The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Split Squad lineup thread

Rate this topic

Ossi Vaananen

Below is more or less our depth chart as an organization. Safe bet these guys are all invited to training camp. Our first preseason game is a split-squad on Sept. 16th at home in Victoria and away in Calgary.

What do you think the lineups will look like? Which of the prospects will be given time with vets? What chemistry should be cultivated in the preseason? 

Miller - Horvat - Pearson

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi (Roussel) - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Leivo

Eriksson, Goldobin, Schaller

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Stecher 

Fantenberg, Biega

Markstrom

Demko 

Boucher - Perron - MacEwen

Jasek - Gaudette - Bailey

Gadjovich - Lind - Graovac 

Juolevi - Woo

Teves - Rafferty

Brisebois - Chatfield 

Dipietro/Kielly/McIntyre/Bachman

Put em in a blender and make your lineups! Keep in mind more vets will be used for the home (Victoria) game. 

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Below is more or less our depth chart as an organization. Safe bet these guys are all invited to training camp. Our first preseason game is a split-squad on Sept. 16th at home in Victoria and away in Calgary.

What do you think the lineups will look like? Which of the prospects will be given time with vets? What chemistry should be cultivated in the preseason? 

Miller - Horvat - Pearson                            Ferland Horvat Virtanen                                     Beartchi Gaudette Pearson

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser                   Boucher Miller  Leivo                                            Goldy Sutter  Motte

Baertschi (Roussel) - Sutter - Virtanen     Schaller Beagle MacEwen                                    Eriksson Lind Bailey    

Motte - Beagle - Leivo                               Gadjovich Perron Jasek                                       PTo    PTO  Graovac

Eriksson, Goldobin, Schaller                               Hughes  Myers                                                    Fantenberg Tanev

Benn Woo                                                            Brisbois Stecher    

Edler - Tanev                                                       Juolevi Biega                                                        Rafferty Chatfield  

Hughes - Myers                                                                                                                                  (Teves, if 1 pto)

Benn - Stecher                                                       Demko                                                                     Depeitro

Bachman                                                                   McIntyre          

Fantenberg, Biega

Petey, Boeser, Edler Teves, Kielly and Markstrom sit the first game

Markstrom

Demko 

Boucher - Perron - MacEwen

Jasek - Gaudette - Bailey

Gadjovich - Lind - Graovac 

Juolevi - Woo

Teves - Rafferty

Brisebois - Chatfield 

Dipietro/Kielly/McIntyre/Bachman

Put em in a blender and make your lineups! Keep in mind more vets will be used for the home (Victoria) game. 

4 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Team 1:

Pearson - Horvat - Goldobin

Baertschi - Miller - Boucher

Jasek - Beagle - Motte

Perron - Schaller - Lind

Edler - Woo

Fantenberg - Tanev

Benn - Rafferty

Teves

Markstrom

Kielly

Team 2:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

MacEwen - Gaudette - Virtanen

Leivo - Graovac - Bailey

Gadjovich - Sutter - Eriksson

Hughes - Myers

Juolevi - Stecher

Brisebois - Biega

Chatfield

Demko

Dipietro

I like what you did with the D pairs. Place a prospect with a pro, and give Hughes/Myers some time together. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking the Victoria game will have 5 or 6 NHL regulars while the Calgary game will have 1 or 2.  Calgary will do the opposite.

The only thing that I am sure of is that Benn will be playing in Victoria and will be wearing n "A".  Will likely take the ceremonial pre game face off.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:38 PM, Chris12345 said:

Both lineups won't be worth the price of admission.

If you can afford the tickets it doesn't really matter. I'm going to the game in Calgary and can't wait. 100% worth the money to see a bunch of our prospects and NHLers play. 

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

If you can afford the tickets it doesn't really matter. I'm going to the game in Calgary and can't wait. 100% worth the money to see a bunch of our prospects and NHLers play. 

I dunno man I don't even go to box seats when there's crap in town.

Mind you if 40 plays that's a different story. 

57 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I dunno man I don't even go to box seats when there's crap in town.

Mind you if 40 plays that's a different story. 

We're just so exciting now as a team with superstars in the making in a variety of positions, veteran depth, and prospect depth as well. Whatever team they ice in Calgary will be A-OK with moi. Good times are here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

We're just so exciting now as a team with superstars in the making in a variety of positions, veteran depth, and prospect depth as well. Whatever team they ice in Calgary will be A-OK with moi. Good times are here.

I remember watching Jeff Cowan. That sucked.

It's nice when there are grade A players to watch even when they lose.