The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Telus Email Outage

DonLever

I just sent an email from work to my telus email.

I'm not getting any error messages or anything.  It just said that email was updated now but the new email does not show up.  Seems like all emails sent to the server aren't being sent to my account.

5 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I just sent an email from work to my telus email.

I'm not getting any error messages or anything.  It just said that email was updated now but the new email does not show up.  Seems like all emails sent to the server aren't being sent to my account.

I sent one to a telus email yesterday.  It took a while (couple hours) before it bounced back.  I also sent one via dropbox a minute before, but they got that one when the system restored earlier today.

It's still down for me too.  I feel like it's been offline all week, but apparently there were two separate outages?

Edit - I just checked and I can log into my webmail now, but when I try to open some of the emails it kicks me back out to the login page.

Edited by goalie13

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

Anyone else have problem with Telus email?    It is been out 24 hrs for me.

Been down for a while.  Their "techs" have been "working on it".  That and saying "sorry" is all you'll get from the corporation.

The revenue from the periodic (about the ONLY thing consistant with Telus) rate increases has gone to giving their CEO's, executive managers, a platinum retirement plan instead of hardware/software maintenance.  Have a heart DonLever.  How else are the 'fat cats' going to be able to live it up when they get old?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Gmail, baby.

I got gmail and yahoo mail too.  Most people have multiple email accounts in addition to ISP email.   Still inconvenient when any of them go down.   Worst when it comes to ISP ones since you pay good money for it and you expect to get value for your money.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DonLever said:

I got gmail and yahoo mail too.  Most people have multiple email accounts in addition to ISP email.   Still inconvenient when any of them go down.   Worst when it comes to ISP ones since you pay good money for it and you expect to get value for your money.

Fair enough. I've found Telus to be really hard to deal with. Good luck, Don.

23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Been down for a while.  Their "techs" have been "working on it".  That and saying "sorry" is all you'll get from the corporation.

The revenue from the periodic (about the ONLY thing consistant with Telus) rate increases has gone to giving their CEO's, executive managers, a platinum retirement plan instead of hardware/software maintenance.  Have a heart DonLever.  How else are the 'fat cats' going to be able to live it up when they get old?

Rates go up  but service has not.  A lot of their work is contracted out to companies like Ledcor.   Probably their "techs" could not figure it out and have to use 3rd parties.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonLever said:

Rates go up  but service has not.  A lot of their work is contracted out to companies like Ledcor.   Probably their "techs" could not figure it out and have to use 3rd parties.

Yeah it's like getting screwed by both ends.  You end up paying more for less.  

Shaw isn't much better unfortunately.  It's like a choice of the lesser evil (if one can figure that one out though lol).

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

It's still down for me too.  I feel like it's been offline all week, but apparently there were two separate outages?

Edit - I just checked and I can log into my webmail now, but when I try to open some of the emails it kicks me back out to the login page.

Same here.

"Hardware issue".  Right, because big corporate national infrastructure systems like that don't have cold spares or redundancies, let alone fail-over secondaries.  Pretty much inexcusable, especially to be out this long.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Same here.

"Hardware issue".  Right, because big corporate national infrastructure systems like that don't have cold spares or redundancies, let alone fail-over secondaries.  Pretty much inexcusable, especially to be out this long.

Scary when you think about it. A HUGE company like this in the line of business they're in.....has no backup system in place?  Like WTF?