucks top PKers. He only averaged 1:11 per game. 5 of our forwards played more on the PK. 

I’d say granlund is better. He played double the SH/TOI per game and scored more goals and only put up 7 points less. Better plus minus and has the ability to play center. He just signed for 1.3 million. That should tell you all you need to know about how crappy LE has become. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This can be true, is it? I’d have to see that report. 

He’s not even one of canucks top PKers. He only averaged 1:11 per game. 5 of our forwards played more on the PK. 

I’d say granlund is better. He played double the SH/TOI per game and scored more goals and only put up 7 points less. Better plus minus and has the ability to play center. He just signed for 1.3 million. That should tell you all you need to know about how crappy LE has become. 

Loui is not an NHL player.  He’s barely an AHL player, which is where he will need to play if he wants to collect any more salary.  

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Not looking to defend Eriksson here, but 4th liners did you have in mind? Who can also put up 10(ish) goals and 25(ish) points per season?

regards,  G.

21 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

'4th liner at best' isn't accurate. He's been ranked in the top 20 PK players in the league and has put up ~30ish pts. Not worth the salary but hardly that description. 

Probably still middle of the pack of the hardest to move contacts, unless you're Calgary :lol:

Because he was gifted top 6 minutes and didn't produce, so he was deployed 3rd or 4th line, if a scorer is not scoring he better be able to play bottom 6 and PK, again which many new and current canucks are better then loui.

Eriksson had 29 points 16 of those points came in 6 games spread over the season.

9 of those 16 points came against Ottawa, Florida and Buffalo over 3 games.

Loui went 7, 8, 10 and 14 games without a point for 39 games, also smaller scoring slumps.

So Eriksson with 81gp - 6 games = 75 games where he scored 13 points.

78 games he scored 20 points, is that not 4th liner or AHL fodder?

Roussel was on 40p pace over 82 games. 

Goldobin was on pace for 35p over 82 Games.

Motte was on pace for 20ish over 82Games.

Baer was on pace for 45-50 over 82games

Pearson was on pace for 50 points over 82

games, after trade to van.

Ferland 40-50 over 82 games.

Miller 47 points in 75 games as a 3rd liner in Tampa, should improve on that total. 

Boeser will be 70+ points if he plays 82

Pettersson 80+ 

Horvat 60-70+

Leivo since trade on pace for 30

Virtanen On pace for 35 over 82, should improve.

Sutter 30-40 if he stays healthy with better linemates.

Beagle 20-25.

Who does loui out perform?

Ferland Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Pearson

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Roussel/motte Beagle Leivo

Goldobin

Eriksson, in the AHL where he belongs.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Because he was gifted top 6 minutes and didn't produce, so he was deployed 3rd or 4th line, if a scorer is not scoring he better be able to play bottom 6 and PK, again which many new and current canucks are better then loui.

Eriksson had 29 points 16 of those points came in 6 games spread over the season.

9 of those 16 points came against Ottawa, Florida and Buffalo over 3 games.

Loui went 7, 8, 10 and 14 games without a point for 39 games, also smaller scoring slumps.

So Eriksson with 81gp - 6 games = 75 games where he scored 13 points.

78 games he scored 20 points, is that not 4th liner or AHL fodder?

Roussel was on 40p pace over 82 games. 

Goldobin was on pace for 35p over 82 Games.

Motte was on pace for 20ish over 82Games.

Baer was on pace for 45-50 over 82games

Pearson was on pace for 50 points over 82

games, after trade to van.

Ferland 40-50 over 82 games.

Miller 47 points in 75 games as a 3rd liner in Tampa, should improve on that total. 

Boeser will be 70+ points if he plays 82

Pettersson 80+ 

Horvat 60-70+

Leivo since trade on pace for 30

Virtanen On pace for 35 over 82, should improve.

Sutter 30-40 if he stays healthy with better linemates.

Beagle 20-25.

Who does loui out perform?

Ferland Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Pearson

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Roussel/motte Beagle Leivo

Goldobin

Eriksson, in the AHL where he belongs.

To play devil’s advocate, Roussel is hurt and I don’t see Goldy as any kind of a fit in the bottom 6.  Loui could be the extra forward or in a rotation with Motte/Leivo. 

Im still hoping we can move him this offseason or he could very well end up in Utica... but there’s also a chance he’s still on the roster for another year at least.  It’s not the end of the world if he is.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

So, Fantenberg is the 7th D?

Always go with 8 D men, it's much easier for a d man to fill in on the 4th line wing, then a forward to fill in for a D. Biega does very well for 1 or 2 games as a F.

Schaller, Goldy and Eriksson will likely be in the minors.

I think it would be best for Gaudette, Goldy and Juolevi to play big minutes in the A. Being a Healthy scratch is bad for their development.

It would be a temporary solution to let things play out. Perhaps an injury or maybe a minor trade happens with a team needing a forward or something. Biega is the most expendable guy in thag group, so he's simply the odd one out at that point.

I don't disagree with having 8 dmen as that is the route I would generally go, but just what i would do in that situation posed should we have a healthy lineup and Roussel is ready to return.

It could be Fantenberg waived as well, but hes capable of playing both sides and from most accounts he's a good physical dman like Biega who's a bit younger and if all things are equal, i think Fantenberg gets claimed on waivers over Biega.

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

To play devil’s advocate, Roussel is hurt and I don’t see Goldy as any kind of a fit in the bottom 6.  Loui could be the extra forward or in a rotation with Motte/Leivo. 

Im still hoping we can move him this offseason or he could very well end up in Utica... but there’s also a chance he’s still on the roster for another year at least.  It’s not the end of the world if he is.

Fair points,

I put goldy as 13th fwd,  but he is top 6 or bust.

If Goldy is in the top 6 likely someone is injured or struggling.

Come to think of it swap Schaller with goldy as 13th fwd, send Goldy down to start the season. Then when Roussel returns schaller could go down and goldy recalled as 13th Fwd?

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Fair points,

I put goldy as 13th fwd,  but he is top 6 or bust.

If Goldy is in the top 6 likely someone is injured or struggling.

Come to think of it swap Schaller with goldy as 13th fwd, send Goldy down to start the season. Then when Roussel returns schaller could go down and goldy recalled as 13th Fwd?

Yep - that would totally work as well.  I saw a tweet claiming the Canucks brass are all on vacation right now so moves might be coming in a week.  They have some work still to do for sure.  (Not sure how connected this guy is, but I’ll credit him fwiw.)

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Yep - that would totally work as well.  I saw a tweet claiming the Canucks brass are all on vacation right now so moves might be coming in a week.  They have some work still to do for sure.

Vacation?  What the hell!  Work work work ... get us a cup, or die trying.  :frantic:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Well, I’m not going to check every team for you but from the top of my head, with the Canucks, I would say Antoine Roussel. 

Uhm, it's not my point that is under discussion so if you don't want to support it I'm cool with that.  :)

regards,  G.

21 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Except Ericksson put up those numbers playing mostly top 6 minutes.  

Could be. Not really looking to defend Eriksson as much as have folks support their position.

regards,  G.

Id do this deal 

Eriksson, Demko for Quick + something of value... Maybe a first? Top 3 protected? 

Or better yet, wait for Thatchers value to go a little higher. 

Quicks 4th year adds a lot more damage than Louis 3 years