The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Laine and Jets talks about contract 'non-existant', uncertain about future in Winnipeg

Odd.

21 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

People need to chill with the Laine hate.  Maybe theres something dysfunctional in that franchise.  It's kind of weird how many guys they lost in one offseason.  As soon as guys get a chance they leave..

Would you want to play in Winnipeg?  I sure as **** wouldnt.

I'm not about to blindly call Laine a scumbag like everyone seems to he doing in this thread unless we know the whole story.   Where there is smoke there is fire. And seems to me more guys want to leave than stay in winterpeg

They seemed to have dressing room issues going as far back as last season, or at least that’s what was reported. I don’t think its necessarily that players don’t want to play there (there is probably something to that though) but I doubt it’s the whole story. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, BPA said:

Winnipeg need D men as well if Buff decides to retire.

Laine + 3rd/4th round pick

for

Tanev + Baer + Person/Leivo + 2nd round draft pick.

I tried to include LE but he has a NTC and would block a trade to Winnipeg.

Then offer Laine similar bridge deal like BB.

3yr x 5.75M

His main beef is he doesn't get to play with quality Centers.

In Vancouver, he would most likely play with EP or Bo (both quality Centers).

:)

nicolas cage laughing GIF

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

They seemed to have dressing room issues going as far back as last season, or at least that’s what was reported. I don’t think its necessarily that players don’t want to play there (there is probably something to that though) but I doubt it’s the whole story. 

But I thought Evander Kane was the issue and that's why they traded him....and now Laine.....hmmmm seems like they always have issues.....

• Cheers 1

Hate to say this but Laine has one good point.... Jets lack high end centers. I like little but he would be a third line center on most teams....

sad part is the jets are great at drafting wingers but they never trade them for a center.....

if im the jets I would be calling around to see what's the best center they could get and then just sign Connor.....

Just now, rekker said:

Maybe he has a good point. But you keep it to yourself. Throwing your teammates under the bus in the media is just pure garbage.

Yea I agree 100% on that. I would never say that in the public but I just meant as a outside view.....center has been their weakens for ever pretty much 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Hate to say this but Laine has one good point.... Jets lack high end centers. I like little but he would be a third line center on most teams....

sad part is the jets are great at drafting wingers but they never trade them for a center.....

if im the jets I would be calling around to see what's the best center they could get and then just sign Connor.....

While he may have a point throwing your teammates under the bus like that is stupid. No matter how much a classy guy like Wheeler will come out and say it's a non-story, it's not true. You've literally called your line mates crap, and when you're as lacklustre defensively and as inconsistent offensively as Laine was last year. Throwing your teammates under the bus like that is gutless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

While he may have a point throwing your teammates under the bus like that is stupid. No matter how much a classy guy like Wheeler will come out and say it's a non-story, it's not true. You've literally called your line mates crap, and when you're as lacklustre defensively and as inconsistent offensively as Laine was last year. Throwing your teammates under the bus like that is gutless. 

I agree..... It shows wheeler is all class though kinda reminds me of Ladd when he was captain. I also think wheeler is old school and hope he grabs Laine and sets him straight. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree..... It shows wheeler is all class though kinda reminds me of Ladd when he was captain. I also think wheeler is old school and hope he grabs Laine and sets him straight. 

Personally I think the Jets just need to move him. Land a quality C or right side Dman 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Personally I think the Jets just need to move him. Land a quality C or right side Dman 

I don't know what's out there...for centers.....I think they could pull off two trades.....buffalo would work for Laine and try to get risto + 

also give nash a call and try to get turris....

they could fix their problems faster then people think if they play their cards right

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I was thinking big buff might....heard rumors that he was kinda a problem with the Hawks.....and if I remember right his the one that threw E Kane's track suit in the shower when they played in Van.....

Interesting. But I'm betting the track suit in the shower thing was applauded in the room instead of dividing it, lol.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Interesting. But I'm betting the track suit in the shower thing was applauded in the room instead of dividing it, lol.

True but still kinda childish and not really something you see a leader do....big buff could have dealt with it in a different way....

dont get me wrong I love big buff  and wish he was a Canuck....

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Maybe he has a good point. But you keep it to yourself. Throwing your teammates under the bus in the media is just pure garbage.

Ya dude, that's a punk move and a quick way to turn any organization and it's fanbase against you. Be a man and ask for a trade if that's how you feel. Laine scored 18 goals in November. I don't think his linemates are an issue...

Everything Laine is doing suggests he wants out. I kinda feel bad for Jets fans. This could be a collapse of epic proportions. If Buff retires, their defense is bottom 5 in the NHL (or worse). This was a team on the verge of being a stanley cup contender for the next 5-10 years. 

But guess what...?

It's a good time to be a Canucks fan ^_^

• Cheers 2